Ferrari let off without punishment

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Bugatti4evr, Sep 8, 2010.

1. #26 SL King, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    So Hamilton passed Kovalainen and all the video shows is an excerpt of a post-race comment by Ron Dennis: "All we do is to advise our pilots ... pace with the other driver".
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but there is no proof (yet) that the McLaren team bosses made an order during the race for HK to let LH pass.

You have to admit that Ferrari are pretty stupid in saying, when they know they are being listened to, "Fernando is faster than you, can you confirm you understood that message".

Speaking of Ferrari and team orders:

2. #27 Vladislaus, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    "So Hamilton passed Kovalainen"
    Hamilton didn't passed Kovalainen. Kovalainen let Hamilton through, there's a big difference.

You have to admit that Ferrari are pretty stupid in saying, when they know they are being listened to, "Fernando is faster than you, can you confirm you understood that message".
    This was exactly what McLaren did in 2008. So using your analogy there is also no proof that Ferrari used team orders.

I'm not saying that Ferrari didn't breached the rules, because they did. But they weren't the first to do it and they certainly won't be the last.
    The banning of team orders is stupid. After all they are a team. If FIA wants to ban team orders then what they should do is only allow one car per team.

3. "This was exactly what McLaren did in 2008" - where is the direct proof? (which is what I asked for in the first place)
    Where is the video/audio of them giving the command over the radio during the race?