GM has done a good job of ...

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Bel Air Concept' started by porscheguy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. wrecking the name of great old cars like the Impala and Malibu with their current interpretations. I guess this is GM's way of destroying another great name. How is it that a car company that in the sixties built such wonderful machines, builds such shit now?

2. Re: GM has done a good job of ...

I believe it is called evolution....although the cars in the 60's were awesome, one can always go buy a used Chevy from the 60's and restore it and enjoy it forever on end...it is good to see the retro scene alive, though those vehicles will never match the beauties of the 50's and 60's....(that goes for Ford and Chrysler too, back then)

3. Re: GM has done a good job of ...

Please, don't try to come up with excuses for this waste of money. AN INLINE 5??!?! WHERE IS THE V8???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!

4. Re: GM has done a good job of ...

Let me tell you something else GM has done a good job of, COPYING FORD!!! They're gettin' behind in the sales and Ford put out the thunderbird. Now they want to copy Ford instead of coming up with some brand new car that can sell like burgers. GET OVER IT GM, YOU'LL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS FORD!!!!!

5. Re: GM has done a good job of ...

This is nice, but it doesn't comare to the Ford 49.

6. ford suck and plus its not only gm (eaven though they have the highst amounts of replicas)
    dodge is starting to as well.

7. Porshe, you're wrong. Look at the 1996 Impala SS, that car kicked ass. But there ARE some cars that should be left in the past. I mean if they rebadged this car with another name you wouldn't be complaining. Complain about the car, not the name. It doesn't change anything for the 50's Bel Air does it? In a sense, this Bel Air is completely different from the old Bel Airs.