hate the front bumper

Discussion in '2008 Aston Martin DBS' started by Walperstyle, May 12, 2006.

1. The front bumper is too busy, if its going to try to be a DB9R, at least make it functional like the DB9R.

2. The front bumper is too busy, if its going to try to be a DB9R, at least make it functional like the DB9R.

3. I agree. Way too ugly, no class. So ricerish.

4. yeah the bumper really screws up the Aston look

5. I both love it and hate it. Love it because of a futuristic look, hate it because it is so unclassy and just doesn't belong on an Aston Martin. The hood looks nice, though.

6. It is o.k.

7. :S it's not functional?

there's a world of difference between the first and second pic. in the second pic, the angle is such that the headlight washers are right infront of one of the blubs. it gives the opposite impression of those with lids that make cars look like they're glaring. makes it look happy or like a frog. looking at the first pic it looks very aggressive and menacing. i'd reposition those washers if i were them.. or add those sweet lights found on the v8 vantage to add a glaring look (although i don't promote sharing too many unique looks. makes the special ones that much less special)

8. The bumper is fully functional. The Aston design director Marek Reichman said "Everything is present for an engineering reason, nothing is extraneous. Our cars don't need unnecessary decoration." So there. And I think everything about this car looks incredible. Sexy as Jessica Alba and Jessica Biel having a bath together.

9. ricer! hate it! just an original db9 with ricer body kits and bling bling rims

10. i like it and dont like it. its new but also kind of a little too much. i prefer the db9.

11. I love every inch of that car. Point taken, the bumper ir a bit flashy, but overall I think it's breathtakingly beautiful.

12. I love every inch of that car. Point taken, the bumper ir a bit flashy, but overall I think it's breathtakingly beautiful.

13. The bumper is slighty sportier then the DB9. Its not like it has "wings west" blastered on it. Get over it it's had a slight face lift, to call it "riced" is an insult.

14. I don't see a problem with this car. I personally rate this as one of my most favourite Aston Martin's. It looks beautiful, how can people says its ricey.. thats just stupid.

15. I AGREE, THE FRONT BUMPER BREAKS UP THE NATURAL LINES OF THE CAR, BUT ASIDE FROM THAT I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CARS ASTOM MARTIN HAS PRODUCED.

16. Well thank God Aston Martin didn't hire anyone who hates the front bumper on this car. Because they and I OBVIOUSLY know more about aerodynamics than some you here! OH...yeah form ALWAYS follows function, some of you SHOULD know this by now...right?!?