GT-R never coming, Skyline already here.

Discussion in '1969 Nissan Skyline 2000GTR' started by Jointedman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. In my recent visit to the New York International Auto Show I had the presence of mind to talk with one of the Nissan spokespersons about whether the Skyline GT-R will come stateside and this is what he said. The GT-R will never come stateside because the GT-R was made for the Japanese right-hand drive market, and all of its internals are arranged meticulously as such, and that to bring it to America they would have to rebuild the whole car just to put the steering wheel on the other side because it was not originally designed with the intent to be an export car. This is of course unfeasible for Nissan to do.
    On the other hand he explained that the Infinity G35 is actually the new generation Skyline, and if Infinity or Nissan is planning to do a high performance version of this car is a mystery to him.
    Just thought I should pass along this information to my much beloved supercar.net community. I will post on as many Skyline boards as I can.

Jointedman
    -----------
    I guess that kind of extinguishes some flames of hope (mine included).
    <!-- Signature -->