Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by F1LM My Car, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

", they were largely 80's cars. Let me say that the 80s were the absolute worst decade ever for cars" Mid-90's Dodges had inherent Transmission problems....5 years down the road, you're guaranteed to need a new transmission; that is IF you EVER make it back to civilization.

"1996 Ford Probe GT: My daily driver. (not a true ford, Mazda powertrain)The engine and transmission have been absolutley solid but the auxillery systems have given me hell. AC pump went out, blown cv joints, and a bad sensor (that costs $500 to replace but i can get around it by disconeting the battery) This on a car with 76k on. *overall* Marginal quality"

Actually it is a true Ford, it's Mazda designed (conceptually), Ford built, just like the Viper is Lamborghini designed and Dodge built. And they're deplorable for reliability, especially the engines. Just ask two friends of mine who both have (or maybe had, they may have gotten rid of them) Ford Probes (one a Twin Turbo, which put out a weak 140 hp for a V6 2.5 litre Twin Turbo) with blown engines. The one who owned the Twin Turbo model is a female who goes incredibly easy on cars, she wouldn't even let me go above the speed limit in it one evening when I was DD and driving her home in her car once.

BTW - I notice you've never had an import (aside from the BMW, which, knowing you, you're obviously going to say something good, but will also say something bad so that no one thinks that a BMW would be as good as a North American car). Which, leads me to wonder whether the reason you're always accusing people of being biased, or "not knowing they don't know", or blindly anti-North American, is perhaps because you, are paranoid over yourself having all those flaws, that you think you see the same in others. y'know, "people always hate in others, what they see of themselves". Hmmm....perhaps that's where all the hatred comes from.

2. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

", they were largely 80's cars. Let me say that the 80s were the absolute worst decade ever for cars" Mid-90's Dodges had inherent Transmission problems....5 years down the road, you're guaranteed to need a new transmission; that is IF you EVER make it back to civilization.

"1996 Ford Probe GT: My daily driver. (not a true ford, Mazda powertrain)The engine and transmission have been absolutley solid but the auxillery systems have given me hell. AC pump went out, blown cv joints, and a bad sensor (that costs $500 to replace but i can get around it by disconeting the battery) This on a car with 76k on. *overall* Marginal quality"

Actually it is a true Ford, it's Mazda designed (conceptually), Ford built, just like the Viper is Lamborghini designed and Dodge built. And they're deplorable for reliability, especially the engines. Just ask two friends of mine who both have (or maybe had, they may have gotten rid of them) Ford Probes (one a Twin Turbo, which put out a weak 140 hp for a V6 2.5 litre Twin Turbo) with blown engines. The one who owned the Twin Turbo model is a female who goes incredibly easy on cars, she wouldn't even let me go above the speed limit in it one evening when I was DD and driving her home in her car once.

BTW - I notice you've never had an import (aside from the BMW, which, knowing you, you're obviously going to say something good, but will also say something bad so that no one thinks that a BMW would be as good as a North American car). Which, leads me to wonder whether the reason you're always accusing people of being biased, or "not knowing they don't know", or blindly anti-North American, is perhaps because you, are paranoid over yourself having all those flaws, that you think you see the same in others. y'know, "people always hate in others, what they see of themselves". Hmmm....perhaps that's where all the hatred comes from.

3. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

4. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Actually it is a true Ford, it's Mazda designed (conceptually), Ford built, just like the Viper is Lamborghini designed and Dodge built. And they're deplorable for reliability, especially the engines. Just ask two friends of mine who both have (or maybe had, they may have gotten rid of themsince I last went home) Ford Probes (one a Twin Turbo, which put out a weak 140 hp for a V6 2.5 litre Twin Turbo) with blown engines. The one who owned the Twin Turbo model is a female who goes incredibly easy on cars, she wouldn't even let me go above the speed limit in it one evening when I was DD and driving her home in her car once, yet the engine still blew, how pathetic.

5. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Ahhh so that's the excuse you're going to try to play up huh? well, here are some 90's North American cars that sucked as well, Cavaliers were shite, so were Festivas, early 90's Mustangs, firefly, NEONS (terrible terrible cars, until 2000), Grand am, bonneville, Ford Probe, Thunderbird, Sonoma (hmmm...that strikes kinda close to the Typhoon - they're both GMC trucks), Stealth (though the RT was alright), Oh, and I dunno enough about how crappy the 90's Camaro's and TA's were, but they were definitely hideous, and a number of others.

