FTO VS SUPRA

Discussion in '1997 Mitsubishi FTO' started by tvr rules, Aug 10, 2002.

1. THIS WOULD BE A GOOD FIGHT

2. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

You must be referring to the naturally-aspirated variant (or at least I hope)...<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

if you arent talking about the NA supra then you must be crazy, i mean seriously a twin turbo supra would #$%#in destroy this

4. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

As much as I like the FTO, the truth is this car can't compete against the supra, they're not in the same league. It's unfair to pit these two against each other, this car is on the same class as the celica, and eclipse<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

hey Evofruit... A TTsupra would kill about anything any tard knows that. anywho mine would tear the shit out of a nonturbo and i would most deffinatly trash a lancer...:p<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

SUPRA VS VIPER is a better fight.They both suck because they spin out easly.

7. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

wow this is one of the dumbest threads i've seen in a while
    <!-- Signature -->

8. #8 ICEBLEU, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: FTO VS SUPRA

This must be a joke topic because there would be no chance for this FF(front engine front wheel drive) car.
    http://www.icebleu.tk

9. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

Please, don't even start comparing.
    I've been in both, and here in NZ, the Supra would thrash the arse off just about any car, except maybe a GTR.....if both were stock of course.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

Please get a grip. There's no way an FTO could keep up to a Supra TT and even if we were talking about a NA Supra, they still make about 220hp! The only thing is that the FTO is lighter, it would have alright startup accel, but the Supra would take it in the stretch. I think the FTO is still not boad for it's class, against Integras and Celicas.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

This would not be a good fight!!! The Supra looks better, handles better, and is faster. It is much better in all aspects.

12. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

Better if you say Supra vs. Mitsubishi GTO, now tell me what would win. :D<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

Better if you say Supra vs. Mitsubishi GTO, now tell me what would win. :D<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

15. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

16. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

Yeah it also depends on weather conditions, surface etc.

17. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

This topic changes every two seconds!! The Supra would win against the GTO too.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

no it wouldn't be a good fight, it would be a good fight between a supra and a rx7 or a fto and a v-tec prelude, but supra against a fto is a waste of time

19. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

Too true.

20. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

hmn.. well... first things first, the fto isnt a transverse v6 its a 4 cyl mivec engine, front wheel drive, light car. its actually almost the same as an eclipse but with a lighter flywheel and a diff ECU and a slightly different body style (so close to each other that u need to look twice sometimes) ive seen FTO's beat eclipses and ive seen eclipses beat FTO's, its all down to the driver really..personally i like the slightly quicker accel of the fto, and it has some more torque down low (good for my driving style)

21. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

The FTO costs MUCH MUCH less than a Supra. Its designed as a sporty little car for thrashing around in, not a performance flagship like the supra. You have to compare like with like. Both a great cars. And people saying that the FTO is shit because its not a supra - go and find a better car for 6,000 bucks (second hand '96 FTOs sell for that here)

22. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

Ive driven both cars around race courses. And if the track really had a lot of sharp turns the FTO would dominate. The high power and FR of the Supra would cause it to spin out very easily. Especially for inexperinced Drivers.

23. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

Perhaps in Gran Turismo. Rear Wheel drive is the way proper sports cars are driven. Sure you are more likely to spin in an FR, but the understeer of an FF makes it undesirable to have that configuration when driving around a circuit.

24. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

You mean you've driven them both around a track in Gran Turismo.

FWD has a horrible tendancy to push while taking theses sharp corners you brag about while a RWD car slides the back end around them.

Spyder757

25. Re: FTO VS SUPRA

No I mean at Portland Int'l Raceway in the 1998 SCCA Championship, wiseass.