Car thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Baklava, Mar 3, 2019.

1. I think a CV joint has decided to die. Possibly requiring a driveshaft replacement.

I was hoping I'd get at least 6 months out of it before this happened! Lol. Looking in to options. May do it myself.

2. Yikes. Sounds like an expensive repair.

3. Speaking of repairs. I have a squeeky right rear end. Probably a worn out bushing. Need to get it fixed as well. Super annoying.

Also i think the serpentine belt needs to be replaced. Sometimes during start up i hear something slipping.

4. I have done many CV joint/shaft replacements. It's really not all that difficult. I just recommend sourcing the parts yourself.
    I had a mechanic shop quote me 1200$ to do the job once. 700$ for the part and 500 for install. I found the part at a local part store for 120$. Then I did the job myself in about 4 hours. Had to buy the hub/lug socket and the ball joint fork which was about 75$ for the both of them. Other than that it was very straight forward.

5. Yeah it didn't seem too complicated, from what I've read of the process. I'd need a torque wrench among other things but it would be a better option.

6. Potentially, but hopefully not.

Probably.

ETB4U likes this.
  7. lol does anyone own a torque wrench? for my bike it was either tighten this hand tight or tighten this as hard as you can

8. I do. :Flexed arm emoji:

9. I'd rather not risk a wheel falling off lol

HippoCrushEverything likes this.
  10. I have a couple torque wrenches, cause I love the clicky clicky sound

ETB4U likes this.
  11. Had the serpentine belt replaced. Ac is suddenly a lot cooler. And no more noises.

12. One gets sick of it.

I made ~700 clicky clicky today.

13. 700 turns of a wrench! a robot should be turning that thing

14. I love fixes like that. Cheap, and solves more than one issue.

15. Veyronman likes this.
  16. Yeah. Supercheap as well. Only 63 euro lol

17. Veyronman likes this.
  18. lol innotech. forgot about that dude

19. i thougt torque wrenches are the ones that actually measure torque

20. You are correct. Set the required torque and it clicks when you reach it.

21. torque wrenches win races, but horsepower wrenches sell cars

22. I just had both driveshafts replaced. Now I can't go on holiday :(

23. Me neither because my kurwa Fiesta hasn't been delivered yet :(

24. Equipped with three hard bags nearly an equivalent of my Mini.

I bought a Honda VFR 800. Really nice moped, civilized, pretty and not too expensive to buy or to insure.
    Of course the first thing I did was to take it to a track, rode three short sets to get a feel on how the thing behaves.
    Already planning a longer trip to Europe for next summer, maybe something shorter for this autumn.

Honda_1_600x900.jpg

Veyronman, IdoL and ETB4U like this.
  25. Nice purchase. I loved my 750.