F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

Discussion in '1995 Ferrari F50' started by SpeedwaGod, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

It would be a VERY close race. What the Mclaren loses in the turns (not all that much) it'll make up in the straights. I don't think such a race will ever be held, so it'll never be proven.

Now if we're talking the Mclaren F1 LM, then the f50 may as well quit now, no contest.

2. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

i hate to say it but mclaren would win

3. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

Ferrari would never DARE to put it on a race.

Cars like McLaren F1 GTR, Mercedes CLK-GTR and Porsche GT1 are REAL race cars.

F50 isn't. That's why it NEVER entered a race and will NEVER be in one.

Sorry.

4. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

F1 GTR was an extreme road car, GT1 and CLK GTR were 100% RACE CAR(casually CLK was much more faster than F1...).
    F50 GT was incredibly fast, faster than 333 sp on Fiorano raceway, but never entered in race cause the CLK GTR: a championship too expensive, with no audience, no image, no sponsor, no tv, no money!!
    In kart-track probably the F50 is faster than F1, but in a standard raceway F1 wins: is too faster on straight!!

Mafalda

5. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

This is not a race car and can't be compared to a Mclaren because Mclaren is a race car.

6. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

if its a race car, is it allways in the production car catogaries??
    answer............it is a PRODUCTION CAR!!!!!
    that was made into a race car.

7. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

The McLaren was designed as the ultimate road car, the fact that it performed well as a race car was just a fortunate extra.

8. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

It would all depend on how long the straight aways are. The Ferrari F-50 would no doubt kill the McLaren on a turn because of its great downforce from all 4 of the fans that pull the car down in each one of the 4 air intakes... A McLaren would no doubt win in a 1/4 mile but at high speeds the F-50 could probly accelerate just as good (if not better) then the McLaren. Oveusly the McLaren has a greater high speed so it would all depend on how long the straight aways are.

If the staights arnt very long no doubt the F-50 will win, but if the straights give the McLaren enough time then it'll be close.

9. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

I really wish the F50 could win, but in reality the Mclaren F1 has a much better chance of winning. The Mclaren is obviously faster than the Ferrari in straights, and many magazine articles and racing games suggests that the handling of the Mclaren is about the same as the Ferrari.

10. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

I really wish the F50 could win, but in reality the Mclaren F1 has a much better chance of winning. The Mclaren is obviously faster than the Ferrari in straights, and many magazine articles and racing games suggests that the handling of the Mclaren is about the same as the Ferrari.

11. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

It doesn't matter what a game or magazine says.
    the only thing that matters is the real thing. It would
    also depend on the drivers. I too hate to say it, but I think the
    Mclaren would win. Not by much though!
    Ferrari HAS, and ALWAYS will make the Best road cars In the WORLD!

12. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

my conclution is that the only thing the mclaren can depend on is the straits and if there were no straits on race tracks it would have no chance of winning. Also the mclaren costs 500 grand more for what reason?

13. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

Are you people insane,the only thing the Mclaren f1 could win is a top speed shoot-out!The F50 is actually a little faster in accelaration than the Mclaren,not to mention the fact that f50 has no rubber bushings in it's suspension,similar to an F1 car.
    Therefore the F50 handles better then the Mclaren and you did say a curvy track,so f50 wins,No doubt, f1 doesn't stand a chance unless it's a top speed shoot out whereeas the f1 would rape the F50 in that test,lol.

f50 ....0-60 mph 3.7 sec
    ........0-100mph 6.0 sec
    ........1/4 mile 10.9 sec
    .........top speed 202mph

F1......0-60 mph 3.2 sec
    ........0-100mph6.2 sec
    ........1/4mile 11.1 sec
    ........top speed 240mph

14. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

where did you find those stats?

15. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

Hey ! Are you nuts ?

F50 REAL TIMES:
    0-60: 3.7s
    0-100: 8.0s
    1/4 mile: 12.1s

McLaren F1 can beat your ferrari anytime as they did with their GT versions in LeMans against Ferrari 333sp...

You can like any car you want but you cant change the facts

16. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

Ha....F50 vs. MCLAREN F1????? please.....the F1 would be at the end of the track in the time it takes the F50 to complete 2/3rds of it.
    If you really want a fair comparison, try F1 vs Enzo.

17. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

Man you really are dumb as #$%#!The F50 handles way better than the Mclaren you half-wit,and the Mclaren doesn't even accelarate faster,it only has the higher top speed,but you are not gonna be able to go no damn 240mph on most tracks.So on a track with turns the F50 would win,and who the #$%# are you to judge the F50 you viper loving #$%#!~?Go #$%#ing kill your self right after you kill your #$%# of a mom!

18. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

I have books and videos of these two cars at home.Nothing on the internet though sorry.

19. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

Get the #$%# out of here with you SuperCars.net stats you half-with,they are way off! I'm not changing any facts dickhead,I have books and videos of the F50 and Mclaren F1 at home and that's where I got those stats from dickhead!Unlike you I actualy do read!lol
    And why would I change facts if I like both F50 and F1,huh yeah thought so!

20. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

Yeah right...i suppose you were the person responible for the design, engineering, tsting, etc of both of these cars huh?....Pretty crass comments from someone who hasn't even seen An F1.
    oh and "The F50 handles way better than the Mclaren you half-wit,and the Mclaren doesn't even accelarate faster....because the F50 has a 0-100 time of 6.2" eh? Where are those figures from? inside your Mothers vagina? Only place i can think of....the wider Mclaren F1 would understandably have difficulty negotiating them..errr...passages. An F1 takes 6.3 secs for the 0-100 times by the way, and the F50 takes 6.8 (This info being for other users, being as it is, totally wasted on a pissf*** s***head like you).
    Oh and i do like the Viper...hardly a crime considering you love Dacias and Toyotas.
    Also do consider, that if a car has a significantly higher 0-60 time, it can pull out in front of the other car before they reach a 100, and how easy is it to overtake on a tight & twisty track huh?
    Hahahahaha! What a weiner!

21. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

Nothing on the internet though sorry....yeah right, like i thought tittyf***......who edited those books and videos? Luca Di Montzemelo with Jean Todt? Or your own wierd imagination perhabs....either way any sane person would get the picture.

22. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

You stupid #$%#ing shit,I have videos and books about both of these cars,and the Mclaren has way more bodyroll than the F50 dickhead!
    See how #$%#ing stupid you are,just because you hate the f50 you come in here talking out of your ass that the Mclaren handles better.
    God you are total #$%#ing retard,kinda like most #$%#s that also like vipers,lol.The f50 has more downforce than the Mclaren,it's more agile(even though it's heavier)and has formula 1 style suspension,the Mclaren's suspension was designed to be both comfortable and sporty,therefore it has way more bodyroll through corners than the F50.

And you really did come out your mother's asshole if you think 0-60
    time is gonna win the race,lol

You are #$%#ing queer as can be,End your Self now!!!!

And you still could not answer why they should change everything on the F50!!!Fucking pula la ma'ta,de cicat prost,Toyota makes way better cars than dodge by the way homo(Supra,Gt~one so #$%# off!)

Oh yeah and do put spaces between your words,much easier to read that way,IDIOT!

23. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

A MILLION CONGRATS, MATE! You really did make me fall out of the chair this time....hahahhahahhahahaha....."I have videos and books" of both these cars"...yeah right are you f***ing blind as well as stupid? The F50 has formula-1 style suspension...yeah right and the F1 has what...a Dacia suspension? Ohhh jeez....Romanians are so f***ing funny!The F1 was the car that pioneered the underbody Venturi way back in '93...two years before your (inferior) F50 thought about them....and the underbody venturis of the F50 are smaller (can't believe me? ask your mom to look at the photos for you d***head) and that huge rear wing only begins to generate downforce at triple digit speeds...and let us remember which car gets there first...oh yes, the McLaren F1...hah...Dumbass.
    And quit applying what ONLY A S***-EATING P***F*** LIKE YOU could do, to other people.....I do believe YOU must have your brainless mug far too deep inside your dad's arse if you think 0-60 can't win you a race.....check out the winter 2001 issues of Popular Science. The 385hp version of the Corvette Z06 finishes The streets of Willow racing track almost 3 seconds ahead of the M3 coupe...and the M3 is supposed to have a better suspension than the Corvette, according to ignorant Yank-hating morons like you, right?...and before you start bitching, the topspeed attainable on that track is 146-153 mph depending on track conditions....so the vette's higher top speed
    isn't an issue.
    And as for your sig, my sister gives good head eh?...funny, i never knew i had a sister.....hahahahaha......Man, i Just LOVE it when you prove your own stupidity so well.

24. Re: F50 vs Mclaren ON A RACE TRACK WITH TURNS

And by the way:
    "You are #$%#ing queer as can be,End your Self now!!!!".....???? I realize that coming from Romania, your English must be unintelligable, but now that you are in the States, Could you please make an effort to learn proper English? and after you have done that could you please also learn internet language terminology so that it isn't such a pin explaining things to you?
    So people who like vipers are retards eh? Hmmm....that must mean Bob Lutz, The Ripleys crew, the 3-times Le Mans-winning Oreca people are all retards..according to you....well if thats the classification of a retard, sign me up! I'm glad to be in their league.
    Oh and by the way.........
    Viper GTS (Euro 385hp version): 0-60mph in 4.5 secs
    Top speed 177 mph
    Driven by Sports stars and Bad guys(just for rhyming)

Toyota Supra(320 bhp): 0-60 mph in 5.2 secs
    Top speed 150 mph
    Driven by No one but mod boys....

Dodge has the Ram SRT-10 and Avenger....Toyota has the Hilux(ohhh 75hp...cool!) and the Avensis.......I rest my case.