Actually it is a true Ford, it's Mazda designed (conceptually), Ford built, just like the Viper is Lamborghini designed and Dodge built. And they're deplorable for reliability, especially the engines. Just ask two friends of mine who both have (or maybe had, they may have gotten rid of themsince I last went home) Ford Probes (one a Twin Turbo, which put out a weak 140 hp for a V6 2.5 litre Twin Turbo) with blown engines. The one who owned the Twin Turbo model is a female who goes incredibly easy on cars, she wouldn't even let me go above the speed limit in it one evening when I was DD and driving her home in her car once, yet the engine still blew, how pathetic.

6. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Dude, I don't think I've come across a Civic yet that wasn't that reliable at 285,000.

My sister's Cavalier Z24 (which, I have to admit, she got an awesome deal on) is having serious issues after just 162,000km, and that's one of the more reliable Chevrolets (according to Edmunds, Carpoint, Carfax, and many many consumer reports).

Yes, GM's must be SOOOO good that to have one that has problems, must mean that someone took a crowbar to it or something like that the moment they got it off the lot right?

Blind patriotic faith.........ya gotta love it.

You do know that GM's quality control only has about 73% of its cars roll off the production line without any defects whatsoever, right?

7. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Yup, no thanks to you. Coz NSX is for rich people, not for no money people.

8. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

9. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

First of all, I think you know shit, "Theres to many of them out there and they get very #$%#ing boring." Yah, too many of them! and you are shit right. Popular singers got lot of friends too, so according to you, to many, are too boring? Sucker! too many mean POPULAR, dumbass. Which junior high you got to, no brain? So many people drive Honda Civic, because..., darn, didn't you read the post above you? or you really no brain ignore people post? have no respect at all? want some Kelly Clarkson's Respect? Honda rulez and BMWMPower1 said it right, "Relieable, fuel economy, uer-friendly, cheap to own" Because Honda car is good, Five Stars, like those popular singers, Five Stars, that why so many of them on the street, boring is those whose cannot accept the fact, still babbling like a baby. You don't like it, don't shit around, shit to yourself!

10. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Hey guys you know what, Acura makes better. I don't mean Honda sucks, but here is the theory: Honda + More Money(you pay) = Acura

11. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

"1.)First of all, if you're not a r*cer then how come you always talk about how your honda outlasted some domestic???"

Because it probably did, and he probably likes Hondas more as a result, that doesn't make him a rycer.

"2.) Next, im not trying to say that all domestics will outlast any import. I'm not one of those guys who say "Imports are better than domestics" or "domestics are better than imports"."

Overall imports have better quality control than Domestics. Import engines generally last much better than domestic engines. There are much fewer recalls with imports than domestics, which is good cause it means they get it right the first time.

12. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Hondas are not by any means shitty, when used exactly as intended. When i see kids with they're ryced out civics, that is NOT what they were intended for. If its a Si, or Type R (soon to be available in the US) THOSE are meant for a little more power, not exactly break neck fast, but more on the "fun to drive" scale, they're excellent for their price. They're for kids who havent got a lot of cash, but want something FUN. As long as a honda is used for what it was built for, its a great car. And YES as far as reliability?? I personally KNOW somebody, YES, PERSONALLY, they're 80's (not sure the year) Accord, its got ONE MILLION, i REPEAT ONE MILLION MILES ON IT!!! OK dont know them PERSONALLY but i know someone PERSONALLY who knows THEM personally, and actually, i believe a museum BOUGHT the car from her, for a very good deal, she could take the money and buy TWO BRAND NEW ACCORDS for whatever they gave her (i heard), so she sold it to a museum as the accord with the most ever miles, and it ran, all the one million miles. Didnt' really believe it till i heard that story, honda makes some damn rugged cars, that will out last anything ive heard of so far. Props on that. However im not a honda person, just how i was raised etc, its not ever going to be enough to make me buy one... im too much into the american pride, no matter how much anybody may think its stupid, its how i grew up, going to classic american car shows since i was five years old.

But between a Honda Civic DX used to get groceries and running errands, or an NSX-R on a track, both are used exactly as intended, and both do them very well. Hondas are made with quality.

13. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Props to you for this.

