Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

Discussion in '1994 McLaren F1' started by F Enzo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

LaMagra ur a piece of cag
    umm hello, the Macca was never intended for sale in USA, so it never had to conform with the strict emission policies> thats why extra weight 4 enzo. This and the enzo has to comply with newer safety laws better crash safety

All the stooges that say enzo is ugly, have u watched an F1 race recently, it is a copy of a GP car?? it is function over form

Yes Macca is a nice car, no doubt, but around a circuit, it would be very close. Enzo has tonnes more downforce at high speed, thats why lower top end speed.

2. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

Change the name of the thread.
    It sounds like your very biased and noobish.

3. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

Do you people read or are you biased to your favorite cars? There is no way in hell the Enzo will beat the McLaren F1 around anything. The McLaren has a curb weight of about 2600 pounds while the Ferrari Enzo weighs over 3400 lbs. That's heavier than the Camaro, folks. All that ass on it, I'm sure the oversteer would kill it on the Chicaynes.
    Secondly, the McLaren F1 is a sportcar based on a Le Mans platform, while the Enzo is designed for self-indulgent pretty boys who couldn't shift their FEET right. The McLaren has the suspension and the drivetrain of the race car, wrapped in a more civilian friendly case. It'll kick the Enzo's fat ass!!

4. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

You can't really put the Enzo against the F1 even though the F1 would still win. This because all testers who have drove the F1 and Enzo say the McLaren is better, why? Because the McLaren is so much more natural, no traction control, no power steering you have a pure feel of the road and what the car is doing.

Even though the F1 would be beat the ENzo is fairer on McLaren to put the Enzo against the LM or GT and those smoke it even more, they would make it look SILLY.

5. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

As much as I love the McLaren. I do think the Enzo can beat this car. Ferrari has made an awesome handling car. Which is most important in road racing. Not top speed like a lot of you think.

6. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

You are correct, but the Enzo also out-accelerates the F1.

7. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

That would be a close race, although I cant believe the McLaren only pulls .86 g's on the skidpad. put some decent tires on this car, c'mon!

8. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

No. The Enzo weighs appox. 3000 lbs. That's a pretty blatant 'oversight' for someone accusing others of not reading.

9. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

I think the Enzo is faster on the race track and McLaren F1 is faster in a staight line. But which car is better is only a matter of opinion. Enzo does have better overall performance, but F1 is more refined and comfortable.

10. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

Oh yes, I remember your "insider knowledge" in which you claimed to know one of the engineers on the Veyron who admitted to it being "terrible", as I remember you putting it.

Not to mention you flamed anyone whose opinion towards the Mclaren differed from yours in the slightest. That you think Supercars.net is here to "respect" you is funny. Even in a post supposedly claiming you as being innocent, you still find time to generalize about the "American mentality" and insult the American government as a whole.

Hope you weren't too burdened having to start a new account, but with more posts like this, I think you might want to get used to it.

11. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

ok..to wrap everything together..i read a magazine where they tested the enzo nd brought it on the utah salts or sumthing.. nd the 0-60 time was faster than the f1..the 1/4 mile time was faster than the f1..nd ill brb ill get the issue...

12. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

ok im bak..road & track..ENZO: WORLD'S BEST PERFORMING SPORTS CAR
    best 0-60
    best 1/4 mile
    best 0-100
    best slalom best 80-0 braking. i dunno how close the race would be but in a straight the enzo would be winning for a little while then im sure the f1 will glide on by.

13. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

so it wont smoke the f1

14. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

The McLaren F1 has a much better design! It's faster when you drive it faster, Enzo would never beat it!

15. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

16. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

The Enzo is an impressive piece of road-going f1 kit, but ferrari took a pretty long time to come up with a car that really doesn't perform much better and only gains advantage through its greater amount of downforce. And, at the same time, does this without looking better than the mclaren. They're both made of carbon fiber, but the mac obviously takes the cake when it comes to fit and finish. The enzo has more visuals along the body, but it all adds up to an overdone set of panelling with no continuity in sight. This passes somewhat if you look at it long enough, but the mac beats it here by looking beautiful with simplicity.

Give me a porsche gt3 and that's it.

17. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

I am sorry man, but given the numbers and all, I am still going to say the the McLaren would be the winner. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that the Enzo wouldn't put up an excellent fight but in the end. McLaren will triumph.

18. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

the mclaren f1 is the ultimate road car period. i happen to not like this car but i respect its power and design its the closes to perfect a car is now and car that ferrari comes up with the people at mclaren could top and this site is rong on the top mph they tested this car on a long oval track and it broke 300mph i think it did 341 to the max. the car was tuned of coarse but it was stock. also think about the weight to power ratios ude be amazed.

19. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

You do have a good point there, even though I prefer the McLaren F1.

20. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

I totally agree with you the the Enzo is an a totally category thean the almighty MclarenF1.

Cars may try to beat it, but it is impossible.

21. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

You fanboys arent taking anything into consideration.

This is pointless.

22. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

I dont know which one is faster but i do know that for the difference in cost of the mclaren and the enzo you could certainly tune the enzo and make it hmmmm a little faster than the mclaren......???

23. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

This would hand the Enzo it's ass.

24. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

The Enzo can most likely beat the F1 on a track. How often do cars reach top speed on a track? Not a lot. I'm 99.9% sure the Enzo can handle better than the F1.

25. Re: Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

Seeing as though that the Enzo will put up a great fight, but the McLaren would probably be the winner. Plus the fact that its a 97 car racing an 02.