Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR, Ja

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari F2002' started by CorvetteZO6, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

You'll have to excuse Deathracer, he's been in rehad or a cave or something since Villeneuve won the title in '97 and Stewart was a respectable team. He's somehow missed the facts that BAR is wrought with driver and management turmoil and Jaguar, who bought out Stewart Grand Prix, have produced two bad cars and look to be in line for the hat trick. Hell Steve Nichols "left" the team because the new car has such a cripling fundamental design flaw like extreme lack of downforce on the frony. Admitedly they do seem to be tackling the problem with everything they have, but the fact that they have to focus so hard on one part of the car takes away from the developement of the rest of the car. BAR will be better this year and the drivers seem to be much more happy with the 2002 car, but they will definitely not be in a position to challenge for the championship. A few podiums is probably all they can hope for. Sauber will be the best of the rest again this year. They've kept up with McLaren and Ferrari pretty well in testing and Nick Heidfeld is a VERY fast young man. Now if only Felipe Massa can keep the damn car on the track...It think the race will return to two horses this year: Ferrari and McLaren. Williams might have screwed up by not changing much on their new car while everyone else changed a lot. Word from the drivers is that the new BMW engine is fantastic, but the chassis is too conservative. Gerhard Berger agrees with them and has even said that he's worried since they have not been running very quickly in testing; Sauber has been significantly quicker most of the time and Jordan and Renault are keeping up with them. Whoops...The only thing that i can really see as being a set back for McLaren is the engine. Last year they were down on power because they have a narrow V-angle and the FIA outlawed the use of tungsten alloy metals in the engine (something they were using). This year they're opening up the angle but this could bite them in the ass since major engine changes like that can sometimes kill reliability. We saw that with Renault this year, but i doubt the mercedes will have such dramatic issues. There could definitely be some problems with it though seeing as how Illmor, the company that builds Merc's f1 engines, has fired one of their top brass because of some problems with the unit that he missed during the early design process. Hopefully they can get it sorted out since i want to see Kimi and Coulthard battle with Michael...and maybe Rubens if he gets his head out of his ass. So it looks like Ferrari should take it again since they didn't introduce many of the radical changes that were rumored to have been on the way. So their reliability should be incredible again this year. I predict the Constructor's Championship to go : 1. Ferrari 2. McLaren 3. Williams 4. Sauber 5. Renault 6. BAR 7.Jordan(reliability will kill them)8.Toyota 9. Jaguar 10. Arrows 11. Minardi. The back half could change a lot over the season. Driver's championship: 1. Michael Schumacher (at least 8 wins) 2. Coulthard 3. Montoya 4. Raikonnen 5. Ralf Schumacher 6. Rubens... the rest i have no clue

2. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

Honda ownz

3. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

4. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

I was just a ploy Ferrari is going to Melbounre with the 2002 car. Reliability is on their side.<!-- Signature -->

5. No question about, this year, Ferrari comes into the racing game as strong (if not stronger) as before. With Schumacher the new record holder for the most wins (and he keeps winning), there's no telling how far team Ferrari will go this year. Enter a company with a rich and powerful history, experience and the world's best driver. Tell me, what could possible stop that? McLaren will be a strong competitor, and BAR with Villenvue, might be able to turn some heads as well, but in the end, it will be Ferrari most likely racing down that checkered flag into first place once again.

6. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

I think you speak way too soon, All the cars debuted so far look really good, even the Jaguar/Cossy. I think Ferrari has as good a chance for victory as they did in 2000 and 2001 but not anymore than that, Not that Mclaren now has Raikkonen and a brand new Mercedes V10, not to mention the all new chassis designed by Adrian Newey. I guess we will see who's got what it takes when Melbourne comes around!!

7. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

Wow, INDY cars look so dumb.

8. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

Demate your an ass wipe

anyways. yea man you talk too soon. I think that Mclaren will give Ferrri a good run for its money. but only time will tell. we'll simply have to wait and see. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>No question about, this year, Ferrari comes into the racing game as strong (if not stronger) as before. With Schumacher the new record holder for the most wins (and he keeps winning), there's no telling how far team Ferrari will go this year. Enter a company with a rich and powerful history, experience and the world's best driver. Tell me, what could possible stop that? McLaren will be a strong competitor, and BAR with Villenvue, might be able to turn some heads as well, but in the end, it will be Ferrari most likely racing down that checkered flag into first place once again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Jeese, you really are as dumb as I thought<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

hahahah......ur mad!!!!yeah they might dominate mclaren and williams but certainly not bar and jag!!!take it from me....2002 world champion is gonna be villeneuve or panis.........jags comong in second and sauber's third<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

Like i said, it's possible for anyone to steal the spotlight from Ferrari, but the odds are heavily favored against Ferrari, that's a fact. Maybe that's why i'm speaking too soon, although i don't see how it's impossible that companies like BAR and McLaren won't win. I think though, that McLaren has the best chance of winning out of the remaining rest. Personally, i don't think it will be the year for jaguar. Regarding 911 Turbo and his comment:
    You should never contradict the level of stupidity that you possess. Don't call me dumb because if you don't want to sound dumb yourself, you're not gonna go around insulting others for no reason you #$%#.

12. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

Ferrari will probably dominate again. I don't want them to at all, but I'll admit that they have a very good driver, with a good car for him to drive in.

