clamed wrong?

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by benzofdoom, Jan 1, 2004.

1. they claim the car gets 3.9 how nice, but when tested in every magazine ive read it its 4.7.... If lieng sells cars than go on you dirty basterds lie away!

2. #2 Guibo, Jan 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: clamed wrong?

Every magazine? Surely you've only seen one test. While I haven't seen a 3.9, I've seen a 4.0 (below).

Other results.
    MT 2/02 4.07
    MT 6/03 4.29
    MT 11/02 4.60
    R&T 3/03 4.5
    edmunds.com 4.6
    Motorweek 4.1

The 4.7 figure you're referring to probably came from this test, which may have been done on a damp track surface:
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=56&page_number=1

3. Re: clamed wrong?

Are all cars impossible to get the claimed time?

4. Re: clamed wrong?

No, not all cars are impossible to get the claimed time. Porsche, for example, tend to be conservative with their times. Dodge has been also, with its SRT-4.

5. Re: clamed wrong?

porsche is the most conservative by far. they claimed 5.5 with the Cayenne turbo, theyve pulled multiple 5.0 and 5.1 times. they claim 4.3 with the turbo, timesa as low as 3.77 have been recorded

and yes it is impossible to get these times. motor trend is where all these impossible numbers come from. they have pro drivers on a drag strip, which is a much grippier surface than the norm road. they also like to switch out tires. motor trends numbers are the theoreticals, not the possibles.

6. Re: clamed wrong?

They probably had the traction control and active handling systems off. my dad has this car and i beleive it goe's 0-60 in 3.9 with the traction control off and the active hanling on

7. Re: clamed wrong?

This Z06 has done 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. However, it was cone by a test driver who works for Chevy who can perform clutchless upshifts. I got that from a Car and Driver magazine, where I think it was Larry Webster achieved 4.0 seconds to 60, and stated that C/D test drivers always use the clutch for every upshift and downshift. So unless you can upshift without the use of the clutch, u wont be able to get a 0-60 time of less than 4.0 seconds.