Goodbye Viper...

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by DUFFMAN, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Goodbye Viper...

You guys are all retarded. The Geo Metro could smoke both the Viper 800 TT and this 650 Corvette.

2. Re: Goodbye Viper...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Top RPM</i>
    <b>You guys are all retarded. The Geo Metro could smoke both the Viper 800 TT and this 650 Corvette.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

DAMN , your right!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Goodbye Viper...

"...hey its out gunned by 200hp...its also non turbo or super unlike this one

any how think if the viper had 200hp more to play with hello viper good bye lingfingmyself..."

OK, now take your 200hp improved Viper, and the Lingenfelter, and remove them from that quarter mile stretch of over-rated pavement and put them on something, anything really, with a few turns. (Dare I say it? Yes, turns) By the time your silly little big nuts Viper finished the Lingenfelter would have forgotten what it even raced. And on top of that, I hear a few bringing up the 800 TT. Please, must we point out its one and only good use as if it makes the car immaculate? Pay that much for a car thats good at one thing and, yes, you'll see where the money went, but you'll only see it in one place, the quarter mile.

4. Re: Goodbye Viper...

The Viper would kill the Vette on a road course. Im not talking about
    the reguler stock viper and vette. I mean the Venom 800 and the 650
    Corvette.<!-- Signature -->

5. #30 Buko, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Goodbye Viper...

I would like to start by saying that the Viper 800tt tested faster then the Vette 650TT. The number are there and there is no need to squable like children over whathas been tested on the track. So that said I have the followingthings to say.

1) Duffman says "The Viper would kill the Vette on a road course. Im not talking about the reguler stock viper and vette. I mean the Venom 800 and the 650 Corvette." Well I have an issue of R&T where they had planned to have just such a race. It also included some other cars: Modded RX-7, Series Five Racing GT-40 and a Merc or some kind that I can not recall.
    The point of this little story is that the Viper never even made it to race day. It have more then one mechanical problem and was unable to race. Another note of interest is that the Vette was the fastes car of all the remaining cars, so of which also broke down and could not finish the 3 test runs. In the end it is real nice andall for the car to be the fastest tested car but if it breakes down on you it really doesn't make a difference. Lingefelter is know for solid designs that hold their water. Maybe Hennessey should be more worried about keeping the cars on the road than setting number on the track.

2) Duffman also said "The quarter mile is just a quarter of a mile. It dosent really mean that much. Also the Venom 800 went 0-60 in 2.4 secs which is faster then this Vette. Booyah!" Let me be very clear when I say this.

The Quarter Mile Is Everthing is the most important thing when it comes to speed.

Top speed is well and fine but no one races top speed on normal streets. The road course is another fine thing too but that is as much the part of the driver as the car and therefore not a fair test of onecar to another. 0-60 is fine for your daily driver but I think we can all argree that the Viper 800tt and the Vette 650TT are anything but your typical daily driver.

3) My last comment, the Lingenfelter 427TT will eat up your Viper 800tt any day of the week. The test that was done was done 1/2 a second faster and with an automatic trasmition. Those of you who doubt this need only to go to www.lingenfelter.com and look up the stuff on the 427TT.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Goodbye Viper...

What the Hell Buko?

I still believe the 800 TT would beat the 650TT on a road course.
    Also the Lingenfelter site only shows pictures and upgrades put on
    the 427TT. It says nothing about track times and tests. Lastly your
    actually just backing me up in 2 ways. You said the 1/4 mile is
    everything when it comes to top speed. The Venom 800 scored a better
    time then the Vette 650. Plus the Corvette broke down to in that
    magazine. Then you say it dosent really matter. HUH? But if the
    Venom 800 brakes down it says the car sucks? Duffman thinks you
    need to get your facts straight!

OOOOHH YEAAAH!!!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Goodbye Viper...

I'm not sure which article you read Duffman but the Vette in the R&T race did not break down. As for the Lingenfelter sight it does show the time slip for the strip race of the 427TT. Go back and scroll down to the bottom of the 427TT page and click on the light tree that says Time Slips above it. When you do you might note the time and speed: 9.524 sec @145 miles per hour.

as for the 550TT and the 650TT the numbers are as follows

550tt: 11.468 sec @ 128.58 mph

650tt: 10.958 sec @ 133.54 mph

and yes the viper isfaster in the 1/4 mile than either the 650tt and the 550tt.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Goodbye Viper...

You said in #1 that the Vette broke down and could not finish all 3
    test runs. On the 427 TT was it using DOT slicks. It said something
    about them on the time slips page. Anyway Im not convinced that the
    427 TT is faster then the Venom 800 but I am sure the Venom 800 is
    faster then the 650TT. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Goodbye Viper...

Duff, The C5 427TT 1/4 mile was run with M/T ET Streets, DOT approved street slicks. I am glad that we agree on the 650tt v 800tt issue, but I mistyped in my first post when is said "so of which also broke down and could not finish the 3 test runs." it should have read "some of which also broke down and and could not finish the 3 test runs."

