Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

Discussion in '2000 Noble M12 GTO' started by Vinceris, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Has anyone noticed that this car has the same engine as the Mercury Cougar V6?

2. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

Yea, but this version kicks ass, the engine is also in the ford contour( and the SVT).

3. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

its actually a ford mondeo engine with twin turbo chargers added and some other tweaks, it is so quick as it weighs so little and with a 310bhp engine it must go some

4. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

It is a Ford duratec v6 with garett turbos. Has anyone seen the top gear on this? It is one of the best handling cars around according to Tiff.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

werqwrewqrewqwwrwqerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vanquish</i>
    <b>Its acctaully a Noble made engine. Made by Lee Noble, designer of the Mclaren F1 and Ascari ecosse.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Where the hell do you idiots come up with this crap?

Noble didn't do anything to this engine but slap turbo chargers on it.

Its a 2.5 liter Ford Duratec V-6. The same engine found in the Contour/Mystique/Mondeo/Cougar.

And the same engine but in a 3.0 liter form is found in the Taurus, Sable, Jaguar S-Type, Lincoln LS, Escape, and Tribute.

Spyder757

7. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

I must say that this is a nice car. But I still like the Ultima better. It allows for a much larger displacement engine and larger tires. The Can-Am also lighter weighing in at 2000lbs. As an everyday driver the Noble is more practical thou.

<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

The Ultima is more of an extreme machine so can't be directly compared <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

I am sure Lee Noble did not design the McLaren F1. He designed the Ultima, which was used in the development of the F1, but he was not involved in any way in the actuall development.

10. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

Yep I've seen it (have in on the PC).

And Tiff would know.

If only these were sold in Australia...

.. and I could afford one.

P.S. Tiff's the man.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

I'd get your facts right first Spyder757!

Noble do modify the engine, but it's not Lee Noble, it's John Noble Motorsports. And they do a little more than just put two T25s on. They modify cylinder linings, valves, polish the head and change the flywheel and adjust the ECU mappings, amongst other things.

12. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

This guy is so wrong, just like everybody here knows it's a ford with 2 turbo's. He is even telling people he owns one of these cars. Something i don't understand, why are people on this site telling that they have a supercar and make themselfs look like d!ckheads by don't even knowing everything about that car!
    I hate those little kids! If they had a supercar and like to brag about it here i have no problem with them, but just put a picture on it to so we know you are real and we can ask you some questions about the car.

13. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

The Ford Duratec V6 hasn't been messed with dramatically, with most of the work on the internals consisting of strengthening the components. Then of course they added those two turbos.

14. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

o crap

15. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

Actually its Ford Mondeo's engine.
    i got the info from a german auto motorsports channel.

16. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

I dislikee this car because of it's engine,I hate ford!

17. Re: Ford Duratec 2.5 L engine?

well ur a twat cause this ford engine powered car would kick the crap out of that crap f-50

18. Re:

I thought that Gordon Murray designed the F1.