Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

Discussion in '1990 Jaguar XJR-15' started by F50_Rulez, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Do you guys think a Ferrari F50 will be able to beat this car?

2. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

yes.F50 has 520HP plus its top speed is higher but i think that this might beat it in a quarter mile.i ain't sure though.

3. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from F50_Rulez</i>
    <b>Do you guys think a Ferrari F50 will be able to beat this car?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->hahahahahahahahaha that is a funny question. Anyone that would actually have the nerve to ask that and are really serious about it should be knocked in the head.

4. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from F50_Rulez</i>
    <b>Do you guys think a Ferrari F50 will be able to beat this car?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Of course yes.
    You'd better compare the F50 to the XJ 220.

5. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

Around a curcuit or a twisty road the XJR-15 would win. Enough said.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

according to jeremy clarkson this car as reviewed by race drivers and his own personal opinion handles like a piece of crap... anyone know the 0-100mph on this?... if its slower than 7.2 seconds then the Ferrari F50 could beat this around a track, It beats it on looks anyways.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

I have to agree that the F50 is a superior car in all but looks. The only top-of-the-line (F40,F50,F60) Ferrari car that looks good is the F40. I'd love to own an F50, but I think the car is, well, not very good looking. I don't want to say ugly, because that would be the F60. The F50 was also built a number of years after the XJR-15.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

would have to agree 15'd beat the 50 round a track...of course it depends whos driving too :¬)

9. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

Of course once again people are forgetting the jag XJR 15 they released w/ the 725bhp 7.0 liter. Those who belive the F50 can beat an XJR 15 are not thinking. The F50 was ferraris attempt @ providing a super expensive Car (not supercar) sure it's got tons of HP, ans some fast straight line times but doesn't handle nearly as well as the jag or even its predecsor the F40, the F40 would have more of a chance but still lose.

Matt

10. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

F50...hands down

11. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

will f-50 be able to beat it??????????????? of course dumbass look at how slow this car is compared to the f-50 !!!!!!!!!!xjr-15 could never beat the f-50 the f-50 will kick its ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!are you a 2 year old coz saying 'could f-50 beat this car' is just stupid retard

12. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

Dude I know it's your opinon and all,but ARE YOU ON CRACK the F50
    looks way better than this,f40 and of course the f60/Enzo although the enzo is a superior car,lol.
    This car(XJ-R15 )is cool but why did they make the hood so rounded or whatever you call that,that's my main beef with this car.
    Any ways the f50 to me is one of the most beautiful Car's of all time
    and the most sexy Ferrari ever,Atleast in my personal opinon n' taste in cars.
    This JAG is cool too but com on man the F50 would win this race!

13. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

I guess you aren't familier with the F50's awesome handling,no rubber bushings in the suspension just like a formula 1 car.
    And that's exactly what the F50 is a F1 car for the road.
    IT was as close as you could get to driving an F1 car on a public
    road until the Enzo comes/came out!
    I have a Video of an F1 being tested on a track and the guy driving it says"I know of no car that handles like this ,nothing"He also
    went on to say that,"even at speeds like this(about 60 mph) The Mclaren F1 would have body roll through the turn,but this car just stays glued to the road"
    Another qoute"To drive at the limit like this and still be safe,you must have balance" and the latter was i beleive by Jay Leno,lol
    So anyways the F50 Rules!

14. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

Ooops I ment to say,the roof of the car not hood,sorry for the confusion eh.

15. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

725bhp 7.0L eh,isn't it kinda underachieving consedering the F50 has
    only 4.7L and 520bhp?
    And what about the Koenig F50 TT would this Jag spank that too,it does have only 830bhp?lol
    But again don't get me wrong,I like this Jag too but come'on man this is an F50 we're talking about here.

16. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

uh, XJR, I hate ferrari, and this car is nicer anyway, who would want an ugly piece of crap like the F50, the F40 is much better than that pile!

17. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

You are an idiot and a liar.
    The F50 is not a "pile", it's one of the greatest cars ever built. It's got everything: acceleration, top speed, looks, excellent braking and F1-like handling. It's also my favorite Ferrari.
    And anybody who says they wouldn't want a Ferrari F50 is a liar. You mean to tell me that if someone hands you the keys to an F50, you wouldn't take them?

18. Re:

NO MATCH- The F50 easily beats this pathetic XJR. British cars are very primitive and have a lot of unexcusable shortcomings. Look at that Jag- 450 bhp from a V12? Now that's really stupid_

19. Re: Re:

I thought the racing tuned models put out over 600bhp?? I love jags but i gotta admit this wasnt really a good effort, perhaps ford pulled in the purse strings during the development as they did with the XJ220 (jaguar had to revert to a V6 instead of designing and building the planned high tech V12 but they still managed to get awesome power out of the V6... better performance than the R15!!) or perhaps the stats are for the detuned road going version... either way it handles like your driving it with a patch of ice permanently under the rear wheels so it won't beat the F50. Its still a beauty though!!

20. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

i personally like the f40 much better than the f50...and in my opinion, ferrari hasnt been able to top the f40...not even the enzo tops it...but thats just my opinion...truth be told, i believe that this will be a close race...but i would have to go with the f50...mainly because the real comparison would be between an f50 and an xj220...that would be much fairer...however, i also believe that the batmobile would blow both of these cars away on a wide open circuit...

21. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

You're really MAD. The F50 is LEGENDARY for it's handling and it sticks like Velcro. Anyone who would compare an F50 to this piece of crap is HELLucinatin.

22. Re: Ferrari F50 vs Jaguar XJR15

You're a stupid retard. The F50 handles much better than the F40. The Enzo is even better.

23. There is a video on youtube from Japan of an XJR15 and a F50 on a straight drag race. F50 wins easily.

Has anyone here ever driven a XJR15? Is the handling as bad as claimed?