Chevrolet Sport Ute (South Africa)

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by Aych Es Vee, Nov 11, 2010.

1. #1 Aych Es Vee, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/110111029474/chevrolet-sportute-from-south-african-tuner-lupinipower

From the other land down under comes a tuning job for the South African edition of the Chevrolet SuperUte SS that would turn a 1974 Chevy El Camino an envious shade of green.

The Chevrolet Ute was sold up until recently as the Pontiac G8 in the North American market and continues to go under the name of the Holden Ute SS in Australia.

South African tuner LupiniPower has pumped up this Chevrolet SuperUte SS pickup to an output of 535 bhp (399 kW) and 590 lb-ft of torque (799 Nm) on a supercharged 6.0 liter V8 power plant similar to that which goes into the Corvette ZR1. 0 to 100 km/h takes just 4.5 seconds and top speed is 175 mph (282 km/h).

LupiniPower also provides a suspension 'tweak' for better handling and race-spec front disc brakes and calipers.

The SuperUte rides on 20-inch wheels, with 8.5 x 20-inch rims at the front and 10 x 20-inch at the back, wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE050 ultra-high performance tires.

The tuner's all-inclusive price for the Chevrolet SportUte SS is $91,500/€63,000/£58,000.

A full Bilstein suspension and a limited-slip differential for the true track fiend are optional.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/110111029474/chevrolet-sportute-from-south-african-tuner-lupinipower#ixzz150YxoGdb

2. Ho-lee- ****.

3. it's funny how the article refers to the 74 el camino as if it was good looking

4. It is. It's muscular and badass. So is this.

5. America is South Africa?

6. whoa africa looks like a dick and balls pointing down
    like it wants to penetrate thick white antartica

7. Ugh Maloo R8 FAGGOTS

8. what a shitty photographer, makes the paint look terrible with bad lighting n reflections

truck is cool though.....except those exhaust tips are lame.

9. Not a truck

10. i dont care for all theses subclasses and such..........its either a car or a truck or a motorcycle.......pick one.

11. it's a cheeseburger

13. It's like my future car, the Montana, but bigger. Same styling and everything except RWD.

14. This is one of the more tolerable modern Utes I've ever seen. Still can't say I like it. Post 60s utes=fail.

15. its a ute

17. and 435 hp

18. truck*

19. AND A DIFFERENCE OF 300HP. THAT'S IT.

20. ahahahaha

21. They have the left hand drive, and the badges already.... GM North America should just bring in like, 700 of them, and sell a very limited edition run.