Insult for Monte Carlo

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS' started by deuginthesky, Aug 9, 2002.

1. How could Chevrolet call this shit Monte Carlo ?!?!

Monte Carlo (close to Monaco) is the one of the places in the world where you can the most Ferraris , Porches , Jags , Mercedes , Bentley , RR , Lotus....

It's a shame that a so ridiculous car is called Monte Carlo

2. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo's are the shit. Better than a jag Ferrari Benz or any car.

3. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

You must be a superidiot to think that...

4. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Hahahahaha a $20,000 crappy 8 second 0-60 monte carlo is better than a $250,000 4 second Ferrari???? You would actually take a Monte Carlo over a luxurious Jaguar or a Mercedes Benz???? Mercedes and Jaguar have 4 door sedans that could absolutely tear up any Monte Carlo if you think im wrong then check some of their stats. Stupid.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

2000 Ferrari 360 Modena 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, 2001 Jaguar XJR Special 0-60 in 5.4 seconds, and its a 4 door sedan, and we both know it would spank a Monte Carlo all over. 2000 Mercedes-Benz Renntech CLK GTX 0-60 in 3.4 seconds with a top speed of over 220 MPH. Ohh and there are Porsche I-6 that will do 0-60 in under 4 seconds and you are telling me that your Big Monte Carlo that has a huge V-8 is a bad out car? There are trucks out there faster than Monte Carlos. 2000 Rolls-Royce Corniche Convertible 0-60 in 8.5 seconds and it ways over 6,000 lbs i know its a V-8 and all but still! 1995 Fiat Barchetta which is a I-4 does 0-60 in 6.7 seconds and its not even turbo. I dont know the exact figures for the Monte Carlos in the 80s but I do know that 6.7 is mighty close to them. And its a crappy Fiat! So you have no place to say that a Monte Carlo is better than a Ferrari (hahaha thats why rich people drive Ferraris and not Montes right?) Jaguar, and Mercedes Benz which are in a totally different class than the old Monte Carlos that you see falling apart sitting in front of junky houses, or even the new Monte Carlo SS that you see the old granny next door cruising around in. Give me proof that a Monte is better than any of the cars I have listed.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Nice Carlo MonteSS... I LOVE monte carlos but i dont agree that their better then all other cars... specialy not the vette or the camaro (if i compare other cars from the same compagny)...

7. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Montess you RULE! Finally I find another Monte lover here. The 84-88SS's are awesome. This board is mostly filled with a bunch of jobless lazy ignorant bastards that think their 4 cyl honda can beat any of the REAL cars listed on this site and will never actually OWN a REAL car.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

You guys that think monte carlos are the best cars out of all of them, are quite ignorant. There are tond of better cars, im not saying the monte carlos $hit, but there aer tons better than it. Would you take a fully doen up porshce all expenses paid, fuel gas insrance parts everthing, or a mote carlo with te same deal, and you never have to pay a cent?? woudl you, if you would then your pretty stupid

9. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Maaan, f*** all yall!!! Fucken dumbasses!!!! U think this Monte Carlo won't beat yalls piece of shit 4 cylinders!!! Ha, u got another thing coming!!! I've seen these things around and they are pretty F***en fast!!!! If its not fast enough for u, then put a 454 in that sucker and find out. U dumb mofo's!!!

10. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

ok Jesterfield, have Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Fiat, Benz, or Jaguar ever won in NASCAR or dominated any field of NASCAR as much as the Monte Carlo has? I think not! who cares if it isn't as fast as these supercars, the Monte Carlo is an American Classic, and a very popular musclecar, both in 1970 and from 84-88 with the Monte Carlo SS Aerobacks dominating the tracks of NASCAR and helping Dale Earnhardt dominate like he did. FYI, he won his one and only Daytona 500 in a Monte Carlo in 1998..who cares about 0-60 times and the fact that these above mentioned foreigners could whoop this Monte Carlo...yes I do like Ferrari and Jaguar as well, but as far as American Legend in Musclecars and NASCAR is concerned, no make, foreign or domestic can tough the legacy the Monte Carlo has created and is still creating...and you say trucks are faster than this, well put an NCTS (Nascar Craftsman Truck Series) Silverado against a NASCAR Monte Carlo and let them loose for 50 or so laps at Daytona or Talladega (or maybe a short track like Bristol, Martinsville or Darlington) and chances are the Monte Carlo would kick the truck's ass...

Ferrari, Porsche, Fiat, Jaguar and the like may have success at different tracks such as LeMans, Silverstone, Monaco, and the like, but they can't rival the dominance on American stock car tracks that this car has...so I guess it's safe to say that each marque in here has had their own level of success on different racing tracks around the world, but loving cars is all a matter of taste...some are more distinct than others, however.

11. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Who cares about what the cars from nascars do, all they use is a fiberglass shell of a monte carlo, nothing else, and besides we were talking about the monte that is out on the street which is nothing to look twice at, i have serious respect for the monte's of the 80's but not this car, it is slow, bad handling, and no bang for the buck, i saw one of these last week get destroyed by a little nissan 4 banger, so say what you want about how it has history and stuff like that, but this car does not deserve to have the phrase supercar anywhere near it and as for the guy saying drop a 454 in and nobody will be able to touch, well no sh*t buddy, you can drop a 454 in almost any car and it will be hard to find cars faster than it

12. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

NASCAR stock cars use the same sheetmetal from production cars in the hood, roof and decklid areas..everything else is fabricated...and let's see someone drop a 454 into a little Civic or an RSX or NSX or S2000 and see if it can handle the massive torque and power that engine puts out..or better yet a Hemi..that engine would tear those cars to shreds...I too miss the design of the Monte Carlo's of the 80's but nothin compares to the original Monte Carlo, the 1970..but the 80's design, with the aeroback design and such were the real rulers of NASCAR in it's heyday...I would not consider the new MC an insult..every car company and car has to evolve, whether we like the new design or not...

13. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Wow, you just get more ignorant by the post, don't you?

Gee, that's funny, first off, the problem would be that the engine wouldn't fit into the engine bay, not that they couldn't handle the power, the cars could easily handle the torque and power (the Chassis could, though some drivetrain parts on the Civic and RSX might need to be changed). Second, considering that there are NSX's running close to 1000hp and 900lbft torque with a STOCK drivetrain, suspension and chasis, I think the NSX could easily handle the "mere" 400hp 450lbft torque(?) that the 454 pumps out......that is, if it could fit in the engine bay...lol.

How can any of you say this car is fast? I've seen 80% of you rag on Honda, and yet the Civic SI (which isn't all that good in comparison to the better Type-R) is faster than this, has much better build quality, and handles better (just look at the acceleration times, consumer reports, and street lap times).

14. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

if you think that, you're well and truly ignorant. Not only do we bash on people like that, we bash on rednecks like you.

15. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Gee, I'm currently a jobless, lazy, Scholar, although I do have a job lined up for the summer in which I will be managing, planning and developing one of our great nation's national Parks, in two months I will make $9,000, then it's back to college in the fall. Considering I'm a "jobless, lazy, ignorant" student, that's quite impressive, tell me, what are you going to be doing for the summer?

On top of that, once this semester is over, I will have two full months to do whatever the hell I want, during that time I will be rally racing, travel overseas for two weeks, and hang out with all my old buddies from my hometown, drink beer, and basically have fun, before I have to go to work at the end of June. Now, in my 1.6 litre I4 Honda, I could easily blow you away in your "REAL" car on any windy road of your choice, and hell, against your little Monte Carlo SS, of the same year as my car (1990) I could even blow you away in a drag race, so stuff it dickwad.

BTW - I've already pre-arranged the purchase of a Subaru Impreza WRX STI for after I graduate from my post-secondary institution 2 years from now, which is far more car than you could ever hope to sit your grubby ass in.

16. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

This is...They SERIOUSLY dropped the ball. THey have done better...I've seen'em. And to the last poster, props. Not all of us own rustbuckets like ya think. I own a 91 NSX,if ya wannaknow.

17. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Why dosen't this site have 84' thru 88' Monte Carlo's? The SS's were bad ass, not to mention they were fast for the 80's. I've got a 87' SS, and that thing hauls ass! The new Monte Carlo's definatly arn't fast cars, yet. Give GM a year or two, and it'll have a V8. The 2004's are going to be supercharged, finally. It won't be long till they'll be equipped with a V8 and rear drive. (Here's a pic of my car, sweet isn't it?)

18. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Oh I forgot, I don't have those wheels any more. I now have chrome 17 inch American Racing Torque Thrust 2 wheels.

19. The only good Monte Carlo

Is made by Mega...

20. Re: Insult for Monte Carlo

Okay guys, I'm not saying it's a bad car, but my dad drives one, and he's not exactly into drag racing.....it's a nice car to make an old guy feel special, but that's about it....If you ask me, Toyota Supra is the way to go...

21. i'm tired of hearing all this sh**. the monte carlo is a sports sedan not a supercar SO STOP MAKING THAT COMPARISON, you idiots. I'll agree that this is not the fastest or best looking , but what the he** do i care, I'm 16 and own a 02 monte carlo SS. that being said its safe to say i have raced, lost, and won. i got the monte carlo because it was different and there was only one other in town when i got it. so to all you a**H**** who try to compare V6"s to V12's, go ride a bike and think about that.

P.S. MY Bro's '71 chevy C10 with its 526 hemi will murder your little 454's on the strip!