Give it a rest.

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by Lngnfltr, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Does anyone know where there is one topic that isn't full of crap, or domestic vs. asian. Come on. 75% of the stuff you all say to each other is garbage. Before you all say stuff, look things up. Do some research. Please, if you think that what you say is in question, look it up, or shut up. All most of u say is american cars can't handle, jap cars have to have turboes, blah blah blah. I agree with more of the american side, but some on the jap side. Every country makes good cars. A car isn't only about speed. If u think it is, then shut up. It's about passion and heritage, like 50 years of corvette, or a hand built nsx. No one can say this is the best car, there are always better cars. Not only in speed. Like a ferrari, most people buy them for speed, but also because it's a ferrari. Geeze, chill out. I saw on t.v. that in England and some other countries corvettes are like ferrari's to us. Maybe not so in some of your minds, but in some it is. Whatever. This car is cool though. The only thing i hate is civics with only 5 in. mufflers trying to race around town everywhere.

2. Re: Give it a rest.

Yes I believe it is a global understanding that many hate Civics or for that matter Honda try hards.

Its same over here in Australia. You get alot of those kinds, and personally their not my favourate kind of people. Although in Japan they do make worthy Civic Type R's.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Give it a rest.

just because u dont like civics having 5in mufflers doesnt mean there not fast and well handling they have a civic that runs 10 sec 1/4 n/a

4. Re: Give it a rest.

i dont see what's wrong with owning a civic.
    people hot rod what's popular, cheap, and has the most parts available, and what's trendy.

in the 60's people had pony/muslce cars. most of these cars were essentially repackaged economy cars sharing hte same chassis and many times the same engine but offered in more aggressive stance. the american muslce scene pioneered crayz paint jobs spoilers big wheels and body kits. the same thing occurs today.

i see something wrong with saying its the best car in the world.

not everyone can afford cars like this. the vast majority of the gimmicks you see sold on the import market for hondas is for the DSM market. honda hardly dominates the import market in japan.

i do not drive a civic.

5. Re: Give it a rest.

People need to stop saying what the best car is and what the worst car is. Not everyon can afford a car nicer than a Civic. Such as my self. I have a '94 Civic. It has a dual tip 3 1/2" full cat back exhaust, which I put on at the same time as my body kit, rims, and lower stance. I am currently saving for an intake and headers. Now, I can understand where you might be annoyed by the retards who drive their Civics like they're the fastest cars on the road, but there are Civic drivers such as my self who know their place. Well that's all I have to say. By the way...if any one has an opinion as to what else I should put on my car, feel free to share your opinion. lata

6. #6 Datsun240Z, Aug 12, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Give it a rest.

STiWRX, 3.5in full piping? DUAL? That, my friend, is major overkill for a space shuttle. Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

And yea, a lot of people say that Japanese cars rely on forced induction to make their cars fast. To a point, that's true. But look at the differences. An American 8 liter V10 with a single turbo on it can make what? 550-625 horsepower? That's great and all, yea. I wouldn't turn it down if it were given to me. But what about a Japanese 2.0l four banger? I've seen Silvia's that put out the same amount of horsepower as that single-turbo Viper. Let's do a little math. Honda S2000 engine efficiency is rated at 120HP/liter. Viper engine efficiency is rated at 75HP/liter or so (Not sure so don't bite my head off). See what I mean? Given the same 8.0l Viper engine, I believe Honda could easily squeeze nearly 1000 or some HP out of it. It's just a matter of engineering. And then you have a 2.8l V6 from Japan that puts out 800 or so horsepower and can probably put out 1200 without breaking a sweat. Sure, they're turbo'd, but usually American supercar engines can't take the stress put on them from the same turbochargers that are on these Japanese supercars. Difference? Quality. You might have a stock Viper that can go fast, but you'll never make it go much faster using simple turbochargers. But Civics, even, have strong enough engines to take them to well over 250 HP with just turbos. That's a good double what they normally put out. Heh, if you tried to get 1000 HP from a Viper with a turbo, you'd blow yourself to Mars.

