I'm really sorry...

Discussion in '1993 Jaguar XJ220' started by Blitzschnell, May 24, 2003.

1. This is a great car and all, amazing actually, but the styling just doesn't do it for me. Anyone else agree? It looks kind of strange, IMO.

2. Re: I'm really sorry...

I agree actually, and this is like one of my favorite cars. I think that the styling of the S TWR version is way better. The open lights and rims are great improvements and i think thats all the would be necesary to make this car look better. Im not even into the big rim thing but these closed ones look real gay. I dont know, thats just me

3. Re: I'm really sorry...

im not sure about the rims either but i still think that this car is stunning. definitely much better looking than its contemporaries like the McLaren F1, bugatti EB110 and ferrari F50 IMHO. its really sleek and still looke cutting edge today, 10 years on.

4. Re: I'm really sorry...

I would have to say that the pic on this site is a very poor view, the first pic i ever saw of this car was from a '93 Road and Track (Im not sure about the month of the issue, but it had the first test of the Mitsubishi Eclipse as a comparison against the SHO Taurus and some others). I just about fell in love with the looks of the car from that pic (Despite the fact that the car was a horrible purple shade in the picture). Try to find some other, better pics of the car before you make a final judgement on if you like it or not.

5. Re: I'm really sorry...

I dunno, I love the looks, especially the TWR version. I adore this car, its just so frickin awesome, its performance is utterly amazing, even ten years after it was built. Hi Kobus

6. Re: I'm really sorry...

id like to take back what i said about not being sure about the rims; they may not be nice in a conventional sense but they definitely fit the overall look of the car and compliment it well. they remind me of the big 18inch dinnerplate ones from the early DB7s, anyone else think that too?

7. Re: I'm really sorry...

i like the look of this car... IMHO i like this one better than the Enzo.

8. Re: I'm really sorry...

It looks good but some five spoke wheels would look cool too.

9. Re: I'm really sorry...

possibly, but i think these wheels actually suit this car quite well, even if they arent the prettiest. some wheels with loadsa spokes might looke nicer than 5-spoke wheels, i just dont think that they would suit the look of this car.

10. Re: I'm really sorry...

This car is gorgeous, it's just its simplicity of shape that does it for me. If it was unveiled today people would still say it looks fresh. It's timeless, pure and simple. Like I said, gorgeous!

11. Re: I'm really sorry...

Some BBS type racing wheels would probably look great...along with previously mentioned open headlights. But I guess it's been aroung too long to change now. We'll just have to wait for Jag to build something else. Something better I'm sure.

12. Re: I'm really sorry...

actually jaguar have got something new, check out the XF 10 (i think its called that) concept. if theres enough interest in it jagaur will consider making it but then again, they said that about the F type and the XK180.

13. Re: I'm really sorry...

I actually saw one of these in person a few days ago... it is #$%#ing incredible. I thought it looked a little strange from the pictures but then you see it in person and all qualms are relieved. It is truely a thing of beauty. Look at the pics (sorry about the quality.. i was going to get some chinese food in my sister's car and the only cam i could find was her 1.3 megapixel 10-dollar digital camera.. as the car was just sitting in the parking lot next to the chinese restaurant)

14. Re: I'm really sorry...

a few more

15. Re: I'm really sorry...

a few more

Sorry about the last one too.. my friend took it while we were driving by and my sis's cam doesn't have a viewfinder.. its kinda point and guess

16. Re: I'm really sorry...

this or the 2002 Lotus Esprit which do you prefer

17. Re: I'm really sorry...

personally id have to agreee
    i dont like the styling of this car
    but nice pics from the guy who posted them

18. Re: I'm really sorry...

this is one of my fave cars, so...

19. Re: I'm really sorry...

One of my favorites.A car designed in 1988 and still turns heads. Great looks. But a six shooter rhyms would do much better on this baby

20. Re: I'm really sorry...

A car which is 11 years old now it has very good styling i think.

21. Re: I'm really sorry...

To each his own guys, to each his own. I personally think it looks sexy. As with the above poster, a car this old still has the looks to fit with today's supercars.

22. Re: I'm really sorry...

If you had never seen it before you would probly think it's a new car, i did in something like 1998 when i had a calender of cars and it was there, i thought it was brand spankin new, but then i found out it was '93 and was very suprised.