How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

Discussion in '1998 Fiat Coupé 2.0 20V Turbo+' started by USRACING, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

Nearly all modern Volvos use the I5. Audi used the I5 with great success with their Group-B rallycar. They also used in the S2, S4 and the RS2.

Don't know why they gave it up, it's a fabulous engine. It has an uneven ignitionsequence, it thus makes a great sound!

2. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

Lancia Thesis uses the same engine with less power (185 hp) to be in line with the new European emmision regulations.
    Fiat Stilo 2.4 20V Abarth (170 PS) has also 5 cylinder. This machine is based also on this Fiat Coupe's one!

3. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

Volvos..

4. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

The Japanese market has a 1600cc 5v/cyl 4AGE. 120kw

5. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

Yes, that has 5 valves per one cylinder. It is a 4 cylinder engine with total of 20 valves. He asked about 5 cylinder engines.

Audi has used inline 5cyl engines in many models in the past
    Volkswagen has the VR5 engine(not very common)
    Volvo has used(and still uses) 5cyl petrol and diesel engines
    Mercedes-Benz used to have 5cyl diesel engines
    Fiat has some 5cyl petrol engines

Those I know of. There are many others.

6. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

my fathers '93 acura vigor has a 176bhp 2.5l i-5

7. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

Fiat Coupe 2.0 20v T, Lancia Lybra 2.0 20v, Lancia Lybra 2.4 JTD, Lancia Thesis 2.0 20v T, Lancia Thesis 2.4 JTD, Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD, Alfa Romeo 166 2.4 JTD, Volvo S60 & V70 all, Volvo S80 all - T6, VW Golf 2.3 V5, VW Passat 2.3 V5, VW New Beetle 2.3 V5, Seat Toledo 2.3 V5, Mercedes C270 CDI, Mercedes E270 CDI and Mercedes CLK 270 CDI.

8. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

Seat Toledo Top sport has got engine marked as 2,3l V5 170hp but i think its something like VR5 instead of V5.

9. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

Fiat Bravo (or Brava never sure which one is which), Fiat Brovo Weekend, lots of Alfa's as they are Fiat owned? They are alot quieter, but cost more on petrol.

10. Re: How many cars use the 5 cylinder engine?

Audi has used I5s in their cars for a very long time.

11. Hi there i live in Malta Europe.
    I have a Fiat coupe 2.0 20v turbo plus Limited edition.
    If you want to know about the car you can ask me cause i am bugged reading off all the bullshit people wright against it.
    :p