falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

Discussion in '2001 Ford Falcon 300' started by 104625, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from u v</i>
    <b>falcon suxxxxxxx.
    i pick the hsv it will kick this falcon anytime,anyday.
    plus hsv has a better interrior.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I'd take the falcon and leave ur sorry HSV (Holden Shittest Vehicles) asses at the set of lights....The might falcon is spreading its wings again...long live the super roo<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

Falcon. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

Of course they are gonna praise the hell out it on an Autobahn! It's a straight road, and you have 300kw sitting behind your foot. Where does handling come into play when you're not talking about twists and turns.

The GTS is a great car when it comes to acceleration and top speed, but when it comes to 'handling' around a racetrack it fails because its so bulky and it's suspension, compared (Notice the word 'compared') to other competitors such as the Falcon, isn't the best.

I'm not saying it's suspension is downright BAD, but considering a TE50 which has 65 BHP less, can come within a few milliseconds of the GTS's time around the track, Holden should do better.

And with Ford bringing in the Control Blade suspension ford the BA, it will be interesting to see what Holden do to improve their cars.

4. id select the hsv.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

if they make the falcon 10 to 1 ford is going to ruin it by making it front wheel drive. that would just suck!

6. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

falcon suxxxxxxx.
    i pick the hsv it will kick this falcon anytime,anyday.
    plus hsv has a better interrior.

7. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

Falcon, just read the stats, i'm not going to waste my time posting them.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

Falcon the holdens all shit<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

why aer you comparing a flacon to a HSV anyways, y not compare them a a FTE t-series car which are the competitive cars in that market which HSV makes cars for. if ur goign to compare a flacon, then compare it to the right car, a commodore, of which the falcon XR8 beats all the commodores (not HSVs) for acceleration. (according to wheels magazine)

So go falcon

10. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nissanZboy</i>
    <b>why aer you comparing a flacon to a HSV anyways, y not compare them a a FTE t-series car which are the competitive cars in that market which HSV makes cars for. if ur goign to compare a flacon, then compare it to the right car, a commodore, of which the falcon XR8 beats all the commodores (not HSVs) for acceleration. (according to wheels magazine)

So go falcon</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Who says wheels magazine is right? They are ONLY journalists not professional drivers.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

i spose it just comes down to personal opinion, but arnt holden knwn for their power and ford for their handling

12. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Holden Nut</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nissanZboy</i>
    <b>why aer you comparing a flacon to a HSV anyways, y not compare them a a FTE t-series car which are the competitive cars in that market which HSV makes cars for. if ur goign to compare a flacon, then compare it to the right car, a commodore, of which the falcon XR8 beats all the commodores (not HSVs) for acceleration. (according to wheels magazine)

So go falcon</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Who says wheels magazine is right? They are ONLY journalists not professional drivers.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I wouldn't say they are ONLY journalists. They have a lot more driving experience than most people.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BaRRa</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Holden Nut</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nissanZboy</i>

So go falcon</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Who says wheels magazine is right? They are ONLY journalists not professional drivers.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I wouldn't say they are ONLY journalists. They have a lot more driving experience than most people.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Not necessarily...yes they may drive more different types of cars on a regular basis but that doesn't make them more experienced.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Holden Nut</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BaRRa</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Holden Nut</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BaRRa</i>

I wouldn't say they are ONLY journalists. They have a lot more driving experience than most people.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Not necessarily...yes they may drive more different types of cars on a regular basis but that doesn't make them more experienced.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Don't forget Cam McConville who tests cars regularly for MOTOR (PCOTY, BFYB). He is a professional driver who can definately get the best from the cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeah but he is only one opinion. And doesn't he drive for Ford or Holden? If he does his opinion would be biased I think. Just one example of what I was saying before...you ever read about how the motoring journalists think the Monaro steers better than an SS with its slow steering rack? Well a few of the HRT drivers that work with HSV said the SS's faster steering felt better hence why the GTS Coupe has the normal steering rack. Who would you believe???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The average person would relate more to the motoring journo because we do not have the high skill of professional drivers, so I would take the word of the journo<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BaRRa</i>

I wouldn't say they are ONLY journalists. They have a lot more driving experience than most people.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Not necessarily...yes they may drive more different types of cars on a regular basis but that doesn't make them more experienced.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Don't forget Cam McConville who tests cars regularly for MOTOR (PCOTY, BFYB). He is a professional driver who can definately get the best from the cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeah but he is only one opinion. And doesn't he drive for Ford or Holden? If he does his opinion would be biased I think. Just one example of what I was saying before...you ever read about how the motoring journalists think the Monaro steers better than an SS with its slow steering rack? Well a few of the HRT drivers that work with HSV said the SS's faster steering felt better hence why the GTS Coupe has the normal steering rack. Who would you believe???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The average person would relate more to the motoring journo because we do not have the high skill of professional drivers, so I would take the word of the journo</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->But that doesn't justify that what they are saying is necessarily right. <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

i disagree with the journo bit cause the critisised the handling in the VTII GTS and when they took it to the ring in germany and on the autobahns they praised the hell out of it.

17. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

Don't forget Cam McConville who tests cars regularly for MOTOR (PCOTY, BFYB). He is a professional driver who can definately get the best from the cars.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

Don't forget Cam McConville who tests cars regularly for MOTOR (PCOTY, BFYB). He is a professional driver who can definately get the best from the cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeah but he is only one opinion. And doesn't he drive for Ford or Holden? If he does his opinion would be biased I think. Just one example of what I was saying before...you ever read about how the motoring journalists think the Monaro steers better than an SS with its slow steering rack? Well a few of the HRT drivers that work with HSV said the SS's faster steering felt better hence why the GTS Coupe has the normal steering rack. Who would you believe???<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: falcon vs HSV vx2 xu6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GTHO</i>
    <b>Of course they are gonna praise the hell out it on an Autobahn! It's a straight road, and you have 300kw sitting behind your foot. Where does handling come into play when you're not talking about twists and turns.

The GTS is a great car when it comes to acceleration and top speed, but when it comes to 'handling' around a racetrack it fails because its so bulky and it's suspension, compared (Notice the word 'compared') to other competitors such as the Falcon, isn't the best.

I'm not saying it's suspension is downright BAD, but considering a TE50 which has 65 BHP less, can come within a few milliseconds of the GTS's time around the track, Holden should do better.

And with Ford bringing in the Control Blade suspension ford the BA, it will be interesting to see what Holden do to improve their cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It's not only the handling that affects track times, don't get me wrong its one of the biggest factors, but there is also brakes, gear ratios and characteristics of the engines. And maybe the Ford's suspension suited whatever track you're talking about better.<!-- Signature -->