I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

Discussion in '1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Straßenversion' started by samiclkgtr, Aug 10, 2002.

1. im not sure bu ti think they did a benchmark 2 the topspeed on Top Gear ,,,and it reached 391Kph<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

It was the McLaren F1 which did that... the one you downloaded is wrong... probably from kazaa... because I once got that shit too

3. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

This car could possibly kick the McLAREN ass, if would be able to go over 245 Mph. Forsure this would of been more know today if it had 245 MPH under its belt.

4. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

612HP is alot, but not nearly enough to make a 3500lb car go much faster then 200mph

5. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

the mclaren can be beat by the clk-gtr in the 1/4mile but in top speed its all mclaren!

6. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

what is it with this car? 612 hp should send it over 200 mph. crazy...

7. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

huh, yeah it can... many cars that have that power and much more weight can...
    anyway this top speed is definitly wrong.. CLK-GTR top speed is somewhere around 215 or seomthing !

8. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

soz gizmo, it is 190 sumthing

its probably cos of a lot of downforce on the car. also the car is probably geared quite low. it does 60-100 faster than 0-60, which is quite impressive, and clocks in the 1/4 mile at 9.sumthing.

9. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

its the downforce which makes the top speed low. Look at the F1 road versus the F1 LM. the LM has quite a bit more horsepower but it's insane crazy downforce makes it's top speed 15 mph slower.

10. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

yeah, that is alot of hp for such small mph.

11. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

well whenever will you ever get to see that top speed anyways? who gives a shit.

12. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

Such a small MPH???? Have you ever been going 190 b4? i've gone 170mph b4 in my friends 98' Corvette and the view was blurry already with nothing but parked cars on the freeway

13. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

IF the spoilers were flat out... it can

14. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

It is wrong it goes up to 203 mph, or something around there, i know it goes 200+mph for sure

15. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

HAHA-the top speed is supposed to be 324kph, you convert it to mph yourself. Although word from Merc is that it can go faster.

16. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

Top Speed - 191 MPH (for the Road Car)
    200+ for the racing version
    - can actually go more than that if the Spoilers were flat out... can even make the McLaren F1 lose it's title

17. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

Could it really go that fast, I mean, so fast to surpass the Mac?

18. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

The gearing is based on the FIA racign version so it wont have high top speed but acceleration benefits , just look at the 1/4 mile time
    for a 1500+ kg car and it makes sense

19. Re: I think the top speed on the site iz wrong,,,

If I was gonna pay $1,500,000 for a car, I would expect it to go over 200mph. this data is definetly wrong.