Further proving that MB has no idea how to build cars.

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG' started by ekliptikz, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Further proving that MB has no idea how to build cars.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from lotus87</i>
    <b>Can not compete with the likes of Jaguar, Audi, and BMW.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

true true cannot find a mercades stock that wud beat a bmw m3 which by the way is a v6 kinda sad considerin all of mercades is v8 haha<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Further proving that MB has no idea how to build cars.

"true true cannot find a mercades stock that wud beat a bmw m3 which by the way is a v6 kinda sad considerin all of mercades is v8 haha "

SLK32 AMG, wow, that was hard to find...
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Further proving that MB has no idea how to build cars.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hakkola</i>
    <b>"true true cannot find a mercades stock that wud beat a bmw m3 which by the way is a v6 kinda sad considerin all of mercades is v8 haha "

SLK32 AMG, wow, that was hard to find...
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

As much as I like the SLK 32 AMG, (and I don't even like Mercedes) it still doesn't beat M3. Its good and all but still not as fast. The thing though that I makes me mad about Mercedes is when they put the exact same engine into 2 completely different cars. The C 32 AMG and the SLK 32 AMG have the same engine. Thats just being lazy. Even Mercedes fans have to admit that. Also I dislike the how they are supercharged, but thats just me.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Further proving that MB has no idea how to build cars.

i kind of agree with the person becaue i prefer audi and bmw over mercedes but its only because mercedes has automatic in all of their cars. howver, they do build good cars. bentley cost way too much (i still like em though) but uh i believe more people can afford this than bentleys, rolls royces, or aston martins. the jaguar xj220 had bad handling. see what its concept was and see what's its reality waz and you wont say the same thing about jaguar xj220's being godly. the mclaren is now being duplicated (same specs everthing believe me i checked) for about 200k so eat it. lastly i'd like to say that mercedes is capable of building a performance oriented car, but you have to remember that mainly all high priced cars are (old peoples cars) in your terms becasue only old people have enough money to purchase them in general. dont believe that mercedes can build an awesome car oriented only in performacne.

mercedes benz clk-gtr (we should know these two)
    mercedes benz clr
    mercedes benz clk-gtx (7 liter v12 700 hp...VERY FAST)
    mercedes benz clk race car (900 hp i dunno engine)

5. Re: Further proving that MB has no idea how to build cars.

Mercedes Benz is terrible! That's why nobody buys their cars! You idiot! They dont know how to build cars!? What are you talking about? If you have ever driven in a CL500 or S600 you would never say that! And what do you mean can't compete? My neighbor has an XKR and it's a nice car, but a CLK55AMG....damn. If you have been in one you'll understand.