In conclusion, I have my respect for both American and Japanese cars. But in the end I'd rather bet my money on a Skyline winning a race than a Viper, a Ferrari, or basically any other car made anywhere else in the world. and if you go to http://www.houston-imports.com , you can watch a quick video of a Civic beating a Viper in a 1/4-mile race. Enjoy!

7. Re: Give it a rest.

i like cars in general. i dont really distinguish between jap euro or maerican. i believe each has their good cars. i have a tendency to lean towards japanese and european cars, but american cars aren't that bad.

it makes no sense to compare a SINGLE turbo viper to a single turbo jap engine. most japanese engines use inline engines, so they have one bank of cylinders. one bank of cylinder equates the use of one turbocharger. while its not impossible to use a SINGLE turbo on a V engine, its still a detriment. a twin turbo system on a car with two cylinder banks is basically teh same as a inline engine with a single turbocharger. and a viper cna make around 800 horsepower with a twin turbo at around 8 psi of boost. the viper has been tuned to about hte mid 700 without any form of forced induction.

in addition the comparison with the s2000 is rather absurd. a smaller engine is easier to rev high. its pretty obvious isn't it. this would be like saying the new civic SI with its all new i-VTEC is crap becuase its hp/L isn't as high as the previous civic SI which gets 100 hp/L.

american cars tend to have lower efficiency i think becuase the leaders of their companies are idiots and are too shortsighted nad just plain idiots. american cars tend to focus on brute power rahter than finesse and since they use old technology, their high power cars are rather cheap.

in addition hp/L is not the only way to measure thermodynamic efficiency. it USUALLY gives a good picture, but not always. the viper doesn't come close to 80hp/L its more like 60 hp/L. for example the old GT40 which is a killer ameican car) which is by the way over 40 years old gets the same hpL as the honda nsx. are yo uteling me they have the same efficiency?

8. Re: Give it a rest.

yo i dont know all of you are bitching about because i know that sometime or another most of you have driven or even owned a japanese car of some kind. you may even be wanting cars that are japanese and you dont even know it or if you do, you just dont wanna admit it. remember cars like lexus, infiniti, and acura are all more expensive north american divised japanese cars. so sit down and except that every car can do better than every other car out there, it just takes the right amount of tuning. holla at yall next time, one.

9. Re: Give it a rest.

right on. people that know nothing about other countries' vehicles make for poor conversation and generaate teh idiotic comments in these forums.

10. Re: Give it a rest.

hold up how you gonna just say all that good shit which i do agree wit, then end it on a sour note with "the only thing i hate is civics with only 5 in. mufflers trying to race around town everywhere."im sorry buddy but youre a #$%#ing hypocrite. thats the same shit i was just taking about. you claim that no one car say this is the best car but yet you are degrading another car to get your point across. you claim to like cars but i see that you are just one of those little shitheads who dont like to see what in your mind doesnt look good. so what if a person has his civic with a 5 in. pipe and wants to race around town, thats how you get to know what your car can do and how you can make it even better. to the people wit their tricked out civics i say more power to you for making a once slow everyday car into better looking fast street racing machine. thats all folks.

11. Re: Give it a rest.

hold up how you gonna just say all that good shit which i do agree wit, then end it on a sour note with "the only thing i hate is civics with only 5 in. mufflers trying to race around town everywhere."im sorry buddy but youre a #$%#ing hypocrite. thats the same shit i was just taking about. you claim that no one car say this is the best car but yet you are degrading another car to get your point across. you claim to like cars but i see that you are just one of those little shitheads who dont like to see what in your mind doesnt look good. so what if a person has his civic with a 5 in. pipe and wants to race around town, thats how you get to know what your car can do and how you can make it even better. to the people wit their tricked out civics i say more power to you for making a once slow everyday car into better looking fast street racing machine. thats all folks.

12. Re: Give it a rest.

Dual 3.5's would make a civic lose HP.

A Chevy LS1 has put out 1400 NA HP. Vipers have made 1000 turbo HP. You didn't know how many backyard 5.0/5.7/7.9 liter engines output well into the 700+ hp range, go to the track and ask around.

If that viper-civic video is at night and looks like a street race, then it was probably at Brittmore Business Park off of Hwy. 290. And the viper ran about a 14 give or take a 1/2 second judging by the finish line.