Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

Discussion in '2000 Porsche 911 Turbo' started by Gamer55, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

sick n tired of seeing vs Z06 everywhere, corvettes are crap

2. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

I don't think so...

3. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

The Z06 is a piece of trailer-trash with a pretty face and big tits who's toothless brother tought her how to fight. The 911 Turbo is the beautiful girl who went to finishing school then went on to earn 5 blackbelts in 5 different forms of martial arts. The Corvette may be a great car, but it will always be outclassed by the 911 Turbo. Absolutely no comparison what so ever.

4. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

You were right at the beginnig but you're wrong about porsche owners
    Porsche owners dont want to be ferrari owners because of people like you.
    #$%#ing americans and your stupid cars, corvette is total trash with terrible quality and refinement which doesn't even equal in the best performing car, i mean if you're going to suffer with bad quality and cheap materials, you should excpect the best performing car, a turbo perform better and is built with superior quality.

5. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

You are an idiot. The 911 turbo does 0-60 in under 3.9 seconds and has a top speed of over 195mph. The Z06 has never been tested to reach 0-60 in less than 4 seconds and has a top speed of under 180mph. The 911 is also faster on a circuit or road. The 911 turbo reportedly has 415-420hp, but that is measured at 5700 rpm. Recently I talked to a porsche dealer and owner and he assured me that these figures are conservative and measured at 5700rpm which is 1000rpm shy of the redline and 1300rpm short of the fuel cut off. This suggests that there is at least 420+hp hidden higher in the revs. I have also seen a Dyno test that showed 436hp at the wheels!

6. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

Actually dude the 996 Turbo has a topspeed of 189 MPH while the Z06 is at 175 and the 0-60 is like 3.9.

7. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

how the hell can you compare a vette with a Porsche 911 turbo. Don't make me laugh.
    Here's a picture of the 2003 911 GT2. What a beauty. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

8. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

hahaha that has to be the funniest thing i have ever heard

9. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

actually, car and driver got the turbo to do 3.9 secs to 60. the ZO6 did just 3.8 that's not exactly "smoking" it.

10. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

first off, the z06 did not get it in 3.8 generally the numbers are between 4.2 and 4.4

The z06 is a very good sports car, but its gm, and not known for quality. many a time when you take a GM car apart, it doesnt fit back together quite right (its not that i hate american cars, but it is true, quality is far below euro and jap cars) in porsches, everything fits back perfecly. also, there arent any stamped parts, all are machined, also increasing quality. the quality of the z06 pretty much disqualifies it from this comparison.

just for refence: the porsche 911 turbo was rated #1 current production car in the world. this was rated by CAR magazine, a very reputible brittish magazine. this was ranked (price factored in of course) above the #2 cooper S, #3 PAGANI ZONDA, #4 360 modena, #9 murcielago and many many more.

sorry, but the z06 just isnt as good.

11. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

I have to agree...The Z06 is good but nothing like a 911 Turbo.

12. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

The Z06 sucks! There is no way that the Z06 Could keep up with the Turbo. The Z06 is a piece of @%$&!

13. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

The Z06 is an extremely beautiful girl whose only weakness is that she comes from a middle class family. The 911 turbo is an ugly rich girl who thinks she's better than everyone only because she's from a rich family.

14. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

The 911 turbo has more straight line speed, but loses badly on the track. The lap times are all over this website.

15. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

Man stuff the Z06 and 911. The SL 55 AMG makes both of them look like ugly Moles!!!

16. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

you guys have to be kidding me. anything about a z06 beating a turbo is complete bullshit. on a track in a straight anything, the turbo beats the z06. compare 1/4 times compare anything the turbo is better for several reasons. quite possible the best 4wd system ever created (adjusts power from rear to front when necessary) insane suspension and reliability. dont get me wrong i love american cars and i love the z06. but cmon theres no way the z06 can come anywhere near the turbo in anything.

17. Re: Corvette Z06 vs Porsche Turbo

I've seen them go head to head in three different tests done by magazines. They tied once, and the Z06 won by 2 sec/lap the other two times, and one of those times, the 2001 Z06 was used, which had 20 less hp. The Z06 also tied the GT3 at the Hockenheim Ring, in a test done by a German magazine. Maybe you should judge a car's lap times by its actual lap times, rather than things like price, prestige, badge, or country of origin.