Forgotten Cars

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tree Fitty, Jan 21, 2018.

1. I hadn't come across the Syclone in years and thought I'd post some cars nobody really talks about

Specs:
    Turbo AWD V6
    Horsepower 280 hp @ 4400 rpm
    Torque 350 ft-lbs. @ 3600 rpm
    0-60 4.6
    1/4 13.4

About the same curb weight as a modern WRX STI and similar performance numbers. Was also available as an SUV. Pretty interesting turbo sports truck that has largely been forgotten

GMC Syclone/Typhoon
    Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 8.11.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 8.11.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 8.12.04 AM.png

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cannot tell you how dissapointed i was as a kid to find out this was actually a pretty shitty car

426 Hemistage 8 likes this.
  3. Saw an MR2 Spyder yesterday. Hadn't seen one in ages

4. [​IMG]
    Mitsubishi/Chrysler Scorpion - Australias first turbo produced car.

[​IMG]
    Holden Piazza

[​IMG]
    Honda CRX - they used to be everywhere. I never see them now.

[​IMG]
    Holden Camira - they all be broken down now, surely.

Tree Fitty likes this.
  5. My brother owned one of the rare Typhoons to make it to Canada. Such a cool vehicle and what a sleeper.

I once heard a rumor that at the time they cancelled the Syclone/Typhoon and the Fiero GTs because they were getting too close the the Camaro and Corvette performance wise and they got scared they would cannibalize sales of their flagship cars.

6. @Aych Es Vee That Piazza reminds me a bit of an SVX.

And @ETB4U , I always told myself that if I won the lotto, I would totally restomod, or whatever you call it, an IROC like that. Purple with some dope BBS or HRE or whatevers, maybe make em gold or bronze, totally clean as **** and fUckin' T-Top'd out.

SEABEE likes this.
  7. You don't see a lot of Honda S2000's these days. A new generation would be great.

8. Camaro IROC Z is one of few cars I remember reading newspaper articles as a kid. Apparently launched -85 which means I've been about 8-9 years old reading about it. :)

9. Forgotten and/or cars that were quite popular and memorable but you simply do not see them around anymore.

Mazda MX-3 - my mom dated a guy who had one of these when I was in my early teans. I rembemer it being a zippy, fun little car. I also remember the terrible ingress/egress for back seat passengers and how it shocked the absolute shit out of me all the time.
    Dodge Stealth - yes, we all know it's the sibling to the 3000GT, but I still see a 3000GT here or there, but never a Stealth. I don't think that goofy deck spoiler helped
    Saturn Sky - I actually wanted one of these for a time. Glad I didn't get it; they must've been terrible judging by the quick, quiet death it died soon after.
    Maserati MC12 - like the Stealth, everyone only remembers the Enzo. I don't think I've ever actually seen one of these before.
    Mistubishi Starion - one of my first car crushes. There's just something great about its dimensions, proportions, the sharp lines. Shame there aren't more of these floating around
    VW Corrado G60 - everyone I knew wanted one of these. Where are they all now?

10. Loved this and the Isuzu Impulse. "Handling by Lotus".

11. I liked these too. Only VW that would want to own.
    Also;
    [​IMG]
    And these weren't sold in the US, but I've always wanted both:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

426 Hemistage 8 and Tree Fitty like this.
  12. Just googled the impulse. That wasnt released here.... I want one!

13. Yesssss! I watched Tiff flog a Carlton after posting in this thread yesterday.

14. Some supercars were only ever known to obsessed teenagers like we used to be. So they aren't exactly "forgotten" per se. Or maybe they were forgotten since birth. But anyway that list is actually quite long (Dauer 962LM, Cizeta V16T, all of TVR).

15. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mega Track - easy to be forgotten when only maybe a dozen were ever made.

16. Audi V8.

[​IMG]

Won DTM in 1990 and 1991
    [​IMG]

426 Hemistage 8 likes this.
  17. Apparently only 5 and 2 are still at the company headquarters

18. Have those late 90s Chrysler 300Ms disintegrated by now?

How about the legendary mid 90s Cavaliers? See plenty of Corollas and Civics but no Cavs

disord3r likes this.
  19. Here, i can see loads of Cavaliers. Corollas and Civics, not so much.

20. And the Magnums...

21. Magnums are everywhere here. Especially the V6 AWD models. And they are so cheap to buy.

Decently reliable cheap family vehicle for all the welfare families here. And old dodge Caravans