Did the Z8 originate from this????????

Discussion in '1957 BMW 507 Series II' started by stars, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Nice car<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

A rip-off? Or maybe just a continuation of a great BMW design. The Z8 is not a rip-off, but a modern interpritation of the classic roadster layout, with the long front hood and short rear deck, low windshield and roof-line. Besides, trying to design a roadster will always end up looking somewhat the same. Hell, almost any new roadster or sports car designed today, with a few mid or rear engined cars being the exception, will end up looking like this. So the Z8 is not a rip-off, but a great attempt at the resurgence of the roadster.

3. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

I wouldn't call it ripoff since bmw made both cars, i'd call z8 a salutation for 507s classic lines...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

Elvis had a 507.

neway, this car got totally mullered by the Jaguar E-Type.

soz guys.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

Who cares about the e-type if a bmw-enthusiast is talking about it's prestigious heritage..<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

I think not.<!-- Signature -->

7. Ouah, vive la France, so guys

les BMW sont toujours aussi moches.
    If you prefer, a Peugeot 406 Coupé get this monster back to the graveyard.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

the Z8 is to the 507 what the current porsche 911 is to the original 911. BMW says that if the 507 carried on right to the present times like the 911 has done for the past 30+ years than it would look like the Z8. BTW the picture doesn't do it justice. The same guy who designed this designed the Datsun 240Z.

9. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

The Z3 originated from this...I'm sure of it i saw it in a magazine 5 years ago so i don't really remember the name of the mag

10. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

Not quite, but close. The Z8 concept was originally titled Z07, after the 507. If you look at the two cars side-by-side, it is easy to see the common lines and design features.

11. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

From what I hear (I actually read this in a BMW brochure) the Z8 is an evolution of the 507. They look awfully similar, and i believe it. Hats off to BMW!

12. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

Definetly, just look at the 2 cars side by side.

13. Re: Did the Z8 originate from this????????

14. Re: Ouah, vive la France, so guys

hey ZE PRO, well if you prefer a peugeot 406 coupe over this, hehe, it seems ur a bit too patriotic, although it is a nice car, but you have to drive it with ur head aoutside the window,
    P.S, my aunt has one

15. Re: Ouah, vive la France, so guys

there is a 30 year old difference between this and a 406

16. MDR

shy to be french when I hear that

406 Coupé is a beautiful car but without any charm when u drive it, the V6 is as boring as an american 2.2 or 2.4 / 4 in-line

and if misteur ze pro u don't know how to appreciate a masterpiece of the 50's, and try to compare it to a simple beautiful pigot, I'm wondering why you're posting about a 50 year old car