Sorry for the mix up

Buko out

10. Re: Goodbye Viper...

well ok the there a big difference between a vette and a viper price there is a 30,000 difference stock ok so when u find me a viper for 50,000 and can beat a vette then you can compare them

11. Re: Goodbye Viper...

Well now....what is the point of arguing the Viper 800TT and Corvette 650 when they both have engine packages put into them? One car is faster, then the other car gets a new turbo, or other upgrade to make it faster. Just look at the stock models where the truth is told. The Viper is superior to the Vette and thats the end of the story.

12. Re: Goodbye Viper...

Stryker at this point has a 1000hp viper that came out a couple yrs ago with only 8psi of boost, the venom 800 however can push a few more psi and match that number as well as beat it. Stryker however has been developing a viper with a boost setting well over 8psi....you could only imagine what that thing will push if they throw in larger turbos and kick the boost up to well over 20psi, im pretty sure the car will come close to the 2000hp mark, the only problem is gettin those tires to hook up....

13. Re: Goodbye Viper...

Look screw the viper I am working on a car that will wipp the venom 800s a*s.
    <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Goodbye Viper...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DUFFMAN</i>
    <b>The quarter mile is just a quarter of a mile. It dosent really mean
    that much. Also the Venom 800 went 0-60 in 2.4 secs which is faster
    then this Vette. Booyah!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I bet u didnt kno that time was acheived with NOS, yess that car uses a automatic NOS injection system in the beggining to get the engine revving cuz the turbo LAG, there is no way it could get that time b4 the turbos kick in, and oh yeah the 800TT got beat by the 427 in the 1/4 by alot and the 800TT has a 83 hp benefit so whats wrong with it IDK, maybe its just not as good, anyway there have been some news about scandels goin around with henessy, Oh yeah the handling on the vette absolutely destroys the viper and its bouncy ass!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Goodbye Viper...

What the hell?! You damn idiot! The Viper did not use NOS to get off the line!!! OMG you have to be the dumbest person on this site! Thats so pathetic. Guess what...Viper = faster than Corvettes.

Hennessey got the Viper to 1220 HP. <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Goodbye Viper...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>What the hell?! You damn idiot! The Viper did not use NOS to get off the line!!! OMG you have to be the dumbest person on this site! Thats so pathetic. Guess what...Viper = faster than Corvettes.

Hennessey got the Viper to 1220 HP. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Viper Viper Viper Viper, everything else is crap, Viper this Viper that, grow up man, all you talk about is the Viper.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Goodbye Viper...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>What the hell?! You damn idiot! The Viper did not use NOS to get off the line!!! OMG you have to be the dumbest person on this site! Thats so pathetic. Guess what...Viper = faster than Corvettes.

Hennessey got the Viper to 1220 HP. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Viper Viper Viper Viper, everything else is crap, Viper this Viper that, grow up man, all you talk about is the Viper.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

For the amount of time you spend on this site, and the amount of time you spend following me, non-stop, I think you would know that I talk about other cars. I'm not the idiot who brings up their favorite car in another conversation for no reason, just when its been mentioned before. All you do is talk about TVR's in forums, even when its not mentioned before.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Goodbye Viper...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>

Viper Viper Viper Viper, everything else is crap, Viper this Viper that, grow up man, all you talk about is the Viper.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

For the amount of time you spend on this site, and the amount of time you spend following me, non-stop, I think you would know that I talk about other cars. I'm not the idiot who brings up their favorite car in another conversation for no reason, just when its been mentioned before. All you do is talk about TVR's in forums, even when its not mentioned before.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I was winding you up, why when ever I have a joke with someone do they neve see it?<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Goodbye Viper...

LiquidChild: Its next to impossible to detect sarcasm on these forums. And that to me doesn't look like it was sarcasm, but if it was, then I apologize. Maybe like a smiley face or something next to or below you're post might help in the future.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Goodbye Viper...

Listen to this. In my hand I hold "Motor Trend, June 2002"
    Inside of this magazine is a test of the Lingenfelter 427tt. Holy God is all I have to say.
    0 to 60 in 1.97 seconds
    Quarter mile in 9.24 seconds at 150.27 mph
    Now duffman, do not compare the 800tt to the corvette in this forum as it obviously whoops it up. Remember however that the 800tt was only created to beat this car here. This car her was created to beat the Hennessy 650. It's all about oneupmanship. Right now, Lingenfelter is king with his brand new 427tt.
    Please, if your gonna post a reply, dont say stupid shit
    Thank you

21. Re: Goodbye Viper...

Can somebody tell me why we are comparing the 650hp Corvette to the 833hp Viper? Why not the 650r Viper? I mean wouldn't that be a better discussion? I think so.. But I think the 650 Corvette would beat the 650r Viper... But you never know..<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Goodbye Viper...

The dodge viper 800TT is 0-60 in 2.4. 0-100 in 5.00. This car is 4.5 and 7.9. BIG difference. This would get it rear end wuipped!