I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

Discussion in '1987 Ferrari F40' started by BurnOut3:16, Nov 24, 2002.

1. I love each and every Ferrari, just some more than others. If i had the chance of one of these, i would have to go with the Ferrari F50. For one, I think it looks a lot better style wise, and interior wise. This car is basicaly empty with interior, while the F50 has style. I also dont like the rear of this car, while the F50 has a great rear, it looks awesome. I think this car is faster than the F50, but for me, anthing over 180 is fast enough. If you've ever been in a car going 160 or 180mph, its just awesome, almost nothing can compare to it. so going 200+ isnt a big deal for me. what do you perfer?

2. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

the nferari f40 is the nicest ferari , one of the fastest ferraris and the coolest car ever. what are you talking about? actually the f50 rocks too but the f40s retro style is truly kicking butt

3. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

i would take the f50 over this. it is 10 better isnt it? jk.

4. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

If i could, i would take an F50 with the rear of an F40. I dont care too much about interior.

5. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

the F40 is more clasic

6. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

I would rather have an F40. It has more racing spirit than the F50, to me it has better looks aswell. It might not be as good but is one of the greatest Ferrari's ever made.

7. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

I would take an F40 because it is more beautiful, it was a remarkable car than the F50, and slighly faster, thanks the Turbocharger.The F50 has live in the shadow of Maclaren F1,and the fact that it isn't faster than F40.
    0-100kmh 0-160kmh 0-200kmh top Speed Weight Hp
    F40 3.9s 7.8s 11.0s 324 1100 478
    F50 3.8s 8.2s 12.0s 325 1230 520

8. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

Id go with the F40...Its one of the most beautiful cars ever. Maybe it doesnt look like it in these pics, but if uve seen one in real life, its like watching a Hot cheerleader masturbate. U just cant take your eyes off of it. And i see the F50 more of a chickcar, how its all rounded off and everyhting. The F40 looks more like a pure, raw, brute muscle//sportscar, and i love it. MY OPINion

9. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

Yes. F50.

10. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

depends the f-40 is quicketr down the quarter mile but the f-50 is quicker on a track so its anyones choice

11. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

Ok you started out good about f50 looking better than the f40 and everything right on,but the f40 isn't faster than the F50 where did you hear this from?

F50 0-60 3.7 sec
    0-100mph6.0 sec
    1/4 mile 10.9 sec
    top speed>202mph

f40 0-60 3.8 sec
    0-100mph 8.0 sec
    1/4mile 11.8

top speed 201 mph

as you can see the f50 not only smokes it in a straight line but will man handle it around a turn or two,lol.
    f50 equals no rubber in it's suspension,therefor like a f1 car for the road style handling.

12. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

where the #$%# do you people get these #$%#ed up stats.
    f50=3.7 sec0-60 -6.0 sec 0-100mph 10.9 sec 1/4mile and 202mph top speed,those are the real performance stats of the f50!.In fact the F50 is quicker than a Mclaren in accelaration
    all the way to about 200mph.
    where the #$%# did you get 8.2 sec,supercars.net is full of shit man!

The f50 would not only beat the f40 in a straight line6.0vs.8.0 sec
    0-100mph or 10.9 vs.11.8 sec 1/4 mile,but it would manhandle the f40
    around a curvy track to.

i have a video of a f50 being tested on a track and the dude say'"at the limit of adhesion it feels as if the car is on tip toes dancing through the apex"...So I don't knowwhere you ppl got this #$%#ed up info about the f40 being faster but it's pissing me off!
    I mean i like the f40 too but the f50 is way better.
    and supercars.net is full of shit,with their f50 stats!

13. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

i'll take the F50 over the F40, coz the F40 has roll up windows.

14. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

also because the F50 is newer and handles better.

15. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

Well I got news for you buddy,the f50 also has roll up windows,lol
    But yes I would take an f50 over an f40 too!

16. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

Get off the crack,the f50 doesn't have any aesthetics either,just like the f40 but it looks way nicer,it's faster and handles better too!

17. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

argh! but the f50 is from 1995

18. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

what r u on about? last great supercar?

19. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

what r u on about? last great supercar?

20. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

F40 please......the F50 is a pain in the arse for road driving.

21. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

Alright. The f 50 MIGHT be SLIGHTly faster. I own one of the few f 40's in the world. My grandfather baught it at the time for almost 1/2 million. The value of the vehicle is now, around 1 million. Now this f 50, has no value, isnt worth the money, isnt a classic(will never be) was poorly designed in my opinion, and okay let it be faster. It really really doesnt matter too much. Ive also driven a f 50 and no the handling is not better. so u people can stop talkin out of your asses. I was gonna buy this car. Ive decided to go with mclaren. Now that will be handling =)

22. Who the hell...

What in God's name are you talking about!? Yes I would take an F50 over an F40 because it's newer and shinier and roundier than the old one. Shut up. The F40 is the second greatest sports car (behind the 959) on the planet. This car was Enzo Ferrari's dream car. I'm not going to get into specs cause those are basically useless. This car was meant to beat EVERYTHING. If I had some money (I should start selling drugs), the first thing I would blow my money on is this car. Okay, I'd buy a Porsche 959 first. But if the 959 didn't exist, I would buy the F40. It is a true sports car. There's a serious lack of interior, it's unbelievably fast, so it's basically like driving an F1 car on the street, which is what all sports cars should be. Gone are the days when there was a real sports car. Now, we have leviathan machines that make 400bhp, but weight as much as an F-350 dually because they have useless interior parts. All sports cars should be radio delete, first of all. I love the F40. My hands hurt from typing for 2 hours. Damn, it's only 4:30 AM. Time to go to sleep...

23. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

No, I prefer the unrefinement of the F40.

24. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

F50 over an F40?Definatly..I mean I like the F40 alot,can't I have both?lol .But if I had to choose I'd pick the f50,it's newer it looks better,it's probably faster(not like it matters)and I heard it handles realy good too.And even though I never heard how an F40 sounds,I have heard how an F50 sounds,and man is it sweet!

25. Re: I would take the F50 over this, how about you?

pain in the ass? reasons plz....