Carburetor Cleaners?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by RLQ, Oct 20, 2004.

1. I just wanted to know what is a good carb. clearner?

2. like as in the spray shit?

just about any will work. usually i go with the wal mart brand supertech for like 89 cents because i seem to go through alot of it.

Gumout, berryman's B12, etc might work a little better, but they're also expensive so #$%# it. i can go through three cans of super tech before i go through 1 gumout and still spend less.

3. Random fact: people pop off vaccum hoses and spray carb. cleaner into their rotary motors to clean out the carbon buildup. Also, lots of people use water, and a few even use ATF. Any way you do it, you're going to cover half your block in black smoke.

4. its not just rotary owners who do that. if you really want to make some smoke, do the same thing with antifreeze on some junker car.

5. Lol, put carb cleaner in? you soak carbs in carb cleaner. Me, I used on my motorbike some stuff designed to be sprayed into your carb, I think it was by Gunk. They make good stuff. Go to any automotive store and you can get it. All you do is spray it into your carb while the engine is running. No smoke and no mess. really cleans things up and gets it running better. Then after you fill up next, put some fuel system/carb cleaner designed to be added to your fuel in. Well worth the money on an older running carbed vehicle.

6. I mean the spray one.

7. People use tranny fluid on all sorts of cars, I saw someone do it the other day infact. #$%#ing awesome, I could barely breathe.

More random fact: People spray carb cleaner on engines to detect vaccume leaks.

8. CRC Clean-R-Carb

9. Yeah, that's a great way to check for vaccum leaks.

Personally I have a can of Gumout Carb/Choke cleaner sitting around. I don't know why.

10. that and WD40, i use them for everything.

WD40 even smells good

11. Cool thanks.

12. Another random fact: Carb cleaners will destroy your soft contacts. I found this out first hand when some of the spray richocheted back into my eye. At least I'm not blind.

13. Most random of facts: Brake Cleaner, not carb cleaner, when equiped with the extending tube and a powerful lighter can fire napalm like fire about ten feet.

14. my gfs dad uses it for damn near everything. if hes actually working he normally goes thru a can a day. we used a lot to try to trick my car into running. got it up but then found out the real problem and had to kill it again.

15. I am using Berryman Fuel Treatment, Injector and Carburetor Cleaner. It is very nice and easy to use.

16. You should post in the general forum some. Threads there are a little more up to date ;)

17. nice bit of spam, there.

18. I think it was by Gunk. They make good stuff.

19. ZOMG A GIRL. Amarite guys?

ETB4U likes this.