How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

Discussion in '2002 Peugeot 206 WRC' started by BMW Motorsport, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Are there also Rally events as in Europe or do Americans only love NASCAR or CART ?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

We have the SCCA Pro Rally Championship which receives pretty good manufacturer support from Subaru and Hyundai. Rallying does not have the following it deserves in the U.S., but i think interest is growing. Plus the FIA is thinking of bringing in a U.S. round of the WRC, so that could help to generate some more fans over here too. It's working for F1 so why not rally? Personally i think rallying is one of the three best forms of motorsport on earth, so i would love it if we had a large wrc following over here.

3. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

I think that rally drivers are real champs on the road. DRiving a rally car on the limit is more considerable, dangerous and more difficult than driving an F1<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

Yeah it would be great if the FIA came to the US for a round. I'd go see it if it did.

5. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

well if they do take a round to the US dont all go stnd right on the stages as they get cancelled then its not only a wste for u cos u wont see anything its a waste for all the teams, but where in the US would they hold it?

6. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

I agree with you wholeheartedly, only in place of u.s. you should have North America.

I think they should also have a Canadian Rally as well, somewhere in Southern B.C., or the South western part of Alberta. B.C. has some Killer Rally style roads of all types, I think many people would be VERY Impressed.

7. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

I think the World Rally Championship is the best form of motorsport (if you didn't already guess by my name). I'm hoping that they'll bring it to Canada (my home country) or at least North America. Rallying is so much more exciting to watch than any other race (IMO), maybe if there is a strong enough demand for it here in North America...Who's with me?

I out, peace

8. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

i don't think its that popular but i enjoy it!

9. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

rally rules, i hate having to wait a month to see a race, i would love for rally to come to canada B.C. i live in vancouver island. my and my friend are thinking of entering one in a few years.
    seriusly its the only real form of 4 wheel racing that covers a broad spectrum of weathers, and every kilometer of the rally is different, not going 40 times around one circuit. and the punishment those cars take is unbelievable.
    if rally would come here, all my friends love it so there is i think a big market for it really, thats why subaru and mitsu have brought their 4 wheel drive monsters over also.

10. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

Yes I agree, I get so sick of seeing cars go in circles for about 2 hours (nascar) or seeing cars take off at lightning fast speeds down a boring straight line (drag)

11. Re: How popular is the Rally Championchip in the US ?

While there is very loyal rally fans all over North America, it is nowhere as big as it is in Europe. Regional rallies usually get 20-30 entrants and a couple hundred spectators. National events usually get alot more cars (30-70) and fans in the thousands, but when you compare it to the European events, when each stage have hundreds of thousands of spectators.

Unfortunetly NASCAR and other track racing series are more followed, but there are rally fans every bit as dedicated as the europeans.

And it is growing, fairly fast too.

As for you Vancouver Island boys, get to Merritt for the PFR Oct 15th, we'll put on a show for yah. And I guarantee you'll get to roll a car back onto its roof. Give the MR2 a priority eh.