Check This V35 GTR Out !!!

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by kav, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

I bet if someone spent as much as the McLaren F1's cost into a Skyline GTR R34 or whatever... It will be faster/as fast and/or handle better/as good as the F1.. what do you guys all think? I mean 1 million dollars spent on a production car, is that even possible with every single thing you can imagine? You can carbon fiber any body part.. do every single thing to the engine and everything. think about that guys.. :) I'm a 1999 Nissan Skyline GTR M-Spec lover.. but whatever..

2. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

why is it so bad to compare this to a mclaren? it has more hps has a quicker 0-100k. its not like the guy was dissing the f1. i dont think there is someone dumb enuff on this site to do that.

3. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

first of all. there are only a few reasons why the f1 has a higher top speed.

1. drag coefficient.
    2. gearing.
    3. weight.
    4. surface area .

engine placement has nothing to do with it. neither does being a turbo engine have anything to do with it.

in response to if you modded a skyline with a million dollars.

it would no longer be a skyline. in fact, the very FORM of the skyline would have to change (due to drag coefficent and other factors) in order to beat the mclaren. on top of that it would not use the stock transmission or any original parts. in response to 'putting carbon fibre on everything'. yes you can buy a carbon fbire hood for 600 bucks. you fail to realize that your CF 'hood' is actually a piece of Fiberglass with a COATING of CF on the top and (if your lucky) on the bottom as well.

the f1 is a study in racing. its form matches function. it has a race bred v-12. its entire chassis is made of carbon fibre and uses aluminum space frame construction for optimal chassis rigidity and safety. carbon fibre is VERY expensive is only found in the highest levels of motorsport (formula one) and in spacecraft/military grade aircraft. the engine bay is coated in GOLD becuase why? it is the best material possible for heat deflection. you sit in the center. why? optimal balance. the engine is placed in the center and very low why? optimal balance. it generates huge downforce and is completely stable up to its top speed which is higher than any other car on the road today.

on top of this each mclaren is largely hand constructed and the production line for each car is (at the most, at least when it was still made) about 5 cars. each car took about 2500 man hours to create, which is why the car costed so much money.

the mclaren f1 LM edition does 0-60 in 2.9 and the quarter mile in very high 10-very low 11's. everything in this car is about saving weight, increasing downforce, promoting handling, and increasing power. the car is a racing machine that happens to also be a road car that is very comfortable as well and sacrifices none of hte creature comforts as many of its competitors does.

4. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

This thing could go over 400 km/h, but it wasnt meant for this, instead they made it for acceleration.

5. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

power is not everything but it is nice!

6. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

For all u assholes the enzo couldnt smoke a skyline gtr if it tried. the skyline is proven its the worlds fastest street racing car plus and the f1 car is faster cus of maybe it is far lighter for the ass that made this post(bhp aint all about speed ever thought about acceleration)

7. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

I have a couple of questions, first about how much does this car cost? second, whats the redline for this thing, if it goes 850 hp at 9300 im guessing hte redline is around 10000??? Would it be cheaper if I bought in japan and THEN import it???I need to know the price of R34 GTR, The R34 Blitz,R34 Veilside and how much it would cost to import

8. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

I agree with Blaze4Eva, he basically ended this thread. These two cars can't be compared.. that's the bottom line. It comes from a whole different bred of 'racing cars'. Can't be compared.

9. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

i like most of the newer skylines and have driven most of them, but never the r33

I personally have a GTRV-Spec 2 (R-34)J

10. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

11. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

cuz its heavier
    mclaren is na
    and this is turbo, so it has turbo lag
    no matter wat

12. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

U only got one thing right its weight. But that doesnt effect it that much. Turbo lag doesnt effect top speed. It only effects accerleration. But if u know how 2 launch a turbo car then it doesnt really matter. Some of the tuned Skylines have a redline of 12000rpm.

