can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de leman

Discussion in '2002 Audi R8' started by killaman, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

one quick mother<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

it would kick it... if both cars had no steering wheels

3. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

3 peat for R8 !!!

4. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

corvette c5-r wud kik this thing<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>corvette c5-r wud kik this thing</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your ability to write sh!t about LM is unbelievable.

6. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

wasup

7. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

The classes are LMP900(Audi,Dallara,Courage,Panoz,Cadillac,etc.), GTP900(Bentley; early last year there were talks of a return of a natually aspirated Lotus Elise V8), LMP675(Reynard, Lola, Lola/MG, Welter, etc.) that are allowed 3.8 Liter V8's now, GTS(Vipers, Corvettes, Saleens, 550 Marenellos; and next year the Pagani Zonda C12 with possible appearances from the Porsche Carrera GT and Aston Martin Vanquish), GT(Porsche 996s, Spykers, 360 Modenas, Morgan Aero 8s).

8. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from captainDNA</i>
    <b>there are 4 divisions
    LMP 900
    900kg cars with</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I am overwhelmed with how helpful you were. There are four divisions; LMP900 (900KG), LMP675 (675KG, limited to a 3.4 liter V6), GT, and GTS. I'm not sure what the regulations on the GT and GTS classes are.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

there are 4 divisions
    LMP 900
    900kg cars with

10. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

LMP900
    900kg
    6 litre NA
    4 litre Twin turbo (about 600hp)
    16" tires
    Open roof roadsters
    examples: Audi R8, ORECA Dallara LMP, Dome Judd

LMP675
    675kg
    3.4 litre NA V8
    2 litre straight 4, single turbo (about 550hp)
    14" tires
    lightweight open roof roadsters
    example: MG EX257

LM GTP
    900kg
    same engine as LMP900, allowed more power (about 650hp)
    14" tires
    closed roof 900/675 equivalents
    example: Bentley EXP Speed 8

LM GTS
    approx. 1000-1200kg
    must have same cap. as road equiv. (about 600hp
    14" tires
    Generally supercars, same power as LMP's but less grip
    Must be a certain amount of road going examples, about 150
    examples: Corvette C5R, Dodge Viper GTS-R, Saleen GT, Mosler GT

LM GT
    same weights as LM GTS
    same engine rules
    14" tires
    Cheaper supercars, less power and grip than LM GTS
    must be around 15000 examples
    smaller power than LM GTS (about 500hp)
    Examples: Morgan Aero 8, Porsche GT3 R, Callaway Corvette, Spyker C8 Double.

11. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ch1c4n3</i>
    <b>im not so sure about the number of cylinders rules, i think maybe LMP900s are limited to 6-litre NA V12s or 4-litre TT V8s</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

They're not , I just read the ACO rules for 2002.

12. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

im not so sure about the number of cylinders rules, i think maybe LMP900s are limited to 6-litre NA V12s or 4-litre TT V8s

also of significance is the compression ratios and boost pressure rules, aswell as the more obvious inlet restrictors

something like the BMW V12 LMR runs a maximum of a 13:1 compression ratio, a self-imposed rev limit of 7700rpm, and an obligatory air restrictor

without the air restrictor, the engine produced 700-720hp (in the X5 LM concept) but that was with street-legal exhausts/mufflers/catalytic converters etc

without those the power would be around the 800 mark, with torque at about 550lbft

as for the turbo cars, well just turn up the boost, the engine will take it, the TS-020 motor is good for 1500hp on normal gasoline

13. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

There's no Porsche 948 GT.

The minimum weight in LM GTS is 1100kg , 2425lbs.

The minimum weight in LM GT is the same.

14. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

Yes , and many other points are differents.

15. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

interesting<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

the gt and gts class cars must have a full body shell (viperGTS, porsche 948 GT) and they must weigh a minimum of 2950 pounds.

17. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

LMGTP's also have to run tires that are 2 inches narrower then LMP900 and LM675 cars due to the aerodynamic superiority of closed cars compared to open ones, therefore making the LMGTP on par with the LMP900.

Air restrictor sizes between closed and open cars are also slightly different, again, to even the two classes up.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: can somebody tell me all the divisions in the 24 heures de l

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from captainDNA</i>
    <b>there are 4 divisions
    LMP 900
    900kg cars with</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I am overwhelmed with how helpful you were. There are four divisions; LMP900 (900KG), LMP675 (675KG, limited to a 3.4 liter V6), GT, and GTS. I'm not sure what the regulations on the GT and GTS classes are.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're not really helpfuf either...

LM P 900 , 900kg , free number of cylinders , 6000cc atmo (A) max or 4000cc turbo (T) max.

LM GTP , same rules .The difference is that the P900 are open cars (Audi , Courage...) , the GTP are closed cars (Bentley).

LM P 675 , 675kg , 8 cylinders 3400cc A or 6 cylinders 2000cc T.

LM GTS , the weight depends on the displacement.8000cc A or 4000cc T , still max .no limitation on the number of cylinders.

LM GT , the weight can be lowered by removing some specified parts , + 25% less weight allowed compared to the homologated car by the ACO.
    The displacement is limited to 8000cc A and 4000cc T.

I've simplyfied a lot , because the rules are tens of times more detailed.