ferrari automatic....

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 456M GT Scaglietti' started by goodcars, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I know this particular 456 is not equipped with an automatic transmission but some of them are! I just hate knowing that ferrari makes an auto tranny in such a beautiful machine - they have done this is several models from the past also. who would ever buy one? probably one of those stupid celebrities who has a ton of money and likes to be seen in one. ahhh!!!!

2. Re: ferrari automatic....

You're 100% correct. Ferraris should only have 6-speed manuals or F1's.

3. Re: ferrari automatic....

No one buys the automatic version. It's 7,000 dollars more. Over 80% of the 456M are manual, though. The auto is also slower. I can't stand celebrites who buy automatic ferraris.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: ferrari automatic....

If you're saying people shouldn't buy automatic because of the price difference, $7000 is not that much when you're talking about a car that costs $250,000. Automatic Ferraris suck because they ruin their own prestige. They're made for people who like to drive rich but are too lazy to shift a 6-speed and make the most of it.

5. Re: ferrari automatic....

They have to have the option of the automatic for the rich 90 year old man who can't push in a clutch. It's a #$%#ing disgrace that a masterpiece of engineering would be built, but never DRIVEN!

6. Re: ferrari automatic....

For the "90 year old man who cant put in the clutch" Thye should give them a sequential, they are for lazy people. You seem to be forgeting about the people with only one arm :)P) who can only drive auto...if that makes sense. Cna disabled people in the way of one arm even get a liscense?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: ferrari automatic....

Ferrari didn't intend to make the 456 a super fast sports car. Ferrari wanted to make the 456 a luxurious sports car like an Aston Martin. They did a good job if you ask me. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: ferrari automatic....

I agree. The jaguar xkr also has an automatic

9. Re: ferrari automatic....

never thought bout it that way, i like it though

10. Re: ferrari automatic....

Umm, I think all of you are forgeting that the F1 6 speed transmission (paddle shifting) has a lever you can flip to drive the car as an automatic. It is a F1 6 speed manual AND an automatic.

11. Re: ferrari automatic....

The autos are for people just buy the car for the pose-factor and arent really looking to use the performance properly, just want something easy to drive! The F1 box is also over hyped, it has slow reactions the only box for a real performance car is the manual.

12. Re: ferrari automatic....

Well, this is a GT car. It's supposed to exponentiate the luxury, comfort and simplicity of driving one.