Christmas Computer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kemper, Dec 25, 2008.

1. It's fantastic. Gateway FX4200, 8gb RAM, 1TB Harddrive, ATI HD 3850 video card, Blu-Ray drive, AMD 9750 Quad core, Vista 64-bit.

Plus a 25.5" 1080p monitor.

This was my only gift btw.

2. lol, a 1080p monitor?

3. Yes there is such a thing. I'm using a 24" 1080p monitor right now.

4. do want le PC

5. Needs more ram. And probably more hard drive space.

6. the thing is, they are worse.

7. Does the graphics card come with HDMI output? I don't know if there's such thing, just wondering.

8. Except for when it functions primarily as a screen for my xbox. And as a bonus, its way better than using my 14" laptop screen.

9. When you eventually need to upgrade it you should swap out that 3850 for a 4850.

10. I don't know what the difference is, but it's a bigger number.

I've been testing this system with all my games, and so far I've been able to max all the graphics and it's still smooth.

There are no words to describe how pumped I am.

11. I currently have 1.95TB in my desktop and plan on hooking up a 160GB externally for some backup stuff. Though, I could actually use more RAM (I have 2GB). And I'm still running a Pentium 4.

12. LOL Pentium 4. Two of my computers are like that still though, one for TV/PVR function, the other is mainly a file server. And I just bought one of those 1.5TB drives for it.

13. what

14. they see me trollin'

15. all 24" or bigger monitors support 1080p, with rare exceptions

And no, they are not worse

Unrelated, most graphics cards don't come with HDMI, but there are lots out there with one built in. It just depends what brand you buy. You can use a DVI -> HDMI adapter, they're pin for pin the same video wise, but HDMI can also carry HD audio along with the video

16. thats ALOT of animated gifs and funny jpegs.

17. Shit nikka, I'm running dual monitors at 1050 right now and they're only 22s.

18. I'm on my sweet 15.4" laptop, specs unknown.

19. clipart too for spicing up your powerpoints

20. and funny clips from the soimpsons in .WAV format

21. ya most 20-22 are 1650 x 1050 but that doesn't support 1080p

1080p is 1920 x 1080

I want dueling 30" someday so bad

22. I don't know what any of those numbers mean

23. It means he'd beat you at Counterstrike. Also, his penis is larger than yours.

24. thats a crazy computer.