GREAT PRICE!

Discussion in '2000 Innotech Mysterro' started by Deutschland uber alles, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: GREAT PRICE!

Are you on the crack? Any moron can stck a GM engine in a tube chassis composite bodied car. To charge $100,000 for it is sick. Break it down; the engine must be about $6,000 with mods at most. The gearbox and trans, $4000. The body and chassis, 10,000. So you have a 20-30,000 car for 100,000. Only an American would buy this crap.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: GREAT PRICE!

You got a serious attitude problem buddy. Its not only the engine which makes up a car. And besides, a 500 hp Corvette V8 isn't near 10,000. I'm guessing its about 20,000 - 25,000 dollars. Also, the body of the car is very nice, so is the gearbox and the drivetrain system. All those things adding up do not account for a cheap car. If cars were as cheap as they are in your world, then you'd see quite a few people driving around with Ferrari's and Porsche's. I don't know where you're from, but you are one twisted piece of shit with a poor bias who needs to grow up and realize that not everything is based on the price of material.

3. Re: GREAT PRICE!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Deutschland uber alles</i>
    <b> Are you on the crack? Any moron can stck a GM engine in a tube chassis composite bodied car. To charge $100,000 for it is sick. Break it down; the engine must be about $6,000 with mods at most. The gearbox and trans, $4000. The body and chassis, 10,000. So you have a 20-30,000 car for 100,000. Only an American would buy this crap.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

As much as I like to back up American cars, this time I agree with Duesctchland. Seriously $100,000 is not a good deal for this car. The same money I could get a ZO6Lingenfelter or a Ferrari or a Viper or a Porsche 911. Better yet I could build a cooler car for the same price I think. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: GREAT PRICE!

this car is SWEET!! i would GLADLY pay 100k for this thing. its got NEW ferrari horsepower, and its 1/2 the cost of a new ferrari.

SIGN ME UP TOO
    dammit need 100k first

5. This car is quite a good deal for what you get. A sweet looking convertible with 500 hp for 100 grand??? SIGN ME UP! What do you think, awesome deal or not?

6. Re: GREAT PRICE!

Price is not based solely on components, but R&D comes into it as well. That would be one reason why a lesser known manufacturer might charge more for a car than GM (who shifts profits from cheap ass cars like a Sunfire into making a Corvette top-notch).
    By the way, Deutschland uber alles, on behalf of all Americans, screw you and your arrogance. We buy what we buy because we can. That's one of the benefits of a free market economy and democracy. We also understand that there are more manufacturers that BMW, Volkwagon (don't get me started on the sorted history of that franchise), and Porsche. We support the little guy with the bright idea and the even more little guy with a dream. That's America. Lay off.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: GREAT PRICE!

100K for this?
    nice!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: GREAT PRICE!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>You got a serious attitude problem buddy. Its not only the engine which makes up a car. And besides, a 500 hp Corvette V8 isn't near 10,000. I'm guessing its about 20,000 - 25,000 dollars. Also, the body of the car is very nice, so is the gearbox and the drivetrain system. All those things adding up do not account for a cheap car. If cars were as cheap as they are in your world, then you'd see quite a few people driving around with Ferrari's and Porsche's. I don't know where you're from, but you are one twisted piece of shit with a poor bias who needs to grow up and realize that not everything is based on the price of material. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i must agree with you on everything there<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: GREAT PRICE!

You shouldnt be talking. You come from a country where a 225hp VW Bug costs $70,000. Only a German would buy that crap.

10. Re: GREAT PRICE!

ferrari horsepower, yes but hp isn't everything, an engine is also judged upon how smooth it is, how flat it's torque curve is, it's acoustics, how free it is to rev. i do like this car but i'm not a huge fan of just syndicating mass production engines and then tuning them so they are massively peaky.

11. Re: GREAT PRICE!

A bit too expensive I say but it has a nice look. But with that money I'd supe up 1976 Stingray. But if they held them in front of me for free only one... The Mysterro would catch me.

12. Re: GREAT PRICE!

It looks like a convertible M12.

13. Re: GREAT PRICE!

come on dude, your telling me if you had 100gs to burn on a car that this would be the one. yeah right. screw the engine. you know the two questions everyone is going to ask you(because it does look very exotic and nice) is "what kind of car is it and how much does it cost?" After you tell them the price they might be impressed, but after you tell them the name they might start laughing. Damn the 500hp engine. if you want a fast engine and a beautiful car and want to spend 100,000$ go get a barely driven supra and dump 70gs worth of mods and that car would $%$# all over this one. Not just a supra, tons of cars under 100gs would poop all over this one.

14. The only thing that would stop me from buying this sweet little number is this...

The thing looks like the nose of a Geo Storm mated with the back of a Ferrari F50. Don't get me wrong, it looks ok. But that's the first thing I noticed.