Change those ugly rims make em wider

Discussion in '1998 Dodge Lingenfelter Viper GTS' started by DarkStar, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The car looks aight but the rims look so 70's<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

What kind of homosexual are you? Worrying about the wheels on a 680 HP car? This thing could have 14 inch Cadillac rims and I wouldn't care!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

make them wider???? what like they arent wider enuff? Shit what do u want this thing to have 345/40 18"'s?? and they dont look gay they look good.it fits the car well. Plus they're deep dish which is all good.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supras DarkStar</i>
    <b>The car looks aight but the rims look so 70's</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

FuCkEr<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

who cares about the rims? just spend a few thousand more and get some of those rims that keep spinning when you stop, they'd look hella sick on this car.

6. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

It is all about the car, and if all you care about is da rims then obviously you don't know a true sports car!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

oh shutup

who cares about the rims<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

i will agree with everyone and say who cares about the rims. rims don't make the car.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

I see that I have found a forum to once again be the stick in the mud. If someone is going to spend the $40,000+ to modify his viper I should expect them to put the wheels they want on it too. I would also like to state that rims do make a difference when it comes to a "real" sports car. The weight of the rim is a very important matter beging that they comprise most of the cars unsprung weight. Lighter wheels means less power need to get them turning and getting them to go faster. That's why the 911 turbo has hollow spoked wheels and all the Le Mans cars use multi thousand dollar lightweight allow wheels.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

yeah but any loser w/ a buttload of cash can go out and buy a viper or a lambo or a ferrari or somethin like that, but if u have the taste to put awesome rims on a car, then you do have style, and u know what ur doing. anybody can say "I bet a diablo could beat that!" cause thats all they've heard. but if u have the style and the knowledge to do the little stuff, then people will notice it.

11. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

very true!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

lol, that's the most ignorant comment I've heard yet.

13. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

They are already 13 inches wide which is unheard of in every day life.

14. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

C'mon guys... To say the rims don't mean anything in my opinion is not true.. You don't go out with a fine honey in a suit and some busted tennis shoes.. You gotta have the complete package. Of course performance comes first, but in this situation you don't gotta worry about that.. I personally think the rims look good, but anybody with the bucks to buy this car most likely has the bucks to buy some rims.
    -D

15. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

I am not big on Vipers, but who would notice the rims on this Viper it would be goin too fast for you to notice them as it blows by you in top gear leaving you in a cloud of exhaust, tire smoke and whatever else it kicks up...the rims are fine, (if you wanted the car to go faster and perhaps weigh less go with Alloy wheels) but they don't make the car...there's more to it than just the rims, people.

16. Re: Change those ugly rims make em wider

i have to agree with muscle car heart. rims don't make the performance of the car.those rims are fine and this car is well built and fast.what makes this car fast is a souped engine, a modified chassis,a reworked suspension, a heavy duty rear axle and a good gear selection.