Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

Discussion in '2000 Ferrari 360 Modena' started by lurbo, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Who knows which car would win in a race track???For me:
    1)911Turbo (maybe a draw with the 360)
    2)360 Modena F1
    3)Corvette (way back!!!)

2. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

Maybe for sure the 911Turbo

3. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

1 360 Modena
    2 911 Turbo
    3 Z06

4. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

i hate to say this but

1. 911 t
    2. 360 m

3. vette

5. Re:
    Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

OK, the Porsche would probably win, but Ferrari is the nicest looking IMO.

6. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

1. Porsche 911 Turbo
    2. Corvette Z06
    3. Ferrari 360 Modena

First off the Corvette has the quickest 0-60 times, 3.9 seconds. The Porsche would be right behind it at 4.0, and the Ferrari at 4.3 seconds. The Porsche would beat both in the 1/4 mile at 12.4 seconds. The Corvette gets 12.5 if I'm not mistaken, and the Ferrari 12.8. The Corvette has the highest lateral g's at a solid 1.0g. The Porsche gets .96g and the Ferrari is about .98. I think the Ferrari would actually lose this one. The fight between the Porsche and the Vette would be deciding factor. While I believe both cars will be fairly equal in the turns and down the straights. I just think the Porsche with that extra 10 horsepower will just stick it's nose out at the finish line. I think it would be a very close race. I don't see one car beeing way behind. I see all cars being very close together the whole race.

7. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

i think.... well lemme put some logic to this. i think the better driver would win.

8. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

More like:

1)Corvette Z06
    2)911 Turbo
    3)360 Modena (way back!!!)

2003 911 Turbo: 0-60 4.2
    2003 360 Modena: 0-60 4.5
    2003 Corvette Z06: 0-60 3.9

And the handling of the Turbo is no where compaired to the Vette. It might even slip back with the Modena.

9. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

Smart dude here - knows his facts. Even though I think that the Porsche and the Ferrari are each 1/10 second slower on 0-60 than what he says...

Anyway The fact that the Porsche will eventually catch up and be ahead by 1/10 of a second after a quarter mile will have no effect on a course. Come on its gonna make up a 10th a second on the straight away? The Vette is so much faster on the rest of the track and handles way better.

10. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

1. modena
    2. 911
    3. z06
    and evry1, stop comparing z06s to ferraris. they will never beat it out!

11. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

1)Porsche 911 Turbo
    2)Ferrari 360 modena
    OH DEAR

What a shame

keep going

how embarrasing

for the yanks

way back

in third position

3) corvette

12. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

sorry sir, but you are utterly mistaken. they have taken times as low as 3.77 on a turbo (motor trend i believe) also, the z06 may have "more grip" but you must remember that that doesnt = handleing. the turbo has all kindsa nice shit like variocam and PSM, which definately help on a track. also, that modena is the 4rd best handleing car in the world, (behind an elise and a m12, both of which are under 2000lbs, givin them a huge advantage, and an enzo.)

in a race course, the turbo would for sure win, and the modena would be prob in 2nd, but the z06 would be quite a ways behind.

also, on just overall niceness of the cars, the z06 is nowhere near them. other then the drivetrain, the z06 is a piece of shit, bad quality and worse engineering.

oh yeah, i do like the z06 as a track car, but sorry, comparing it to the biggest of the big boys isnt smart.

13. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

According to magazine tests the 360 is faster around the track...not down the strip. As for the Vette...well...you can buy 3 for the price of one Ferrari...but who in their right mind with $150k would do that??? Honestly! What car arouses women more than a 360?

14. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

You're absolutely wrong.The 911 turbo has been tested by some mags and has done the 0-60 at 3,7 though the vette has done the 0-60 in...4 no one has ever succeded to do it in 3,9!

15. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

lol!

16. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

haha, I agree, man, but the viper should be in this too. The only one it could possibly lose to is the 911 turbo

17. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

911 TURBO

Ferrari 360 Modena

Corvette Z06

18. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

1) Porsche 911 Turbo- I think it'd be very close between the Ferrari and the Porsche...

2) Ferrari 360 Modena

3) Corvette ZO6

Which one would you have the most fun driving? The Ferrari!

19. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

ima ferrari man but im still gonna be honest. the turbo will smoke them both but it will be a really close race between the vette and the modena. i gather this info by watchin actual races. the modena got beat by an evo 7 and the corvette beat the snot out of a viper acr, the porsche (a GT2 and a Turbo) participated with an f50 and some other hyper exotics and it kept up pretty well.
    So its 911 turbo
    then 360 modena
    then corvette Z06

20. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

Ok someone mentioned this allready...and they raise a very good point. With difference in 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times being so close, it all comes down to the dude behind the wheel. Whoever has got the balls and experience to push the car harder will win. If you put Mario Andretti in the Ferrari, and Jeff Gordon in the Vette or Porsche, Mario will more than likely win.

If I had my choice out of the three, I would go with the Ferrari, who cares if its a "little" bit slower, it's cooler than all of em!!

Has anyone noticed...that on the little boy cars like the Skyline and Supras and stuff, the forums are littered with potty mouthed entries about who has got the faster car? But in the big boy cars, everyone talks kinda just like it is a brotherhood of people who just love cars. We all love the Vette, we all love the Porsche, and we all love the Ferrari! Which will smoke all yalls shit! Haha, just kidding!

21. #21 ferrariclub0, Oct 21, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  22. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

I personnaly think that the 360 would win by a little bit over the 911 turbo. The mondena doesn't actually go as slow as they say, they got a stock one to do 200+ and the 0-60 is more around 3.9-4.1 range and it would do the quarter in about 12.2, but the other cars stats would be better also. You have to also consider the gear ratios because they would probably be a key factor

23. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

you people kill me, both the z06 and 911 turbo have times of 7:56 on Nurburgring. the z06 isnt an american straight line car like most of you stereotyping idiots think. its faster than a modena on a track, which hasnt broken the 8 second barrier on the ring, its faster than an NSX-R. and the 04 z06 with its revised suspension is faster than a 911 turbo

24. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

it would probably be a tight race as long as the modena's don't do this again

25. Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Modena F1 vs. 911Turbo

Tahoeman, u couldntt be more wrong. the z06 isnt a straight line car but it has such bad handling it is almost as bad as the viper. The turbo and modena are both faster and in a different class. With exotic supercars the stats are usually estimated and havent been test to its full potential, this is true for the ferrari and the 911. But look at it this way and the corvette z06 is a step u from the base c5. The 911 turbo is a step up from the coupe, but the modena is a base model, see if you put in the modena GT then they'll be sorta the same, well they'd all be a step above stock. Then the final results wound be the modena GT, 911 turbo and then the corvette z06, just try to look at it that way...