If u spent the difference between these two cars on modifying the skyline in a straight line it would easily win. but i doubt it would be able 2 handle as well. They spent ages developing the Mclaren F1 i doubt there are 2 many modified cars out there on the road that could beat it. Anyways. Nissan has had millions of dollars spent on improving there performance. But never 2 compete with a car like the Mclaren F1

13. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

You stupid dumbshit, they're talking about the McLaren F1 not an F1 race car

14. Re: Nice and shiny. Do you like the color?

well the colour on the blitz suits it coz its one of the fastest skylines available its sure beats any other stock colour

15. Re: Nice and shiny. Do you like the color?

The color is alright. You could always change that. The performance is awsome!

16. Re: Nice and shiny. Do you like the color?

Its all ugly.

17. Re: Nice and shiny. Do you like the color?

Except for the performance. Its got excellent performance.

18. Re: Nice and shiny. Do you like the color?

I like the color.

19. Re: Nice and shiny. Do you like the color?

Yeah, I can live with the color.

20. Re: Nice and shiny. Do you like the color?

That color blends with the sleek shape, and the body kit. Why not like it?

21. Re: Nice and shiny. Do you like the color?

My favorie color? Primer gray baby!

22. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

HMMM maybe bacuse skyline sucks!!!

But seriously skyline does sucks

The gearing maybe, the weight maybe too, plus it is 4wd its should be faster, well anyways we also forgot about a small thing called torque!

yes I believe a car with twice as many cylinders produces torque!

23. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

this is a no sense thread

24. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

Im saying skyline sucks because a Buick beat it....

Did u know Buick GNX was advertised as 276 HP, 300 torque, and 0-60 in 5.5 and in some cases 5 flat....But tested in Car and Driver ...It had over 300 Hp, 380 Torque, and 0-60 in 4.7 seconds!! and this was stock with no tuning!

25. Re: If it has so much HP, why is it slower than the F1?

OHH GOD AND I THOUHT KKKMAN WAS DUM THE ENZO WAS BUILT FOR SPEED. WHICH SKYLINE WAS THE WORLDS FASTEST? YOU SEE IDITS LIKE THIS DONT KNOW SH.IT ABOUT SUPERCARS THEY WATCH THE FAST AND FURIOUS FOR ONE NIGHT AND THEY THINK A SKYLINE IS FASTER THAN A MCLREAN. THE FASTEST RACE CAR IN THE WORLD TODAY WAS A PORSHE 917 I CAN SEE YOU DONT WATCH REAL RACING LIKE THE 24 OF LEMANS THE AUDI R8 IS THE SECAND FASTEST IN THE WORLD. IF THE SKYLINE WAS SO FAST WERE THE LEMANS VETORY? I DIDNT THINK SO BESIDES SAYING THAT A FERRARI WOULD LOSE TO THIS MAN WERE HAVE YOU BEEN? TO SKYLINE IS A NICE RIDE BUT IT ONLY HAS A TOP SPEED OF 115MPH VS THE ENZO WHICH 210MPH. PLUS IT CAN TURN LIKE HELL AND A SKYLINE NEEDS A TURBO THATS RIGHT SOME MODS TO EVEN COMPETE! IS THE SKYLINE OR A SUPRA IN THE GUNNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS OF BEING THE FASTEST CARS IN THE WORLD? HELL NO BUT THE MCLREAN F1 WHICH IS THE FASTEST IS THERE THEN THE LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO IS NO 2 THEN THE FERRARI ENZO AT NO3.I DONT SEE ANY SPORT COMPACTS HERE. SO YES ENZO WOULD KILL A SKYLINE REGARLESS OF WHAT YOU SAY! OH IT NEEDS A TURBO IT STILL WOULD EAT A CUSTOM SKYLINE JUST LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED TO A SUPRA VS A MCLREAN F1 THAT SUPRA WAS LIKE A MILE BEHIND THE F1 AND THE TOYOTA WAS PACKING A 1200HP ENGINE. JUST THINK WHAT AN ENZO CAN DO!!!!! MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO SOME RESREACH BEFORE POSTING MY SKYLINE IS THE FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD!!!! BECAUSE ITS NOT!