done

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sbctimh, Nov 11, 2012.

1. New Venture transmission removal

done

2. This thread provides all the information I need!

3. I'm tired of seeing post that ask for help with a problem, but the poster gives no info about make/model/engine or anything.
    "I was driving my car and now it doesn't work, whats wrong with it?"
    From now on, IF YOU ARE GOING TO ASK FOR HELP PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFO IN YOUR POST:

1. Year
    2. Make
    3. Model
    4. Engine
    5. Trans-if applicable
    6. Your level of experience working on your own car
    7. What the problem is

4. 2005
    Honda
    Civic LX
    1.7L SOHC 16-Valve
    5 speed stick
    I popped the hood once
    Lacks VTEC

5. Done pulling the transmission on my winter beater 98 S-10 to replace the slave cylinder. I was having problems, but figured it out soon after posting here. Now my only problem is finding somebody to buy it from me so I can get something older/better.

6. ah. never ever worked on one of those so I have no idea how much of a pain in the ass that is.

7. The truck was designed around the T-5 trans but by 98 it was using the larger new venture crapbox. A good half inch swivel and over 2 feet of extensions to get to the top bolts once the motor is at max tilt.

8. that does not sound like a good time

9. It would have been better if I didn't have to use a board with cement blocks piled on it to pry the front of the motor up.

10. couldn't you just use a scissor jack?

11. I needed weight on top of the board to lift the front of the motor using the swaybar as a pivot point. There was no room to get a jack on the front of the motor.