For Japan and Euros Rule....and anyone else at that matter....

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by Big Nix SS, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Re: For Japan and Euros Rule....and anyone else at that matter..

z06 will terminate a countach! are u kidding...and show me where have u seen a twin turbo countach, because countaches stock came with v12s

2. Re: For Japan and Euros Rule....and anyone else at that matter..

hi bbcstachas2

you didn't talk about the vector an all american supercar with a twin turbo 455 oldsmobile v8 or about the last svs viper stryker twin turbo.

regards

426hemistage8

3. #53 bbcstachas2, Aug 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: For Japan and Euros Rule....and anyone else at that matter..

THAT BUT KKKMAN IF YOU WANNA SEE WERE I SAW THE LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH TWIN TURBO GO TO www.lambocars.com THEN MOVE IN TO THE SITE LOOK AT COUNTACH LINE UP. A VECTOR WAS AMERICAS ANWSER TO LAMBO BUT GOT INTO A REALLY BAD LAWSUTE! THUS ENDING VECTOR.

4. Re: For Japan and Euros Rule....and anyone else at that matter..

you don't need to use caps when writing.the twin turbo lambo wsn't tested vector is alive again do a search in american cars forum and you will see.

5. Re: For Japan and Euros Rule....and anyone else at that matter..

Ok ok. there were only a hand full of twin turbo lambo countachs out there. keep in mind that some were faster than others.

6. Re: For Japan and Euros Rule....and anyone else at that matter..

I saw the site and looked at the Twin turbo Countach LP500! Its slow man,.. it said the Twin Turbo made it go from 0-60 from 5.9 to 4.8! Thats still so slow, a Cobra does faster(4.7) and a Z06 does 3.9!!! Thats why I keep saying that american cars are So awsome!! and also DOnt say because the countach is old, and for its time it was fast because a Shleby Cobra of 1966 did a 0-60 in the low 4s..NOW THATS IMPRESSIVE!!!!

and BTW this is the new username of "KKKMAN", beacuse I was banned recently(I think its because I kept saying that skylines suck)

7. Re: For Japan and Euros Rule....and anyone else at that matter..

ALso I filled up the entire 1999 Skyline R34 page like this

say there are 9 topics

all of the last posts were by me! can that also be a reason?

8. Re: For Japan and Euros Rule....and anyone else at that matter..

So what if it cannot do 0-60 in the low 4s it still beats them both in topspeed. It beats both at the track and the cobra wouldnt stand much of a chance why? its more heavy than the countach. That countach still owns every muscle car like it or not. god your funny.

9. Where are U gonna go Top speed?! are U driving from LA to Vegas every weekend?? I think acceleration is way more important than Top speed, just like Torque is more important than HP, It all depends what ure using the car for, and for me Acceleration is more important!

10. Topspeed basicly tells you how powerful the car is overall. acceleration only matters in dragracing.

11. Topspeed is no go if it takes 10 min to get up to it. I got an 86 camaro with a 355 smallblock making 800HP naturally aspirated. It will run low 10s all day long and has a topspeed of 209MPH with a 5spd and i used to drive it every day till i got my new truck so instead of talking about all these car you cant afford and go build one that would blow a lamborghini or Ferrari out of the water.

12. So now that we have gone from discussing japanese cars we move to European. Oh well, I guess I'll share my opinion. Personally, I don't like japanese cars because they are generic and boring. I drive a 1975 Chevy Nova w/ the 350 and a flowmaster and I would never trade it in for some boring car. Now European cars aren't my favorite either, but I would take one over a japanese car anyday. But then we get into lamborghinis and ferraris which is useless to us average joes who can't afford them. I think it all comes down to how fast you can get your car on the least amount of money. American cars are the best at this. They give quality materials, reliable build quality, and fast speeds, for very fair amounts of money.

Keep bragging about your tt lambos but you'll never even see one let alone drive/own one.

13. stock yeah... but no ur wrong cause u werent specific

14. ... yeah man... i agree...

15. For actual engine efficiency, V-8s are better than 4 cylinders.

One cylinder fires for each 90 degrees of rotation of the crankshaft on a V-8. This makes the power pulses of a v-8 much smoother than the power pulses of a 4 cylinder. One cylinder fires for each 180 degrees of crankshaft rotation on a 4 cylinder.

The reason for V-8s being more inefficient than 4 cylinders is the fact that the cylinders fire twice as quickly as in a 4 cylinder.

As for HANDLING... that all depends STRICTLY on chassis and suspension. Period. Weight does not matter AS MUCH as HOW IT IS DISTRIBUTED.

A twin turbo Honda has a weight distribution of 67 front, 33 rear. Making it more unstable than a Camaro with a weight distribution of 51 front, 49 rear.

16. For actual engine efficiency, V-8s are better than 4 cylinders.

One cylinder fires for each 90 degrees of rotation of the crankshaft on a V-8. This makes the power pulses of a v-8 much smoother than the power pulses of a 4 cylinder. One cylinder fires for each 180 degrees of crankshaft rotation on a 4 cylinder.

The reason for V-8s being more inefficient than 4 cylinders is the fact that the cylinders fire twice as quickly as in a 4 cylinder.

As for HANDLING... that all depends STRICTLY on chassis and suspension. Period. Weight does not matter AS MUCH as HOW IT IS DISTRIBUTED.

A twin turbo Honda has a weight distribution of 67 front, 33 rear. Making it more unstable than a Camaro with a weight distribution of 51 front, 49 rear.