I need an example of contemporary propaganda

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blitzschnell, Nov 26, 2004.

1. It has to be a picture/poster, and can't be older then 20 years old. Any help is appreciated.

2. just get something saying "Operation: Iraqi Freedom" on it, if its from CNN, thats a bonus.

3. These images, when plastered all over everywhere, as they were in 2001, serve as propaganda.

4. How the f*ck is that propaganda?

5. Don't know how the first and third ones are, but the second one definately is.

6. huh? what are you talking about

7. #7 rixochet, Nov 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  8. #8 PandaBeat, Nov 26, 2004
  9. #9 Blitzschnell, Nov 26, 2004
  10. #10 Wheelman, Nov 26, 2004
  11. It served to inflame the viewers. It evoked a reaction, mainly of fear and anger, but also to unite them against something. You could say the same thing about the videos. For weeks, every two minutes you would see the film of one of the planes crashing into the buildings, or one of the buildings collapsing. Over and over and over. That's propaganda. Tacit propaganda, maybe, but still propaganda. Propaganda is no longer caricatures of germans and japanese, but it is now images from real events, pounded into your head by the media. It's not the way it used to be, but the effects are the same.

12. they so want to be bombed senseless

13. Pretty much anything posted by Homero, CMC, or Chairman.

14. Americans are the Kings of propaganda, they are so full of propaganda that they say other countries are using propaganda. i saw a US recruiting film from 1942, and it was 100% Propaganda. i think it started off by saying. "At present, the world is divided into to hemispheres, the Evil Totalitarian Fascist Hemisphere and the Freedom Loving Democratic Hemisphere (featuring North America in the centre of this glowing white hemisphere, and Germany and Japan featured and the centre of a dark hemisphere emblazoned with Swatzika's and the rising Sun.)

It then goes on to say something about we are 3000 miles from Germany, and 3000 miles from Japan, this proximity is the only thing lying between us and total world domination.

By the way, this was aimed at 18 year old Marine recruits.

15. Of course we have/had propaganda. Everyone does. It is a totally natural, normal function of the government.

16. but US propaganda is the worst by far, even Hitler didn't go as far as the Americans in some areas of propaganda, its just that Americans were stupid enough to believe all of what they said.

Hitler actually had something to base his propaganda on, the Treaty of Versailles, Hyper-inflation, the Great depression and the failure of Weimar. he actually did provide founded arguements, as opposed to the American mentality of, they are worse than us, they are over the other side of the world, they MUST hate us.

I am not a Nazi in case you are wondering.

Hitler did not use extensive propaganda to get power, instead he used mass appeal (he simultaniously appealed to workers, the middle class and big business by providing work reforms, economic stability and opposition to Communism.

YEs, of course every country uses propaganda, its just that the Americans have used unfounded, unjustified, untrue and over-exaggerated claims as propaganda.

17. He certainly took advantage of that Reichstag fire...

18. HO-LEE-SH1T, you are dumb, he did not go and say "BooHoo, those reds burnt down our building," he passed the Emergency Decree, there is a difference. of course your understanding of Hitlers rise to power comes directly from that movie with Robert Carlile.

19. So he didn't use it to his advantage, I see.

What movie are you talking about?

20. any advertising to push someones agenda.

Just take a look at the US electoral campaigns. like kerry being a flip flopper etc.

wmd for iraq. axis of evil.

and before all the crybabies start having a big cry. Read the definition first dumbasses.

propaganda
    1. The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
    2. Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.
    3. Propaganda Roman Catholic Church. A division of the Roman Curia that has authority in the matter of preaching the gospel, of establishing the Church in non-Christian countries, and of administering Church missions in territories where there is no properly organized hierarchy.

21. But he didn't use it as propaganda.

I think its called Hitler: The Rise of Evil. its a miniseries produced 1 or 2 years ago.

22. #23 lizardmech, Nov 26, 2004
  23. We had a discussion about you being allowed to open your mouth regarding anything historical when you first joined this site. In the end my position stood, and you went off crying that I should be banned.

The Reichstag is a classic example of propaganda at an extent the Americans never went to. In all likelyhood it was a fire started by the Nazi SA unless we are to believe that a Dutchman, who couldn't even piece together a coherent scentance at the time of his arrest for arsen set the building ablaze. The very first thing that Goering did when he steped out of his car at the scene was to blame and denounce the communists for the unspeekable act. (This is where he did say "BooHoo, those reds burnt down our building" in direct contradiction to your silly claim) This punctation on his part was widely accepted even by Hindinburg. The propaganda victory allowed the Nazi SA to round up and imprison several thousand communists and anti-nazi intelectuals in the next 24 hours. As well as pass the Febuary 28 Decree, which would have never happened without the soviet scapegoat that the Nazi propaganda had created. In the wake of the Decree, article 48 of the Weimar constitution was used along with the newly passed enabling act (of march 24 if I recall correctly)to indefinatly suspend civil and political freedoms.

This all because the Reichstag burned, and all because the NSDP could finger the communists.

The Nazi state was built on Propaganda. Propaganda against the Jews, Propaganda regarding aryan and german superiority, Propaganda against the communists, against Versaille, against anything that stood in Hitler's way. The same cannot be said for the USA, and this is where your argument truly falls apart.

24. Bigger solutions needed for a bigger populace to control bigger amounts of resources and achieve bigger goals via pumping in bigger amounts of assets and doing bigger amounts of research = vastly more amounts, and more effective propoganda systems.