Hey Bill...

Discussion in '2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo' started by Krillmeister, Jan 16, 2006.

1. SAR, 2 1000hp S7TTs on the streets already?

proves what an ass he is

2. SAR, 2 1000hp S7TTs on the streets already?

was that it? lol from the way hammond was wording it "cause it kept braking down" makes it seem like it was mechanical

what a baby

3. SAR?

Are there any plans for another original car, as opposed to the modified mustangs?

4. SAR?

All future projects are confidential until the debut, so I can neither confirm or deny that there will be another car

5. SAR?

Shit. Is there a date that I could look forward to?

6. SAR?

And has the 248 mph top speed as noted in the April 06 C&D been acheived in track testing by the 750hp car?

7. Yet another another question for our friend SAR.

At what speed does the current S7's downforce equal its' weight?

8. Yet another another question for our friend SAR.

We dont give out an exact speed as it gives out a little to much info. I will say it is fairly high, you are not going to get to it on the freeway. The car does start making downforce very early, by 45 mph the "thru body" aerodynamics really start og have an effect, creating a low pressure zone under all the body work. and the car will start to lower on the 1st stage springs, by 100 mph the car has dropped almost an inch and is on the heavy 2nd stage springs. with the drop in rid hight the under body aero really comes into play(front spiltter-diffsuer, flat floor, and the huge rear diffuser) the S7 has a really large flat floor, it is the full width of the car and goes from the center of the front wheels to the center of the rear wheels, with diffusers on either end of that. when the car drops and you can get the air accelerating under the car and expandign through the diffsuer you can make a great low pressur ezone under the car. And as it has a large flat sealed surface area it does not take much of a drop in pressure to make a differnce, (a small negitive pressure drop over a large area equals a greater amount of down force for smaller drops in pressure, good old Pounds per square inch) The faster you go the greater the negative pressure you make under the car. This is where most of the downfoce is made, with the rear spoiler helping for the rest.

9. Yet another another question for our friend SAR.

I assume it is a lower speed than the 160mph for the original S7? It would really be interesting for Saleen to actually go out and drive an S7 upside down. Now, will that never be done because the risk to the S7 perfroming the feat is too great, or the cost to build such a track is too great?

10. Yet another another question for our friend SAR.

I assume it is a lower speed than the 160mph for the original S7? It would really be interesting for Saleen to actually go out and drive an S7 upside down. Now, will that never be done because the risk to the S7 performing the feat is too great, or the cost to build such a track is too great?

11. so Bill...

Tell us about yourself. I don't know about the rest of the members but I for one would like to know more about you... University/major? How'd you end up with Saleen? What lead you to grace us with your presence at supercars.net?

12. so Bill...

I came here when a friend told me it was a good site on exotics, and I saw a few questions that I could clear up

13. so Bill...

so do you use this site to check info on competeing supercars or do you get reliable information elsewhere?

14. so Bill...

This site does seem to have quite a few people who have alot of information they find, alot of it has to be taken with a grain of salt, but there is a lot of good info that gets posted

15. so Bill...

Why did Saleen do away with their forum?

16. so Bill...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

17. SAR?

Can we pictures and video of your personal S7? And if not, are you allowed to give us the date for the independent top speed run later this year?

By the way, would you stop by my thread in American cars and poke holes in my S7 math and gearing?

18. SAR?

wait, you have an S7 of your own Bill?

19. SAR?

Bill has an S7, among other things.

20. SAR?

oh my god! are you sure?

21. SAR?

Very. He told me before. I beleive his daily driver is a Saleen modified mustang. Remember he's Saleen's engineering VP, and I think the engineering head on the S7 project. Meaning he is well paid for his skills.

22. SAR?

yea, he's head of S7, but dang, he gets to OWN an s7!! thats like, the best job i can think of

23. SAR?

One nice part of my job is having one of everything we make, in my R&D fleet, I will get some pictures up when I get a chance

24. SAR?

I want your job

25. SAR?

Bill, you are a lucky man. I envy you. What color is your S7 in? I guess I'll see. Hoping orange, lizstick red, or black.