expensive but...

Discussion in '2002 Morgan Aero 8' started by vader, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: expensive but...

How is it too expensive for what it is? Its made of modern materials (not plastics either), its hand made, its a sports car. Many of you like the Lotus Elise. I'm assuming thats because of its lightweight it gets good HP/Weight. Look again at the Morgan. Lotus Elise HP/Metric Ton = 159...Morgan Aero 8 HP/Metric Ton = 286. The Morgan's lightweight construction meshes awesome together with its 286 HP. Besides 280-300 HP is alot any stock car let alone one this light. As far as styling goes...IMO its beautiful.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: expensive but...

vader, f-bodies are dead. thats all i got to say, maybe your right... but i would have liked it alot more with a different Bimmer engine.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: expensive but...

Because it is handmade you choose the spec, I am pretty sure that there are road going examples with 350-400bhp in a 1000kg car. <!-- Signature -->

4. It looks so nice !!

The engine is strong , altough I'd have prefered the new BMW V8 4.4L 333hp.

5. Re: expensive but...

I don't know. I didn't really like that era. I liked the 50s, muscle-car era, and the new era, the futuristic era, that we're going through right now.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: expensive but...

This #$%#ing car is way to expensive... I wouldnt pay no where near $100,000.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: expensive but...

Outside it's just like "1936 Delahaye 135 Figoni et Falaschi Competition Court" but new.

The engine could be smoother, like M5.
    <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: expensive but...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supra and Bronco</i>
    <b>vader, f-bodies are dead. thats all i got to say, maybe your right... but i would have liked it alot more with a different Bimmer engine.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

F-bodies ?

I'm french , does it mean front oriented design ?

If so , check:

Viper
    TVR Speed 12 and others

If not , forget this post.

9. Re: expensive but...

F-bodies refers to Camaros and Firebirds.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: expensive but...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>It looks so nice !!

The engine is strong , altough I'd have prefered the new BMW V8 4.4L 333hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I would rather have a 394Hp M5 motor in it. If it did, then this car would take off.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: expensive but...

the M5 engine would be too powerful for this car....i think....<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: expensive but...

the race version has over 500 hp and it only wieghs like 17 lbs more. . . .so it could handle it. . . . i dunno if the drivers could. . . <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: expensive but...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from stairway2heaven</i>
    <b>the M5 engine would be too powerful for this car....i think....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It never hurts to experiment w/ one.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: expensive but...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supra and Bronco</i>
    <b>vader, f-bodies are dead. thats all i got to say, maybe your right... but i would have liked it alot more with a different Bimmer engine.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    When did I say anything about f-bodies? Besides, they're not dead, they're "resting". Soon they'll be back. But they are not the matter here. I would have liked it alot more with an Aston Martin or Jaguar engine or even more with an engine that Morgan made themselves, but oh well, it's still a cool car.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: expensive but...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RLQ</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>It looks so nice !!

The engine is strong , altough I'd have prefered the new BMW V8 4.4L 333hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I would rather have a 394Hp M5 motor in it. If it did, then this car would take off.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Some people always want more !!

LOL , why not ?

16. Re: expensive but...

Paint it black, fudge with the frontal appearance a little, and throw a huge rocket engine on the back and I think it would make an awesome Batmobile. Or, keep it the way it is and make it a Bond car (if Bond needs german power then at least go back to British styling).<!-- Signature -->