Fake Scoops or Not?

Discussion in '2000 Pontiac Grand Am SC/T Concept' started by ShishKa, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Are those "fake" scoops like a mustang or not on the top?

2. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

The Ram Air intake hood is functional on that car. SLP is the maker of that hood, and will soon be producing the kit that makes it functional on all 99+ Grand Am GT models.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

Saw this at the auto show. Scoops on the hood were plugged with plastic covers. Maybe they were removed later or something, but they were positively covered when I saw it.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MyGrandAmGT</i>
    <b>The Ram Air intake hood is functional on that car. SLP is the maker of that hood, and will soon be producing the kit that makes it functional on all 99+ Grand Am GT models.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Unlike the Ford Mustang today! But I don't like this Grand Am, even though I really like all Pontiacs. Its to similar to the PT Cruiser convertible concept. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

This car isn't too bad. Certainly an improvement from the regular Grand Am. The seating looks luxurious, and 262 bhp isn't too bad for a supercharged V6 engine. Its top speed doesn't seem like it would be that good, but the car isn't that bad. I like the air scoops and racing seat belts.

6. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

I think that with the amount of HP, there must be a means of getting more air into that beast so they must be real.

7. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

Its just a sporty version aimed towards young kids like us - and if they put it on the market, I think it would do really good. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

prob fake

9. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

Soon, as in they said that 2 years ago and have yet to release it...that's the only reason I haven't got the hood. I don't wanna get something that doesn't improve my performance when the dealership claims it does in the item name "SC/T Performance Hood".

10. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

There real ram air . i kno cuz i went to the pontiac Nataionals NHRA drag race event and the pace car was the SCT Conv , i poped the hood and looked , lol was before i got my 03 GT took me a wile to fynd the latch to open it got it open looked then the guy seen me and got pissed and was like sir could u please close the hood
    but ya , its real and whatnot

11. Re: Fake Scoops or Not?

no theyr real