can't beat da viper!

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by Jmac, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: can't beat da viper!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from eggy87</i>
    <b>Look Ford won LM with the GT40 when the cars winning LM actually looked like this. Have any of you actually seen what they look like now? No chance....sorry Ford. Who knows if Vipers could actually beat this...Racing will tell not some teenagers on a Supercars.net forum. Have any of you heard of the Viper-Ferrari wars?? WHO WINS IN THE TOP THREE PLACES EVERY YEAR?????????????????????????? VVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSS!!! Put this up against a tuned Viper that is made with up-to-date aero., body, turbos (would be fair cause this has 'em), etc. Now that would be a hell of a race!!! Best of America vs. Best of America :). I'm a Viper fan so I'm gonna go for Viper even if Dodge did f*** it up with the 03 model (they even changed the symbol!!)....It will be interesting to see how well this new Ford fairs in the world of racing. Who gives a f*** as long as they give America the wins that Viper has given us!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I am a fan of both the Viper and this car. You must realize that this car drastically and dramatically handed the ferraris their asses in a platter for 3 or 4 straight years...with a V8 engine, where as the ferraris were boasting V12 engines. Now with that said and done, realize that this car will not only have a V8 engine, but will also be offered in a v10 and V12 versions, some of the new engine designs are being made by Jack Roush. Also, realize that the Cobra R and the Saleen S351 mustangs both beat the Viper.

2. Re: can't beat da viper!

Geeze , some of these people can't see past the tip of thier nose. The Viper is not at the top of the food chain anymore and you just don't want to accept it... The GT40 rules and is the viper anti- venom. The cure has arrived.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: can't beat da viper!

this car will produce better numbers than the viper, performance wise, because of the layout of the car. the mid-engine is the way to go because it shortens the drive-train in turn getting more power to the ground quicker. this car will be lighter than the viper and it will be highly modified in its gt racing form.

4. Re: can't beat da viper!

A viper would kick this things @$$ by a long shot! Keep on lovin' 'em .<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: can't beat da viper!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from eggy87</i>
    <b>Look Ford won LM with the GT40 when the cars winning LM actually looked like this. Have any of you actually seen what they look like now? No chance....sorry Ford. Who knows if Vipers could actually beat this...Racing will tell not some teenagers on a Supercars.net forum. Have any of you heard of the Viper-Ferrari wars?? WHO WINS IN THE TOP THREE PLACES EVERY YEAR?????????????????????????? VVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSS!!! Put this up against a tuned Viper that is made with up-to-date aero., body, turbos (would be fair cause this has 'em), etc. Now that would be a hell of a race!!! Best of America vs. Best of America :). I'm a Viper fan so I'm gonna go for Viper even if Dodge did f*** it up with the 03 model (they even changed the symbol!!)....It will be interesting to see how well this new Ford fairs in the world of racing. Who gives a f*** as long as they give America the wins that Viper has given us!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I am a fan of both the Viper and this car. You must realize that this car drastically and dramatically handed the ferraris their asses in a platter for 3 or 4 straight years...with a V8 engine, where as the ferraris were boasting V12 engines. Now with that said and done, realize that this car will not only have a V8 engine, but will also be offered in a v10 and V12 versions, some of the new engine designs are being made by Jack Roush. Also, realize that the Cobra R and the Saleen S351 mustangs both beat the Viper.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

lol , well most of the ferraris now do have v-8 engines, usally around 450 to 500 hp with no superchargers in them, unlike this car. The v-12 Ferrari like the Koenigs have over 600 hp and are probaly just as heavy as this car is, which means is would beat the gt40. However they do cost about $335,000 dollars.LOL

6. Re: can't beat da viper!

Yes, it can and will beat the Viper!

7. #57 booya_2004, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: can't beat da viper!

Hey automotive enthusiasts! Do u want to learn how to earn free gas? Just check out this site:
    www.few.appgas.com
    Just check it out, it's a great opprotunity!

8. Re: can't beat da viper!

As far as 'beating' the viper, i believe it goes way beyond horsepower or torque rating. just look at the style, the form of the gt40, it cannot be compared to anything else on the road today. its one thing to be fast and pretty (viper) but its a whole different story a car looks as mean and fast as it is, this my friends is the new gt40.

9. Re: can't beat da viper!

I've posted this before but it bears repeating here...

It would be a mistake for us Ford lovers to assume that the '03 Viper will fall so easily to the GT 40 just as it would be a mistake for the Viper lovers to assume that it will walk all over the GT 40. Keep in mind that the Viper is a mature product that has had many years to optimize its its power train and suspension. The GT 40 is all new. Without knowing the final numbers for the GT 40, I can only guess that it and the Viper will be fairly evenly matched.

One other thing to consider. Ford isn't producing the GT 40 until 03. That gives Chrysler time to counter (if they are worried). However, since I'm a Ford lover, I'm rooting for the GT 40.

10. Re: can't beat da viper!

get real this will destroy any viper<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: can't beat da viper!

Its amazing how many people just state what they think will happen without any details. Most, not all, but most people here are just little kids who know nothing about cars. Its a disgrace.

Now NO ONE can say the GT-40 will trounce the Viper, and NO ONE can say the Viper will trounce the GT-40, so why are some of you saying there is no doubt one car will win over the other? Its total arrogance.

This will truly be a close match up. But I'm sure the Viper will be cheaper. Even if the GT-40 does win, who cares? The GT-40 is an American legend, it destroyed Ferrari's and put them to shame. I am so glad this car is coming back into production, I just hope they continue where they left off, killing Ferrari's.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: can't beat da viper!

Personally im a viper fan, but the only vipers this thing cant beat are the hennessey ones and if this thing goes into production, and hennessey gets a hold of one, look out! <!-- Signature -->

13. CAN beat a viper

This car definitely can be a viper. The Production vehicle will proboably be fasster than the concept and the GT 40 is way lighter than the viper. This car also look WAY better than the viper.