Earphone help?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kirbyzook, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Is there any way I can boost the bass on my earphones? I got new headphones that have good sound, but the bass is extremely low. Can I boost the bass other than using the bass boost thing on the iPod?

2. It has to be done in software (i.e. an equalizer). I'm kinda' pissed the MP3 CD player I bought doesn't have an equalizer, but it sounds great so I dunno' care...

3. Get new headphones. EQ, even the one in the iPod, will generally negatively affect quality as much as it helps the bass.

4. But what's odd is that I'll have the equalizer on the same setting, which has lots of bass with my old earphones, and then I'll put in my new ones and there wont be any bass. I wish that there was some way I could somehow directly boost the bass on my earphones.

5. Yeah, I might have to... unfortunately, my old good earphones broke. The new ones I got were those expensive in-ear earphones for the iPod.

6. You're headphones are garbage then. When I had to buy new earphones I took back two pairs that sounded crap before I settled on the ones I'm wearing now (sony behind the head ones)...

7. Are they the black ones with the yellow-green things that display right or left? That's what I used to have, those were great.

8. No. I don't like headphones.

9. #10 stewacide, Dec 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  10. You guys, earphones, not headphones...

11. I hate Koss everything. My friend has a Koss MP3 player and I'm always there trying to get it to work. My brother has one now and it's pretty crap - the controlls make no sense...

12. The link I posted has some really good in-ear phones, if you are willing to spend some money. If not, then suffer.

13. earbuds really suck

14. i have those headphones too, they're great.

15. No, the bass is much better with those.

16. No, earphones don't suck. You should listen to my Shure E3c earbuds. Paid 179 for them and their way superioir to my 300 dollar Sennheiser headphones.

17. #19 AstonDB7, Dec 28, 2004
  18. #20 BOBITRON, Dec 28, 2004
  19. #21 AstonDB7, Dec 28, 2004
    I will say I have not had a chance to test those. I had to decide between the Shure and that and I went with the 3C's because they isolate sound more than anything else out there. About 93% of ext. sound is cancelled with the 3C. It's even better than my 149.99 Sony MDR-NC11 that I just sold 2 weeks ago.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006JILM/103-4069395-3754222?v=glance

20. #23 BOBITRON, Dec 28, 2004
  21. The E3C reviews were so damn good I had to buy them. I have not regretted a single day since buying them.

22. I still prefer an open Fullsize headphone. Sennheiser HD600s for me...