I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

Discussion in '2001 Ferrari 360 Spider' started by 360 MoDeNa M3 TeG GSR, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

So when the wind comes up over the windshield, instead of having a roof for it to flow over, its better to be open so the air trips and swirls around and create turbulence and DRAG. Right. I think R&T meant to illustrate how aerodynamic the Spyder is-for a convertible. The Modena creates less drag due to its smoother body design.
    I have to admit, the Spyder looks hot top down with that engine-under-glass, but I'd favour the Modena-manual trans, no F1, thank you very much.

2. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

i would get the modena, a yellow one. just so i could put a challenge grill on it. it makes it look sooo much better.

3. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

my user name is f40 s are better. now i have seen this i am thinking of changing it. this has to be the sexiest car on this planet.who cars if the performance isnt as good as most of the other cars out there, i love it. any married woman out there would leave there husbands for you if you were spotted in one of these babies. this thing would turn more heads than jordan walking down the street topless.

4. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

I think you meant Dauer 962, not 964.

5. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

I'd choose the Spider over Modena. The small difference in performance isn't that important to me. I love the way the Spider is styled, especially the engine that you can see.

6. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

Pick the 360 spider man. It looks a lot better and handles almost as good as the 360 Modena. My dad owns one of these as well as a 2001 BMW Z3. I know you guys won't believe me one little bit but I will try to get pics of his Ferrari and BMW for ya. OK. Its black with a red interior. I beg my dad pretty much every day to drive one when I turn 16 which will be in like 2 and a half years. And every day its the same "Over my dead body". It is actually quite funny. And the BMW is a mettalic sky blue kind of i think.

7. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

i agree with you koenigman. I read an article once saying that the paper doesn't even move when the spider cruises at 115 mph. That's pretty cool. I don't know how many convertibles can do that top down. Performance ain't all that difference. I would probably not be driving it over 150 mph per hour anywhere. I live in bangkok, one of the traffic-full cities in the world. I just love the design of the spider, but no money to buy it. Costs 20,000,000 baht here, including tax. If you were to convert it to dollars, it costs 450000 dollars. You can buy almost 3 spiders. Anyway, what's better, spider or SL55 AMG?

8. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

Definatley a spider better with roof up even better with the roof down. it might be slower but your not gonna go that fast.

9. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

Hmmmm...

Both the Modena and the spider look great but I guess it's all up to what you prefer. Also, location might affect your decision. For example, if you live in an area with colder weather, you might want the hard top for obvious reasons. I, on the other hand, live in Sunny California and would prefer to let my Ferrai breath. I would choose the spider.

10. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

spider but it looks best in silver they made a special version i forgot what it is called but they have chrome rims a body kit and shit its real nice i think i might get a spider also

11. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

both cars ride the same, the only difference might be weight, but the spider looks better. My question is red or siler??

12. Re: I Can't Decide 360 Modena or 360 Spider (leanin 4 modena)

both the spyder and the modena have the engine under glass, take a look at the pictures, need4speedguy!