I still think its going to be the big 3, Ferrari, McLaren and Williams. I say podiums from Sauber, Renault (maybe, depends if Button gets his act together) and Jordan. BAR.. well it all depends on JV, Arrows depends on how well they get the engine working with their chassis, Minardi i'd give another season before they start doing ok, and Toyota i'd also give a season.. possibly less depending on how well they can advance their car. It wouldn't suprise me, with their budget, if they can do it in no time.

13. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

see people i told in the past the in the future Ferrari will come up with some kick ass models.

Congrats to Ferrari and all Ferrari lovers.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

ok Deathracer your an idiot
    you're just really here to talk out your a**. you dont really follow formula1. and for your information jaguar is back to the drawing board and trying to get another new car before the first race.

15. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

Wow, this Ferrari looks really good, so good in fact that I predict team Ferrari will come in second. Who is first, you might ask? This is the year of the Jaguar!

16. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

I really don't even see how Jaguar will make it into the top 5 never mind finishing number 1. Come on people, think logically here. Ferrari with Schumacher are one big giant winning machine.

17. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

Why doesn't anyone give any credit to Williams? Did any of you see how fast those cars were? All they need to do is make the cars (and drivers) a little more reliable... and watch out, they will be the main challenger to Ferrari this year, with McLaren in 3rd.

For those of you who doubt me, I have been watching F1 since I was 4, and I have a good idea as to who will do what each year.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

HOLD ON!! SCHUMI IS NOT THE BEST DRIVER OF ALL TIMES YET, JUAN MANUEL FANGIO FROM ARGENTINA WON 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS AND IS STILL CONSIDER THE GREATEST DRIVER OF TIMES, SCHUMI IS CLOSE. LOOKS LIKE FERRARI RELASED A REALLY GOOD CAR, BUT THAT CLUTCHLESS TRANSMISSION IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT AND FOLLOWING THE PRACTICE RUNS FOR THIS YEAR THERE HAD BEEN REABILITY ISSUES WITH IT. (LIKE EVERY NEW TECHNOLOGY IT NEEDS TIME TO FIX ALL THE BUGS) THAT'S WHY FERRRARI IS THINKING ABOUT USING THE 2001 CAR IN THE BEGINING OF THE SEASON.

WE ARE ABOUT TO SEE ONE OF THE GREATES SEASON IN F1 OF ALL TIMES.

BMW HAS A DEAM GOOD ENGINE AND 2 EXELLENT DRIVERS, JUAN MONTOYA THAT HAS NOT RESPECT FOR ANY DRIVER AND SHOW HIS TALENT IN BRAZIL GRAND PRIX WHEN HE EXECUTED THE OVERTAKING MANUVER OF THE YEAR AND ALSO WON A RACE, HAD 2 SECOND PLACES AND COUPLE OF POLES, ONE OF THE BEST RECORDS FOR A ROOKE (NOT BAD AT ALL) WE HAVE RALPH SCHU. THAT IS CAPABLE OF DRIVING AGAINST ANY ONE, AND ALREADY HAVE LIKE 4 YEARS OF EXPERINCE IN F1, I THINK HIS READY TO FIGHT FOR THE TITLE. THE LAST THINK BMW HAS IN FAVOR IS THE MICHELING TYRES THAT PROOF TO BE THE BEST LAST SEASON. (WATCH FOR THE MATCH BETWEEN JPM AND R.SCHU.)

MCLAREN IMPROVE AERODINAMICS AND HIRED A NEW DRIVER TO BACK UP DAVID COULTHART (JUST LIKE FERRARI DOES WITH BARICHELLO) AND NOW THEY CHOSE MICHELIN TYRES THAT'S AND ADVANTAGE OVER FERRARI.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST. RENAULT, JAGUAR AND BAR TEAMS SET DEADLINES THIS SEASON TO MAKE A DECENT APERANCE OTHERWISE WE'LL MAY SEE SOME PEOPLE GETTING FIRED OR EVEN TEAMS PULLING OUT.

I ALMOST FORGOT. TOYOTA IS THE NEW KID ON THE BLOCK, BEING THE SECOND ONLY TEAM THAT MANUFACTURE IS CHASSIS, ENGINE AND TRANSMISION. A GOOD CHALLENGER TO WATCH.

HOPE YOU ENJOY FROM THE BEST RACING OF THE WORLD...<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>No question about, this year, Ferrari comes into the racing game as strong (if not stronger) as before. With Schumacher the new record holder for the most wins (and he keeps winning), there's no telling how far team Ferrari will go this year. Enter a company with a rich and powerful history, experience and the world's best driver. Tell me, what could possible stop that? McLaren will be a strong competitor, and BAR with Villenvue, might be able to turn some heads as well, but in the end, it will be Ferrari most likely racing down that checkered flag into first place once again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Too soon to tell, we all thought no one, not even MS could beat McLaren a few years back, and look how the tables have turned. It may be sooner or later but Ferrari will be beaten. Nothing in F1 lasts forever, and what goes up must come down!<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

QUOTE -->

Nothing in F1 lasts forever, and what goes up must come down!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Indeed, streaks just don't happen in F1, it is virtually impossible to dominate the sport these days.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

Hey John, i like your visual next to your name. Oh yeah, i think Ferrari will win again this year. Schumacher is racing strong.

22. Re: Ferrari, once again, will dominate not only McLaren, but BAR

Ferrari will not race the F2002 in Australia which would most likely mean that we won't see it in Malaysia or Brazil either. Doh!
    When it does get on the racetrack, look out...