I wish they didnt get rid of it

Discussion in '1985 Ferrari Testarossa' started by bob777, Aug 9, 2002.

1. When a Testarossa roars down the street, all heads turn! The sheer beauty of Pininfarina's body styling, the unbridled power of the 390-bhp flat-12 and the luxurious ivory-leather interior makes this one of Maranello's masterpieces.

Topspeed-170
    0-60 5.4 sec.
    engine type- Flat 12
    Displacement: 390bhp at 6300 rpm
    Max Torque: 360lb-fl at 4500rpm
    Weight: 3675lbs
    Gas Mileage: 14mpg
    Price:(1996) $220,000

2. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chris Draper</i>
    <b>When a Testarossa roars down the street, all heads turn! The sheer beauty of Pininfarina's body styling, the unbridled power of the 390-bhp flat-12 and the luxurious ivory-leather interior makes this one of Maranello's masterpieces.

Amen. Best "mass produced" Ferrari.

3. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

TESTIFY!!! LOL, yes... too bad they did take this out of production. This was the first Supercar I fell in love with...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

yea its 1 of my fav. ferraris

5. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

they kept it going with the 512 moniker for a while though.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

I love them too. The engine sounds terrific. I remember my first ride in one. The seat belts didnt work, i was holding onto the door handle for dear life. Luckily the driver knew what he was doing. It wasnt the fastest car i've been in, ive even driven fast cars, but its a FERRARI. It does everything good. Here are some pics of the car. The white TR all the way to the left was the one i was in, i was actually in all 3 and i drove the NSX.
    The 2nd is of the engine of the testarossa.
    the third is of a 512m. I was not in this car, even though i would have loved to be taken out. This pic was taken at the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance. Its a world renowned car show. This car was in the same circle with another one of my friends with a 550 Barchetta (you can see it in the background, above the 512. that car is amazing).
    The 4th is another of the 512m. If you look at the concours plate you can see that they said its a 1975 ferrari when its a 95.

7. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

Heres one of that 550 Barchetta, just because its that amazing. Who's that sexy mother#$%#er in the 2nd picture? ;) Sorry about the bad quality of the last 2 pics.

8. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

You are a lucky person and I'm jealous-sigh-I've never even been inside a Ferrari let alone be driven in own.

Life is so sad.

9. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

Oops ment to type one not own*

10. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

Ferrari decided that a 14 year production was long enough, despite how lovely the car was. It was getting harder and harder to revamp the Testarossa when newer, more powerful cars were being offered. So they came out with the 550 Maranello in 1996 to challenge the other companies.

11. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

Ferrari decided that a 14 year production was long enough, despite how lovely the car was. It was getting really expensive to improve as well as being increasingly difficult to revamp the aging Testarossa when newer, more powerful cars were being offered. Therefore, Ferrari came out with the 550 Maranello in 1996 to challenge the other companies.

12. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

Its my nickname!

13. Re: I wish they didnt get rid of it

i have never liked the way it looks. but it has such a storied, if short, history, that i end up liking the thing anyway...