I must admit though, while their engines are incredibly durable, and can be run for extended periods at the redline in harsh (hot, dusty, etc.) conditions with no loss in engine performance, and no damage whatsoever. The drivetrains are lacking a bit in the durability department, even if they do deliver power well, and offer great handling on pavement, the drivetrain leaves something to be desired for such racing conditions as rally/off-road.

14. #64 beliveinfiction, Jan 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

“Ahhh so that's the excuse you're going to try to play up huh? well, here are some 90's North American cars that sucked as well, Cavaliers were shite, so were Festivas, early 90's Mustangs, firefly, NEONS (terrible terrible cars, until 2000), Grand am, bonneville, Ford Probe, Thunderbird, Sonoma (hmmm...that strikes kinda close to the Typhoon - they're both GMC trucks), Stealth (though the RT was alright), Oh, and I dunno enough about how crappy the 90's Camaro's and TA's were, but they were definitely hideous, and a number of others.”

Some early 90’s American cars were bad? Big surprise! It couldn’t possibly be b/c of an 80’s model/parts overlap? As for Neons if you actually cared to read my post you would notice that I admit to having first hand experience of Chrysler being crap!

“Mid-90's Dodges had inherent Transmission problems....5 years down the road, you're guaranteed to need a new transmission; that is IF you EVER make it back to civilization.”

Like I said before I think that Chrysler = crap, but you’ll just ignore that to prove your point.

“Actually it is a true Ford, it's Mazda designed (conceptually), Ford built, just like the Viper is Lamborghini designed and Dodge built. And they're deplorable for reliability, especially the engines. Just ask two friends of mine who both have (or maybe had, they may have gotten rid of themsince I last went home) Ford Probes (one a Twin Turbo, which put out a weak 140 hp for a V6 2.5 litre Twin Turbo) with blown engines. The one who owned the Twin Turbo model is a female who goes incredibly easy on cars, she wouldn't even let me go above the speed limit in it one evening when I was DD and driving her home in her car once, yet the engine still blew, how pathetic.”

Once again you’re speaking as though you know everything but come up short in actuality. First Gen probes were available with a n/a I4, a SINGLE turbo I4, and later a 3L V6. NO Twin turbo model. They were conceived in the late 70’s built in the 80’s and early 90’s and yes sucked because of this. A second Gen probe like I own, came with a n/a I4 and a V6 both built by Mazda. Here educate yourself: http://www.aus-cartalk.com/probe/history.htm . The site states: “The new model GT came with the hi-tech 2.5 Litre Fuel Injected DOHC Mazda V-6.” See that, it’s called backing your opinion. I’d love to see you do it, just once.

Since you overlooked it I said that the Engine and transmission in my probe have been solid, or the Mazda or Japanese source parts. What has not held up well are the auxiliary systems or ford parts. But you’re so carried away with pro import propaganda that you overlooked that I basically support your view on this issue.

“BTW - I notice you've never had an import (aside from the BMW, which, knowing you, you're obviously going to say something good, but will also say something bad so that no one thinks that a BMW would be as good as a North American car). Which, leads me to wonder whether the reason you're always accusing people of being biased, or "not knowing they don't know", or blindly anti-North American, is perhaps because you, are paranoid over yourself having all those flaws, that you think you see the same in others. y'know, "people always hate in others, what they see of themselves". Hmmm....perhaps that's where all the hatred comes from.”

I already gave my two cents on my BMW but again in case you missed it: It’s a great car, it had a minor electrical problem and a engine recall before I owned it but is otherwise a great car even with high miles on it. But unlike many other import owners I wasn’t going to say “my BMW is an import so it’s perfect, never breaks and so on.
    Hmmm…..perhaps there was nothing hateful about this post seeing that it was a rather objective analysis of the cars I have first hand experience with. Maybe someone so willing to label me as hateful should do a little self analysis?

15. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Well now, perhaps YOU should read what you wrote again, as this was really quite inaccurate.

anyway, it must then only be the Canadian Ford Probes that came with Twin Turbo, as my friend's sister owned a Ford Probe, and it was a twin turbo, and it came from the factory that way, if she still has it, I'll get a picture under the hood when I go home again.

16. Re: Give me a reason that hondas aren't shitty

Well Civic Type-R is cheap, fast, it looks good and its great to drive too.