Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Bonneville G/XP' started by SkylineGTRMoFo!, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

it's true, the looks are not exactly what you would call... beautifull, but if it can hold it's own against the badest of the bad whilst takin the family to disney, my hat's off to Pontiac... welcome back in the ring!

2. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

but. . i dont think it can. . the only thing that will save it is price it lacks the refinement, and rear wheel power of the competition. . . <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

i guess i can say they look better in person, even tho im not a big fan of ponitac

4. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

but none of them will make your penis bigger like this car will

5. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from HEINEKEN</i>
    <b>Don't like the look, the engine is ok though. But I'd rather take a BMW 5/7 serie, or an Audi A6/8, 4 sure!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Do you actually think that the BMW 7 series is in the same class as this? Do you think the A8 is in this class? Dude seriously those R hundred thousand dollar superluxury machines. The only machines higher in class ratings are Rolls Royce and Bentley.

This is a $28,000-$34,000 car with a V6 engine. Come on man...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

Analogic rapes heinekin's point......pfffff

7. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

this car , even the SSEi beats all other cars in its class in all speed ratings. So add some more ponies to it and you get this: a really fast family car.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

You want to compare to cars it's class.
    it would be like.
    Mondeo/Contour.
    Taurus.
    300M
    Intrepids
    Sebring.
    Accord V6
    Camry V6
    Nissan Altima V6
    Nissan Maxima SE
    Acura 3.2TL...maybe Type S.

Now those are cars you can compare to.
    BMWs and MBs and Audis are way much more expensive..and they are all RWD..not FWD =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

Audi's are front drive and all wheel drive, not RWD

10. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

I thought the Grand Prix was the king of the ring for Pontiac I guess I was wrong this car rules.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

No..
    the cars for Pontiac usually goes in this order.
    Sunfire..and I guess now the Vibe, Grand Am, Grand Prix, Bonneville.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

Still, you never know what Pontiac want to do with this...yet<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

Hmm..since it's a minor upgrade..they might replace the SSEi with this =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

Going back to the comparison to European cars in this class, put it up against a Volkswagen Passat, the Passat would nock the crap out of it, VW's rules.

15. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

American cars cannot be compared to Japaneese cars, and lets not even talk about European cars. They lack refinement, style, and quality. They have been the crap-of-the-crop eversince the foreign makes have landed on our shores.

There are only a handfull of domestic cars that have what it takes to be considered good cars outside the US;

I would name; new Vette
    Viper
    Focus
    New GT40

the rest are boats.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

I am typically a Ford fan, but I also like the Euro sedans (Passat, BMW 3 & 5 Series, A4 Quattro). I have always thought the styling on the Bonneville was overdone, but this is pretty nice. If the interior quality and design matched the outer looks, I would be interested in this. Would have to test drive it at least.<!-- Signature -->

17. #17 Bearing, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jedgcomb</i>
    <b>Going back to the comparison to European cars in this class, put it up against a Volkswagen Passat, the Passat would nock the crap out of it, VW's rules.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I donŽt have anything against VW more than I have against Pontiac, but I donŽt like stereotyping. VW doesnŽt nock the crap out of it - in fact the Passat loses this comparison.

http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/Heraud/Pontiac/Bonneville/2002R.asp

http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/Heraud/Volkswagen/Passat/2002R.asp

18. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

How can you not like the fact that someone in the automobile industry had the idea to make a family car fun and ballsy. I think that these sport sedans are great. Thumbs up to Pontiac for keeping up to date with Taurus SHO and 300M.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Can't compare it to an European car in it's class.

looks good, and i bet itll give any passat a run for its money. Im betting a fully loaded passat wil probably will also cost more and hardly seat 4...lol..vw is probably the most overated car i have ever seen.