Ford GT goes 212mph.

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by Damestic89, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Precisely. One would be hard-pressed to find a "pure" American/German/British/etc car anymore. Score two for the GT (and none for the Corvette) in JC's book.

2. But the body was designed in America/ tested in America by Kar Kraft. Didn't the English just maintain and rebuild the cars?

3. The GT40 was originally a result of Ford's Advanced Vehicles division (Slough, UK), John Wyer (Aston Martin-Lagonda; UK), and Eric Broadley (Lola; UK) upon whose Lola GT the GT40 was based. It was sent to Kar Kraft in Michigan for final detail and development, but also spent some time testing at MIRA (UK).

4. But it was designed in America when Ferrari didnt accept Fords offer to partner up,but the cars where made at Slough, so what would if be classified under. I need to re-read my GT40 book again.

5. But it was designed in America when Ferrari didnt accept Fords offer to partner up,but the cars where made at Slough, so what would if be classified under. I need to re-read my GT40 book again.

6. But it was designed in America when Ferrari didnt accept Fords offer to partner up,but the cars where made at Slough, so what would if be classified under. I need to re-read my GT40 book again.

7. whatever arguments where the GT40 is from though, the book is pretty much closed in 67 when a brand new car was used and still won Le Mans....

8. #108 Guibo, Sep 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016