CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

Discussion in '1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Straßenversion' started by C5 R Vette, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

The Mercedes would slaughter a McFlaren in any race with turns! Otherwise the McFlaren would own it, by the way Vettes suck!

2. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

I'm going to say that I like them both a lot, and they are pretty even if you consider all possibilities. Turetto, nice pic, but what are coners? BenJorgy, what's a McFlaren? Sorry about the sarcasm.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

Why do you always have to compare this car with the F1? both companies... (MERC and McLaren) work in harmony in respect to the racing side<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

MCLAREN FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

There goes another one... I just hope Kimi Raikonen or David Coulthard wins the title this yeah... I'm just too tired of seeing Michael Schumacher win it everytime... plus I don't dig Ferraris<!-- Signature -->

6. #31 BlueGhost, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

CLK vs GTR?

hmm, I haven't got a clue, but man would I love to see a race!!! I'm gonna search for a vid, and if I find anything, I'll post here for you fellow car lovers!

Can you imagine what it would be like? 5 Mclarens and 5 Mercs batlling it off in germany. The Smell, the sound, the sight. Pure House power and speed. awwwwwwww www. MUST FIND VIDEO! hehe

Straight line > McLaren
    Circuit > No Idea

7. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

CIrcuit > CLK-GTR (I'm positively sure!) with it's superb handling... it's gonna kill the opposition! I'll try finding that video too... if there ever has one...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

there both really cool cars, but the Porsche GT1R would beat them both!!!!!!!!!

9. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

There is no such thing as a 911 GT1R... only a 911 GT1 which costs $1,000,000... and I doubt that it would stand a chance... but it's a cool car too<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

to man their aint nutin beter than a BENZ..but CLK GTX iz betta tha a GTR..n still it would woop any mklaren..GTR or GTX

11. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

You should check the Mercedes-Benz Brabus CLK-GTX too! Mad sweet pimpin car!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BenJorgy129</i>
    <b>The Mercedes would slaughter a McFlaren in any race with turns! Otherwise the McFlaren would own it, by the way Vettes suck!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Its MCLAREN and i think the mercedes would win to a point, then the MCLAREN would take over the top speed end and win.
    it just depends on the race:

1/4 mile = Mercedes
    Top end = MCLAREN

but thats just me.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MOOCHACHA</i>
    <b>the mclaren would win in a staight line race, but this would kill it around corners</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->agree!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from love of cars</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BenJorgy129</i>
    <b>The Mercedes would slaughter a McFlaren in any race with turns! Otherwise the McFlaren would own it, by the way Vettes suck!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Its MCLAREN and i think the mercedes would win to a point, then the MCLAREN would take over the top speed end and win.
    it just depends on the race:

1/4 mile = Mercedes
    Top end = MCLAREN

but thats just me.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> You shouldn't give McLaren all the Credit... it was BMW who manufatured it's engine... and it definitely is Mercedes-Benz's engine that is in the MCLaren-Mercedes F1 cars (which has already won 2 championships in it's only 5 year appearances in F1 in recent times)

It quit F1 in 1955 due to a motorcar mishap back then that killen 30 or so spectators...<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: CLK GTR vs. McLaren F1 GTR

clk gtr because it handles better because it is in le mans and it's also got a unbeatable 0-100miles 5.7 and very good 0-60 3.4 and about the top speed try 380km/h without the speed limiter!

16. without the speed limtter, clk gtr goes flying

17. UMM.....sorry to burst any bubbles here, but file footage from a now defunct TV show, called Motorvision saw the McLaren F1 GTR always beating the Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR LM up and down Circuit De La Sarthe, home of the 24 Hours of LeMans race, for a better part of the '90s. God for Mercedes' sake didn't win until 1999, even then there was only 1 other that finished 4th or 5th place, which saw two Porsche 911 GT1s placing 2nd and 3rd, in that every same race. I believe that's the case.

But, regardless of that to have even scored at least 5-7 top 5 finishes in 1995-2000, still shows a great deal of dominance no matter how you look at it.

But now to answer your question, I'd pick the McLaren F1 GTR by just a SMALL margin, over the Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR. Which I don't no about you guys says a lot about this machine.

18. I'd have to say the McLaren F1 GTR...but followed very closely by the CLK-GTR, though.