Hey all you rich people out there

Discussion in '1997 Lotus Esprit V8' started by SuperSonic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. You like this don't you...

you want to drive this don't you... You think this is the best car ever....well guess what ,...your not far off,...this has Style, Performance, and is made by people who know how to build a quality sports car... You like this don't you ?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: You like this don't you...

yes, i do, its cool, hee hee

3. Re: You like this don't you...

Yeah i like it.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: You like this don't you...

I do like it also

5. Re: You like this don't you...

I like it alot, Not in black though.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: You like this don't you...

No, no, no, no, I don't like it. I LOVE IT. I think this car could easily produce 900 bhp with a few modifications, it's just that no one has tried (or at least I don't know if anyone has).

7. Re: You like this don't you...

I dont know about 900hp, but a friend of mine who has one is going to have 450hp soon with a race ecu and other small stuff. i gotta love turocharged cars, they respond so well to mods.

Who said they didnt look good in black?!

8. Re: A respectable car!!!

I aree w/ that.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: A respectable car!!!

I had one of these toy with me at the lights a while back. The guy was obviously having fun - we exchanged waves, and then he started revving - he dumped the clutch and lit up the rear tyres - so much damn smoke - and I had the roof off! He lost me at about 40mph. I caught up with him about a half mile later - he grinned, saluted, and launched off again!

I know of another Le Mans convoy which included one of these and a F355 - the Lotus hit 180mph and outdragged the Ferrari on every occasion that they opened the cars up

10. Re: A respectable car!!!

this is probly more than respectable. it has almost everything you can think of and it doesnt cost 300k. maybe around 100k, but its still cheaper.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Are you kidding me? The most expensive corvette out there now, the ZO6 is like 50 grand and it'll beat a lotus no problem.

12. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

yeah...this car will kick the vettes ass..<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

In 1998 a buddy and me drove with on Autobahn (Berlin/Germany). It was amazing! The Lotus is truely a real sportscar - loud, hard and just divine. But itŽs not really an everyday-supercar!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

most lotuses arent street legal in north america but you can still race them and that kinda shit.

15. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpritz</i>
    <b>Are you kidding me? The most expensive corvette out there now, the ZO6 is like 50 grand and it'll beat a lotus no problem.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But who wants a Corvette? They suck. Lotus is much better in every way. So it doesn't run 0-60 quite as fast or handle quite as well. At least you have the assurance that you aren't driving around in a piece of shit that will fall apart in 3 years. Gotta love American 'units', huh?<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

This car is still special. Had Chapman still been alive he would have liked it. Chapman was never very sentimental about his cars and only favoured the ones that paid for Lotus to develop their Formula One cars. Still both are gone now.

As for the Vett out performing the Esprit.....um...NO!
    Put the two cars on the track and there is only going to be one winner. The Esprit.

17. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Actually the z06 does beat this.<!-- Signature -->

18. If your gonna spend over 100k on a car, make it worth your while, these cars cost about in the lower 80's to high 90's for one of these. they are great cars, don't buy that expensive corvette, it won't be able to match the shear awesomeness of this car!

19. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

hi all ...

I'm the biggest fan of the Lotus Esprit (all esprit's are fine, but the V8 Rulez). Thizzz hazzz been my dreamcar sinzzz 1996 when I bought the ps1 game: Need For Speed 2. I'm addicted to the Esprit. My life is Esprit. I'm Esprit .. my sig = eSPRiT

greetz eLecTro<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

I love Lotus, but the Esprit is everything Colin Chapman didnt want in a car. It's waaaaaaay too heavy, too big, too luxery, too expensive. It simply doesnt come anywhere near the Elise, Exige, old Elan, M250, 340R, etc Where's my Lotus minimalist design?!?!

Dont get me wrong, I do love this car, it looks great, but I think Lotus really screwed up and should never have made it like they did.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

ya..Corvettes aren't anywhere near $100,000/<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Nice stuff, in a class of its own!

23. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

AWESOME CAR, NICE DESIGN,GOOD POWER, AND ONE OF THE BEST.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Supurb looks, if i'm gonna buy myself another sportscar then a Porsche, this would be the one!<!-- Signature -->

25. #25 Nicklin, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Hey all you rich people out there

there is a 2002 version, surprised this site hasnt got it.

www.ultimatecarpage.com has though