I don't get the engine

Discussion in '1995 Jimenez Novia Concept' started by imnotmaranelloboy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. It says that they made the engine block from two Yamaha motorcycle engines, so how do they come out with a W16. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't any I8, S8, F8, or V8 motorcycle engines produced by Yamaha. PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I don't get the engine

the yamaha engine are probably v4 engine so it couldnt be a w16, it would be a w8... they most have written it wrong

3. Re: I don't get the engine

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferrari F40 GTE</i>
    <b>the yamaha engine are probably v4 engine so it couldnt be a w16, it would be a w8... they most have written it wrong</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

itsa actually 4 bike engines, all I4.

how would you explain the power otherwise, its liek explaining your cousins.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: I don't get the engine

Note that it is said the engine is "made from" two Yamaha engines. I'm betting that this is really a v-8 and that the maker took the cylinder heads off of two Yamaha yzf-1000 and mated them to a custom v-8 block. Or, assuming it really is a w-16, used some of the internals from four heads to make the engine with custom block and heads.

5. Re: I don't get the engine

um...i'm not very good with motorcycles. but there is a 4 or 8 cylinder motorcycle engine? is it big?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I don't get the engine

boss hoss has a corvette engine in it

7. Re: I don't get the engine

Here are 2 W12 pics.

This should help you.

<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: I don't get the engine

and buy which manufacturer are made these engines.

9. Re: I don't get the engine

Well, people, listen carefully, cause I won´t say it again. The Jimenez Novia´s engine was constructed putting together four Yamaha FZR 1000 Exup´s v-4 or I-4 engines, giving it its W16 configuration.Lesson´s over.

10. Re: I don't get the engine

Have ya got proofs about what ya are saying? where have ya read that?

11. Re: I don't get the engine

TO ALL THE F**KING DUMB PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT PRETEND TO KNOW ALOT ABOUT CARS,

you people don't have any ideal how these f**king engines work do you? i mean it sound like a lot of bull S**t to me. its an engine that that has 2 diffrent digree V engines. im not positive about this car but its probley a 90 degree and a 60 degree so the pistons actually lay under one another. its 4 cylinder long though. so all you people that think they know what there talking about, your so f**king stupid, you should learn from a pro first. or some who built the car.

12. Re: I don't get the engine

ah so! ya consider yarself as a pro but who are ya to affirm such things?

13. Re: I don't get the engine

I'm probably, wrong, but didn't Yamaha make a V8 engine for one of their naked/roadster bikes? Lemme check.....
    Yup, they were 2.0l V8 engines in one of their old cruiser bikes. I can't find exact specs on it, but go search for Yamaha V8 in any search engine and oyu should be able to find something.

14. Re: I don't get the engine

Okay here's the dirt..

It's not actually ONE engine, it's TWO engines acting at the same time! Meaning, they're not connected in any way except for the throttle cables. Each one drives one of the rear wheels, and they're both set up horizontally. So it's kinda like this.. Hope this comes out okay...

Each engine is noted by a number. The "="s are the cranks running the tires! But the transmission is really complicated and I'm not gonna try and explain those! Hehe.

15. Re: I don't get the engine

this car looks very dodgy, novia, what the #$%#!!!!!!!

16. Re: I don't get the engine

???????????

17. Re: I don't get the engine

this car is better than yar crappy lambo, so choke it on!

18. Re: I don't get the engine

uh.... wrong. It's not 4 cylinders long. Were it so, you'd be hooking up 4 connection rods in the space given to hook up one. It will be greatly compressed, but it's still going to be about the size of an 8cyl.

Even a v8, for example, is going to be longer than an Inline 4 with the same size cylinders. It's a packaging thing. Making a V or a W engine helps, but it's not the space saver that you're making it out to be.

19. Re: I don't get the engine

That was very helpful information.

20. Re: I don't get the engine

the French supercar from Jimenez is made from four V4 1000cc yamaha. this is why the weigh is really down. this is the only french supercar before 16/4 Veyron ! vive la France et les Jimenez qui entèrent les pieces of shit ricaines !

21. Re: I don't get the engine

The 16/4 isnt french? its italian, morron, and if bugatti were french that would make the eb110 the first french supercar... but its not.

22. Re: I don't get the engine

*boss hogg

23. Re: I don't get the engine

No its Boss Hoss not Boss Hogg.
    They are now based out of Calgary Alberta and dont use Corvette engines any more they use an option of three engines and all are GM crate engines they are 350ci, 427ci, 454ci. Stuffed into a custom made frame originally created from a modified Harley Fat boy frame.

24. Re: I don't get the engine

Saweet, but there is such thing as a boss hogg, can you explain the meaning of boss hoss?

25. Re: I don't get the engine

Stop saying that